Sky Go is a popular streaming platform with over 70 live channels airing sports, documentaries, kid’s content, news, TV shows, and Sky Go movies. But, the streaming service is geo-restricted and to watch Sky Go in Australia you will need a VPN!
If you prefer the convenience of having all your streaming services in one place, then you should add Sky Go on Firestick in Australia.
The Sky Go app is available on the Amazon Store and it’s easy to use, thanks to its user-friendly interface. It also supports downloading content for offline viewing.
However, the app experiences compatibility issues when installed directly on Firestick. So, you’ll need to use a third-party downloading method like the ES File Explorer or Downloader.
Let’s look at the various methods to install the Sky Go app on Firestick.
How to Install Sky Go on Firestick in Australia? [All Methods]
Wondering if you can get Sky Go on Firestick in Australia? There are various methods to install Sky Go on the Firestick device. However, here is the easiest method to download Sky Go directly on your Firestick:
- Go to the Firestick home screen and click on the ‘Search’ icon.
- Type in ‘Sky Go’ and click the ‘Search’ icon.
- Pick the official Sky Go app from the list of apps.
- Click the ‘Get’ button under the app icon.
- The app will start downloading and will automatically install on your Firestick.
- Launch the Sky Go app on your Firestick and sign in with your credentials.
While the method is easy, there have been reports that users experience the ‘Firestick not compatible with Sky Go’ error message. If you face the issue, use any of the methods below to download Sky Go on Firestick and watch best Sky TV shows.
Method 1: How to Install Sky Go on Firestick Using a Downloader?
Method 2: How to Install Sky Go On Firestick with an ES File Explorer?
Method 3: How to Install Sky Go on Firestick Using an Aptoide App?
Aptoide is an Android application that sideloads apps on a Firestick streaming device. Here are the steps to install the Sky Go app on Firestick using Aptoide.
- Install the Aptoide app on your Firestick.
- Launch Aptoide and look for the search for the Sky Go app on the ‘Search Tab.’
- The ‘Sky Go Installation Page’ will appear.
- Install Sky Go on Firestick in Australia.
- Aptoide will notify you of a successful installation process on the dashboard.
- Launch Sky Go to start streaming.
Method 4: How to Install Sky Go on Firestick Using Kodi
This is another method to install Sky Go on the Firestick, which also involves the Downloader app. Here’s how to go about it:
- Install Kodi on Firestick using the Downloader app.
- Launch the Kodi app and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Choose ‘File Manager’ and select the ‘Add Source’ option.
- After adding the source, choose ‘None’ on the address bar and paste xyz link.
- Enter Sky Go as the name for the media source and click ‘OK.’
- Choose ‘Add-ons’ and the ‘Install from zip file’ option.
- Choose Sky Go, the name you provided for the media source.
- You’ll see a file named ‘repository.slyguy.zip’ and click ‘OK’ to install it.
- Choose the ‘Install’ from the repository option.
- Select ‘Sly Guy Repository’ then the ‘Video add-ons’ option.
- Scroll down until you find Sky Go, then select it.
- Click the ‘Install’ option.
- After installation, launch the Sky Go app and log in to your account.
Method 5: How to Install Sky Go on Firestick Using Apps2Fire?
Installing Sky Go on the Firestick using Apps2Fire requires the correct IP address to run the app. Therefore, you’ll need to know the IP address of your Firestick device, and here’s how:
- Click the ‘Settings’ icon on the Firestick home screen menu.
- Scroll down to ‘My Fire TV’ and click on it.
- Click ‘About.’
- Scroll down to the ‘Network Option’ and click on it to see the IP address of your Firestick.
Now that you have the IP address of your Firestick device; proceed to install Sky Go on Firestick using Apps2Fire.
- Install Apps2Fire and Sky Go on your Android phone.
- Launch Apps2Fire and choose the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Setup’ option in Apps2Fire on your Android Phone.
- Type in the IP address of your Firestick device.
- Click ‘Save’ and tap on the ‘Menu’ button in Apps2Fire.
- Select ‘Upload apps’ and pick Sky Go to install it remotely on your Firestick.
- Launch Sky Go on your Firestick and start streaming your favorite content.
Method 6: How to Get Sky Go on Firestick with Screen Mirroring?
Sky Go Not Working on Firestick in Australia? Try these tips!
There are many reasons why Sky Go might stop working on your Firestick. So, here’s what you need to do if Sky Go stops working on your Firestick.
Solution 1: Check Updates for Sky Go
Sky Go might stop working on your Firestick if there’s a pending update. Here are the steps to update the app:
- Press and hold the home button on your Firestick remote for 10 seconds.
- A window will appear with several options, so click ‘Applications.’
- Go to the Sky Go icon, highlight it and press the ‘Menu’ button from your remote control.
- You’ll see the ‘Update’ option on the right-hand side of the screen.
- An ‘Update Button’ should be available if there’s a recent update.
- Click ‘Yes’ when asked for confirmation, and the app will update to the latest version.
Solution 2: Clear the App Cache
A cache build-up can stop the Sky Go from working on your Firestick device. Here’s how to clear the cache on a Firestick device:
- Close all running applications.
- Head to the ‘Home Screen’ and choose ‘Settings’ on the menu.
- Click ‘Applications’ on the right side of the Settings menu.
- Choose ‘Manage Installed Applications.’
- You’ll see all the apps installed on your device, so move to the app you want to clear the cache.
- Choose Sky Go and highlight ‘Clear Cache,’ but don’t clear the data. Press the ‘Center Button’ of the remote to clear the Sky Go cache.
How to Install Sky Go on Firestick in Australia – FAQs
Is Sky Go available on Amazon Firestick in Australia?
Yes, the Sky Go app is available on the Amazon Appstore, and you can install it directly on your Firestick in Australia with the help of a VPN. However, this method experiences a compatibility issue with Sky Go, so you need to use third-party installation methods.
Why won't Sky Go work on my Firestick in Australia?
Sky Go will not work on your device in Australia if there’s a recent update or when there’s a cache buildup on the app. Update the app and clear the cache for Sky Go to work on your Firestick.
How do I mirror Sky Go to my Firestick?
Go to Firestick settings. Select the Display and Sounds option. On the page, scroll down till you find “Enable Display Mirroring” and select it. Now, you’ll get a notification “Guests can pair to the TV.”
How to download Sky Go APK on Firestick in Australia?
You can download the Sky Go APK on Firestick using the Downloader or the ES File Explorer app.
There are various methods to install Sky Go on your Firestick device with Sky Go price plans, including direct download from Amazon Appstore or installing the APK via ES File Explorer and Downloader.
You can also use Apps2Fire, Kodi, and Aptoide apps to install Sky Go on Firestick in Australia.
Choose your favourite Sky Go on Firestick installation method to access your favourite content from one device and you don’t think to cancel Sky Go anytime.