Youtube TV is one the best streaming services with over 85 local and cable TV channels, including unlimited cloud DVR for on-demand playback, fast-forwarding, and recordings. Before you think about getting an account, here’s everything about the YouTube TV cost in Australia and what you get from the service.
YouTube TV has the edge over other streaming platforms because of its familiarity as it has the same interface as regular YouTube. However, YouTube TV has additional features and channels, making it an excellent investment for live TV viewing. You can watch popular YouTube TV shows and movies on YouTube TV with a YouTube TV subscription.
YouTube TV is cheaper than its main competitors in the United States, namely Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and the traditional services. It’s a great service for every binge-watcher. YouTube TV is a geo-blocked streaming service and is only available in the United States. However, you can still watch YouTube TV in Australia easily with a reliable VPN. If you are experiencing a YouTube TV proxy error, then you need to change your VPN or use our thorough guide to lend you a helping hand.
So, how much does YouTube TV cost in Australia? Let’s find out the YouTube TV price and the benefits of subscribing to the service.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in Australia?
The YouTube TV cost in Australia per month is AU$93.86 (US$64.99) for a single membership and it allows support for up to six accounts. However, as a new customer, you can get AU$14.44 (US$10) off the first three months and the YouTube TV pricing decreases to AU$79.42/mo (US$54.99/mo ). Once the 3 months are up, you’ll be charged the regular amount.
Paying the monthly YouTube TV cost in Australia gives you access to a range of premium networks, major broadcast networks, original YouTube content, and popular cable networks.
Other premium networks and sports channels are available on top of the monthly YouTube TV cost in Australia. For example, you can add premium channels like HBO Max and AMC+ and sports streaming channels like Fox Soccer Plus to your YouTube TV package.
You can get unlimited cloud DVR storage space and you can also upgrade to 4K Plus for an additional AU$28.87/mo (US$19.99/mo). 4K plus is an add-on for the better video quality on supported content, unlimited video streams, and the ability to watch recordings without an internet connection.
How Much Does YouTube Premium Cost in Australia?
YouTube TV cost per month in Australia is AU$17.31 (US$11.99), but you can try out the service by taking advantage of the one-month YouTube TV free trial in Australia. The service is charged monthly, so you should cancel YouTube TV before the renewal date if you don’t plan on using it.
YouTube Premium has the following additional plans:
- Annual Plan for AU$173.25 (US$119.99), allowing users to save AU$28.88 (US$20).
- The Family Plan costs AU$25.98/mo (US$17.99/mo) and supports up to five family members profiles of persons aged 13 and above.
- Student Plan costs AU$10.02/mo (US$6.99/mo) with a yearly verification requirement.
YouTube Premium differs from YouTube TV and provides an ad-free streaming experience on the platform. If you’re subscribed to both YouTube TV and YouTube Premium, you can stream YouTube videos on YouTube TV without ads. However, ads will be present on recorded and live TV shows.
What Channels Do I Get with YouTube TV?
You get access to 85+ channels including Fox, HGTV, CBS, TNT, NBC, along with regional or local programs when you pay the cost of YouTube TV. Currently, YouTube TV is offering its services in 98% of US households.
Which premium channels and add-ons does YouTube TV have?
Different YouTube TV packages with premium, local, and sports channels exist. You need to pay an add-on fee in addition to the cost of YouTube TV to access these channels:
- YouTube TV channels with base package AU$93.8/mo (US$64.99/month) and AU$79.42/mo (US$54.99/mo) for three months for new customers)
- 4K Plus (US$10 or AU$14.44/month)
- Sports Plus (US$11 or AU$15.87/month)
- Entertainment Plus (US$30 or AU$43.28/month)
- HBO Max (US$15 or AU$28.64/month)
- Showtime (US$11 or AU$15.87/month)
- Starz (US$9 or AU$12.98/month)
- Epix (US$6 or AU$8.66/month)
- Acorn TV: US$7 or AU$10.10/month
- ALLBLK: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- AMC Plus: US$7 AU$10.10/month
- Cinemax: US$10 or AU$14.44/month
- Comedy Dynamics: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- CONtv: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- CuriosityStream: US$3 or AU$4.33/month
- Docurama: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- Dove: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- Fandor: US$4 or AU$5.77/month
- Fox Nation: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- Hallmark Movies Now: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- IFC Films Unlimited: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- Law & Crime: US$2 or AU$2.89/month
- MLB.TV: US$25 or AU$36.11/month
- NBA League Pass: US$29 or AU$41.86/month or US$200 or AU$288.68/year
- Outside Features TV: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- Pantaya: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- Screenpix: US$3 or AU$4.33/month
- Screambox: US$5 or AU$7.22/month
- Shudder: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- Sundance Now: US$7 or AU$10.10/month
- UP Faith & Family: US$6 or AU$8.66/month
- VSIN: US$4 or AU$5.77/month
Which local channels does YouTube TV have?
YouTube TV has local channels, but availability depends on your location. For example, NYC YouTube TV subscribers access NBC 4, ABC 7, FOX 5, etc. Here’s a breakdown of local channels on YouTube TV:
Can you pay YouTube TV yearly in Australia?
Why is YouTube TV so expensive?
Is a YouTube TV subscription worth it?
With only a few downsides to the service, it’s safe to say the YouTube TV cost in Australia is worth it. There are several YouTube TV packages, but you get so much more, even with the base plan that’s available for AU$93.86 (US$64.99) or AU$79.42/mo (US$54.99/mo for three months for new customers).
Users access popular sports and entertainment channels, a customizable streaming experience, and great features like unlimited DVR. In addition, the service works just like YouTube TV, so there’s no learning curve.