Are you looking for a guide on HBO Max Chromecast in Australia? then read the full article. if you want to enjoy HBO Max on your smart TV? Then you will need to get familiar with Google Chromecast to enjoy the infamous Friends: The Reunion, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Godzilla vs Kong, Batwoman Season 3, and other amazing HBO Max content in 4K on the big screen.
This guide will lead you through the whole process of casting HBO Max from different devices with Chromecast.
How to Sign Up for HBO Max on Chromecast in Australia?
HBO Max is a new streaming service that combines the best of HBO with more original content, past seasons of your favourite series, and movies.
Here are the steps you can follow to signup HBO Max on Chromecast in Australia
- Click the sign-up button for HBO Max.
- Download & Install the HBO Max Android Phone/Tablet app or iPhone/iPad app
- Log in using your HBO Max ID, and Password.
- Check your device, and it should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android Phone/Tablet or iPhone/iPad.
- Select the Google Cast icon while watching the content in the HBO Max app.
- Select your Google Chromecast, and it will start displaying on your streaming device.
How Do I Cast HBO Max to my TV in Australia?
Casting HBO Max on TV in Australia is easy, and there are multiple steps via which you can cast the infamous streaming service on your TV which are as follows:
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Phone/Tablet from Australia
Casting HBO Max from your phone to TV is very straightforward. Chromecast is built-in on iOS (minimum 7.0 version), Android (minimum 2.3 version/Gingerbread), and Android TV.
- Launch the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Click on the Chromecast icon () within the HBO Max app.
- Now select the Chromecast device you want to cast it to and start streaming!
In case your TV does not support Chromecast directly, then you require a Chromecast device to connect with your TV to cast HBO Max.
Setup Chromecast on Smart TV with Android and iOS Mobile Devices
Here are the prerequisite of setting up a Chromecast device on TV with a mobile device:
- Smart TV with an HDMI input
- Google Chromecast device
- Android Phone/Tablet
Note: Make sure all the devices are connected to the same stable Wi-Fi network.
Follow the step to Chromecast HBO Max on TV with smartphones:
- Get a Chromecast device and connect it with the TV via HDMI cable.
- You will see a “Welcome Chromecast” sign with a number on your TV.
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device > login with your Google account > Create ‘home.’
- All the devices connected with your Wi-Fi will start showing on your Google Home app > Select the Chromecast number that appears on your TV screen.
That’s it. The Chromecast setup on the mobile device is completed.
Now, learn how to cast HBO Max on TV from your mobile device,
- Open the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Choose a movie or TV show to watch and tap the Google cast button ( ) on the top right corner.
- Select your TV from the connected devices list and start streaming HBO Max in Ultra HD.
Note: Make sure to connect mobile and TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Computer/Laptop in Australia
Here is the process of casting HBO Max on TV by using a computer or laptop in Australia.
- Set up and Connect Chromecast device to TV (Use the method mentioned above).
- Open HBO Max on Chrome browser and choose a title to watch.
- Start streaming, and you will see the Google Cast button () appear on the bottom right corner of the HBO Max video player.
- Click the Google Cast Button, select your TV from the list of connected devices on the same Wi-Fi, and start watching HBO Max content on TV.
How to Install HBO Max on Chromecast with Google TV
HBO Max is available on Google TV, and Getting the HBO Max app onto a Chromecast with Google TV is quite simple. If you already have an HBO Max subscription, simply enter your login details and begin watching. You may sign up for HBO Max through the Google Play store if you’re new to the service. It’s free to watch.
- Connect your Google TV device and your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Search option from the Home screen.
- Hit Install and wait for the HBO Max app to download.
- Install the HBO Max app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Launch the app and log in to your account.
Congratulations you can now watch any HBO Max on-demand video on a Google TV-connected TV screen.
Why Do You Require a VPN to Chromecast HBO Max in Australia?
HBO Max premiered on May 27, 2020. Because this service is region-locked, a VPN is required to Chromecast HBO Max in Australia. We put the best VPNs such as ExpressVPN to the test to see which ones will unblock HBO Max from Australia. Moreover, You’ll need a premium VPN service to get HBO or HBO Max in Australia. A virtual private network (VPN) hides your location and redirects your internet traffic through a remote server. This will grant you access to HBO Max in Australia for free.
What Can I Watch on HBO Max For Chromecast?
HBO is streaming Zack Snyder’s version of Justice League on the HBO Max app. The film will be released on March 18th, 2021. You can also cast the Snyder Cut to a wide TV screen with Chromecast and receive the same theatrical experience in the future.
HBO Max Chromecast Features
HBO Max Chromecast has many features including offline downloads on mobile devices, simultaneous streams, user profiles, child profiles, and the option to follow other users’ content preferences will all be supported by the HBO Max App with Chromecast.
HBO Max Chromecast Not Connecting Probable Issues
HBO Max and Chromecast devices are bound to run into multiple issues related to connections. Moreover, when you will follow these steps mention below you will not have HBO Max Chromecast connecting issue in the future. These issues are as follows:
- HBO Max servers are down
- Mobile devices and Chromecast devices are not on the same internet connection
- Rename your Chromecast device for easy detection
- HBO Max account needs to be updated
- Compromised internet connection
- Cache and Data need clearance
- Your Chromecast device requires an update
Alternative to HBO Max Chromecast on TV
Chromecast is one of the easiest and standard methods to stream HBO max on TV, but it is not the only option of watching your HBO titles on TV in Ultra HD.
Here are few alternatives of watching HBO Max on TV without Chromecast:
AirPlay – Stream HBO Max from iPhone/ iPad to Apple TV
HDMI Cable – Physically connect your laptop or computer with TV
TV Supported Devices: Watch directly on TV with the HBO Max app on the following TV supported devices such as:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV (2016 or later models)
Is HBO Max on Chromecast in Australia?
Can you Chromecast HBO Max on TV from Australia?
Does HBO work with Chromecast in Australia?
Why is Chromecast not working in Australia?
If you came this far, then I hope you get the idea of how to set up HBO Max Chromecast to watch on your TV in Australia. So, take out some snacks, dim the lights and start watching HBO Max content on the big screen.