Can you watch Channel 4 in Australia? Unfortunately, no! Channel 4, All 4, or E4 is geo-restricted in Australia, however, using our top recommended ExpressVPN, you can access Channel 4 in Australia with no problems. We’re sharing four simple steps to help you out on how to watch Channel 4 in Australia in 2023. Read on!
So, what is All 4? Channel 4 on demand or All 4 is a popular British free-to-air streaming network that broadcasts popular All4 shows like Married at First Sight UK, The Great British Bake Off, The Piano, I Am Ruth and many amazing Channel 4 movies like Consent 2023, My Friend Dahmer, along with that you can also enjoy your favorite sports.
However, Channel 4 Australia is regionally blocked due to content licensing policies. Thus, the easiest way to get around Channel 4’s geographic restrictions in Australia is to use a reliable VPN offering a UK IP address. So, without further ado, let’s start streaming!
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia? [Easy Steps]
Follow these simple steps to stream Channel 4 in Australia:
- Download and subscribe to a reliable VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN because of its high-speed servers).
- Install the ExpressVPN app on the device you want to watch Channel 4.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the UK server (preferably Docklands) to bypass geo-restriction in Australia.
- Head to Channel4 website and enjoy streaming Channel 4 on demand in Australia.
Note: We can help if you are unsure about how you can sign up for Channel 4 on demand and let you enjoy free sport streaming in Australia!
How to Watch Channel 4 in Australia with a VPN? [Video Tutorial]
Here’s a quick video tutorial of Channel 4 on demand working with ExpressVPN in Australia:
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access Channel (All 4) in Australia?
You need a VPN to access Channel 4 live stream free in Australia because it’s geo-restricted. If you try to stream All 4 catch-up content for any of its channels in Australia without a VPN, then the following error will appear on your screen:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK. You can find more details on our FAQs.”
These geo-restrictions mainly have to do with copyright and licensing policies. But a premium VPN like ExpressVPN is the only legal solution for watching Channel 4 from abroad.
A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel for your data and replaces your original IP address with one from the selected servers, making you look like you live in Britain. This will make All4 to think that you are residing in Britain and will let you watch Channel 4 in Australia.
So, now you can enjoy watching All 4 shows and Channel 4 catch up broadcasts. Using Channel 4 catch up, you can search content by their release dates. Luckily, you can now binge-watch Everyone Else Burns in Australia on Channel 4 with the help of ExpressVPN’s UK server.
How to Sign-Up for Channel 4 in Australia?
Check out the following steps to create Channel 4 Australia account:
- Get ExpressVPN and download its app on the device you are willing to watch Channel 4.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a UK server (preferably Docklands).
- Head to Channel 4 website and click “Start your free trial.”
- Click on the “Register” option just below the email section.
- Set your credentials and click ‘Next.’
- Add your personal info, scroll down to the address section, and use postcode SW1P 2TX for London address.
- Lastly, click on “Register” to finish the process.
- You will receive a verification email in your inbox, click on the link to verify your account, and start streaming Channel 4 on demand (All4) in Australia.
Wondering, is it free to register with Channel 4? Yes, it is. Channel 4 subscription does not require any credit card information and you can watch Channel 4 for free. However, you will need a UK postal code and a VPN with a United Kingdom server to create All 4 Australia account.
⚠️To avoid Channel 4 not working error, change your device’s time zone to Zero GMT/UTC +00:00 London.
What are the Best VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in Australia? (In-Depth Analysis)
Despite numerous contenders in the industry, finding a good VPN (Virtual Private Network) for All 4 streaming is hard, very hard.
So to save you time and hassle, we tested over 50 VPNs and narrowed down these Top VPNs for streaming British Channel 4 on demand in Australia.
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Channel 4 all demand (All4) in Australia due to its fast speed servers. It offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including 4 fast British servers that allow easy access to the Channel 4 app and website.
We connected to ExpressVPN’s Docklands server (highly recommended) and unblocked Channel 4 Australia almost instantly!
The test results on a 100 Mbps connection also proved that it is the fastest streaming VPN as its downloading speed averages 92.26 Mbps and the uploading speed averages 89.45 Mbps.
While the Docklands server performed well, you should steer clear of the Wembley server because it is the slowest and we experienced buffering while Channel 4 streaming in Australia.
ExpressVPN’s UK servers can help you stream HBO Max, Roku Channel, and Vudu in Australia with minimal or zero buffering. Moreover, ExpressVPN offers a MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) option in order to access any geo-restricted service that doesn’t support VPNs.
It is compatible with every major streaming device, including PC, PlayStation, Firestick, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, and Smart TV. ExpressVPN is also compatible with Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows. So, watching UK TV in Australia is now easy and smooth with ExpressVPN.
Besides watching Channel 4 Australia, you can unblock Voot and also watch US Netflix, and Hulu in Australia! Its single plan offers 5 simultaneous device connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can get ExpressVPN just at AU$10.2/mo (US$6.67/mo) (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan)
- 3000+ servers in 160+ locations
- Fastest connection speeds
- Expansive server network
- Fastest UK servers
- Proactive customer support
- Expensive pricing plans
2. Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to Stream Channel 4 in Australia
Surfshark is a budget-friendly option to unblock All 4 Australia streaming with a cost as low as AU$3.81/mo (US$2.49/mo) (83% Off on 2 Years Plan). It offers 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, with 4 secure UK servers for watching All 4 from Australia.
We opted for the Manchester server (highly recommended), which instantly unblocked Channel 4 Australia for us!
The speed test at a 100 Mbps connection showed that Surfshark is the second-fastest VPN which provided us with a download speed of 88.48 Mbps & an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps, which is enough to stream G4 TV, and HGTV in Australia.
The Glasgow server should be avoided because it gave us a difficult time connecting to Channel 4 in Australia!
Surfshark provides military-grade AES-256 encryption, VPN Kill Switch, Clean Web, Bypasser, and Camouflage Mode. It is the only VPN that offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Besides Channel 4, you can also unblock Peacock TV and ABC in Australia without facing any technical problems. Not just this, you can even watch ABC iView using Surfshark VPN without any hassle.
Surfshark offers support for Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, and other major operating systems. It is also compatible with streaming devices such as PlayStation, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Wi-Fi routers.
- 3200+ servers in 65+ countries
- Budget-friendly pricing plans
- Provides unlimited connectivity on unlimited devices at once
- Works best with major streaming services like HBO Max and Netflix.
- VPN Kill Switch works perfectly fine
- Lacks an app for routers
- Average torrenting speeds
3. NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Australia
NordVPN has the largest server network to catch Channel 4 live in Australia. It offers 5310+ servers in 59+ countries including 4 servers in the UK.
We used NordVPN’s UK #1925 server (highly recommended) to test NordVPN’s connectivity, and it immediately unblocked Channel 4 in Australia!
The downloading speed of Surfshark averages 86.49 Mbps, whereas the upload speed was 79.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. NordVPN is the best VPN in terms of speedy connection to watch Channel 4 UK in Australia buffer-free.
Since UK server #2325 kept disconnecting and degrading the streaming quality, it should be avoided.
NordVPN’s advanced features include a zero-log policy, Obfuscated Servers, NordLynx Protocol, Ad-blocker, Double VPN, AES 256-Bit Encryption, and CyberSec. With the help of NordVPN, you can easily watch BBC iPlayer in Australia as well.
NordVPN offers dedicated servers for every major streaming device, including PlayStation, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, Smart TV, and Wi-Fi routers. It also offers support NordVPN offers support for Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
With NordVPN, you can enjoy up to 6 simultaneous connections on a single subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It can help you access CraveTV, get Rai Italia TV and ITV Hub in Australia.
You can get NordVPN just at AU$5.03/mo (US$3.29/mo) (Save 60% on 2-year plan).
- 5310+ servers in 59+ countries
- No DNS leaks
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Torrenting supported on limited servers
What to Watch on Channel 4 in Australia in May 2023?
You can watch plenty of content on Channel 4 on demand (All4), whether it’s shows, movies, documentaries, or News. Channel 4 has more than 1500+ programs available for their users. Let’s look at some popular movies and shows on Channel 4.
What are the Best Channel 4 Shows in May 2023?
You can stream the following popular shows on Channel 4 Australia in 2023:
- Scared of The Dark
- I Am Ruth
- Tempting Fortune
- Made in Chelsea Season 25
- Rise and Fall
- Betfred Super League 2023
- Crufts 2023
- Four in a Bed – Season 18
- Love It or List It – Season 4
- Modern Family – Season 5
- The Great British Bake Off
- Bend It Like Beckham
- The Piano
- Travel Man Season 11
- I Am Ruth
- The Light In The Hall Season 2
- Everyone Else Burns
- Top Dog
- Guy Martin’s Great British Power Trip
- Red Light
What are the Best Channel 4 Films in May 2023?
Here’s a list of the best films on Channel 4 Australia in May 2023:
- George Michael: Outed
- Happy Death Day 2 U
- The Godfather
- The Godfather Part II
- Military Wives
- Inside Man
- Slumdog Millionaire
- The Iron Lady
- Meet The Parents
- The Motorcycle Diaries
- 12 Years a Slave
- The Inbetweeners Movie
- The Inbetweeners 2
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Mission: Impossible
- Gemini Man
- Minority Report
- My Friend Dahmer
- The Year From Space
- Sonic the Hedgehog
What’s New on Channel 4 in May 2023?
New releases on Channel 4 in May 2023:
- A Place in the Sun
- The Greatest Auction
- Grand Designs: The Streets
- Mobile 101
- The Craft Legacy
- Depp V Heard
- Sarah Beeny’s New Life in the Country
- Rescue: Extreme Medics
What Channels Can I Stream on Channel 4 in Australia?
Channel 4 Australia has a series of channels ready to be streamed by the users; they are as follows:
- Walter Presents
What Devices are All 4 Streaming on?
All 4 streaming is available on the following devices:
How Can Australians Download the Channel 4 App?
Since Channel 4 app Australia doesn’t exist, can you download Channel 4 app in Australia? Yes, you can. We have enlisted easy steps that will allow Australians to download Channel 4 app on their devices. Let’s take a look at these steps:
Can I watch Channel 4 in Australia on my Android Phone?
Yes, you can. Follow these simple steps to watch Channel 4 on your Android phone:
- Get ExpressVPN on your device and connect to a UK server (preferably Docklands).
- Create a new Gmail account (do not enter your phone number).
- Visit the Google Play Store and search for Channel 4 UK app.
- Install the All4 streaming app on your device.
- Log in and start watching your favourite shows!
How Can I Watch Channel 4 on iOS?
Follow these easy steps to get All 4 app on iOS devices:
- On your Apple ID, change your region to the UK.
- Get ExpressVPN and install it on your Apple device.
- Connect to a UK server (preferably Docklands).
- Look for the All 4 app on App Store.
- Install it and log in.
- Congratulations, now you can stream Channel 4 live free in Australia without a hassle.
How to Get Channel 4 in Australia on Roku?
- Download ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Choose a UK server (preferably Docklands) on your VPN.
- Then, connect your Roku stick to your smart TV via the HDMI port.
- Switch on your device and tap on Channel 4 on the Roku home screen and start streaming Channel 4 on Roku.
Can I watch Channel 4 on my PC?
Here’s how to get Channel 4 in Australia on PC/Windows:
- Install ExpressVPN and connect to a UK server (preferably Docklands).
- Go to All4 website and create an account.
- After successfully creating an account, start enjoying your favourite Channel 4 TV shows and movies.
How do I get Channel 4 on my TV or PS4 in Australia?
You can easily get Channel 4 or All4 app on your TV and PS4 using our top recommended ExpressVPN’s UK server:
- Get ExpressVPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Search for a reliable UK server We recommend the Docklands server.
- Look for the section of TV/Video Services and search for Channel 4.
- Tap on ‘Get’ or ‘Download’ from the options.
- Now Channel4 app is included in your channel list of Smart TV or PS4, start streaming now.
If you want to watch Channel 4 without app, you can simply visit Channel 4 website on your TV and enjoy one tree hill streaming Australia.
What Other Streaming Services You Can Unblock in Australia?
You can watch many other streaming services in Australia using ExpressVPN. Check the below list, pick one and start streaming:
|Watch Sky Sports in Australia||Watch BT Sport in Australia|
|Watch CraveTV in Australia||Watch Viaplay in Australia|
|Get Canadian Netflix in Australia||–|
|Watch Bravo TV in Australia||–|
|Watch Italian Rai TV in Australia||–|
Why can't I register with All 4?
Is Channel 4 streaming free?
Is Channel 4 free to watch in Australia?
Can you download Channel 4?
Is it legal to watch All 4 in Australia?
Can I watch All 4 without app?
Can I use free VPN to watch Channel 4 in Australia?
Additionally, free VPNs track your internet actions and inundate you with adverts. They might gather logs and market them to independent websites.
Wrapping it Up!
Now that you know how to watch Channel 4 UK in Australia, yes, with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, We chose ExpressVPN mainly because it has a 30-day money-back guarantee, dedicated fast servers for streaming, and unlimited bandwidth. It’s time to tune into free streaming TV shows in Australia on the channel 4.
You can also get Channel 4 Australia on Firestick by adding the channel. Isn’t it great!? You will definitely find several shows there to stream, some hidden gems, and some mainstream hits. You may never want to delete Channel 4 because it contains so much content. So, happy binging your favorite content on Channel 4 in Australia!
You might also like our guides on: