Netflix is the uncrowned king of streaming services globally and one of the best streaming services in Australia. So, if you want to know everything about what’s new on Netflix Australia, its pricing and content catalog, then just read this article till the end.
Netflix first started as a DVD sales and rental business in the US, turned into a streaming video on demand service, and expand internationally. Netflix started producing its original series and TV shows in 2013. Since then, it is creating some critically and commercially acclaimed titles such as Stranger Things, Money Heist, The Queen’s Gambit.
With the expansion of its content library, Netflix also expanded to other countries and launched in Australia in 2015. Netflix distributes the content regionally. Similarly, titles in Australia are different content from the rest of the content libraries, such as you would not find Australian Netflix titles on American Netflix.
Netflix Australia Pricing
Similar to the rest of the world, Netflix offers three monthly subscription plans in Australia as well. You just have to choose any of the one plan to access entire content library.
Here is Netflix Australia pricing plans and bundles offers:
Basic – AU$10.9 | Numbers of Screens: 1
Standard – AU$15.99 | Numbers of Screens: 2
Premium – AU$19.99 | Numbers of Screens: 4
Does Netflix Offer 30-Day Free Trial?
No, Netflix has ended its 30-day free trial. Previously, it offered a free trial to the new subscriber, but from October 2020, Netflix removed its free trial offers and considered adopting different marketing promotions.
You can still sign up for Netflix, change your plan, and cancel anytime without paying any additional fees.
Netflix Australia Library depth
Netflix Australia has more than 5300+ movies and TV shows titles with one of the highest average IMDB ratings of (7.02) and 62.2 Meta Critic Score.
How to Configure Netflix on Popular Devices
Netflix is compatible and offers a dedicated app for every popular streaming devices, including
Streaming Media Players
- Facebook Portal
- Apple TV
Smart TV (Build-in Netflix)
- PlayStation (3, 4 & 5)
- Xbox 360, One & Series X|S
Home Theatre System
Smartphone & Tablets
- Windows Phone
PC & Laptops
Is Netflix Australia Available to Stream Abroad?
No, Netflix Australia is not available to stream abroad. Netflix restricts its content regionally due to licensing issues. However, some titles are available globally that you can stream in any region, but you cannot stream restricted titles on Australian Netflix abroad.
However, a virtual private network can allow you to bypass the geo-restrictions and watch Australian Netflix anywhere in the world.
So, if you are traveling outside Australia and want to stream your favorite Australian Netflix shows, here is what you need to do:
- Get ExpressVPN to subscribe and install its app on your device.
- Open the VPN app and connect Australian servers from the list.
- Go to Netflix, search for the title and start watching Netflix Australia abroad.
What’s New on Netflix Australia? (Upcoming Releases)
Here are some of the top titles that you must watch on Netflix Australia in July 2021:
- Generation 56k
- Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway
- Young Royals
- Dynasty Warriors
- Kung Fu Panda 3
- Mission: Impossible
- Mission: Impossible II
- Mission: Impossible III
- Yolngu Boy
- Mortel: Season 2
- Big Timber
- Haseen Dillruba
- The Fear Street Trilogy: Fear Street Part 1: 1994
- The 8th Night
- We The People
- In My Blood It Runs
- You Are My Spring
- I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson: Season 2
- The War Next-door
- The Mire: ’97
- Cat People
- Dogs: Season 2
- Major Grom: Plague Doctor
- This Little Love Of Mine
- Elize Matsunaga: Once Upon a Crime
- RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness
- Atypical: Season 4
- The Cook of Castamar
- Biohackers: Season 2
- Last Summer
- The Fear Street Trilogy: Fear Street Part 2: 1978
- How I Became a Superhero
- The Water Man
- Lee Su-geun: The Sense Coach
- Ridley Jones
- Animal Kingdom: Season 5
- My Unorthodox Life
- Private Network: Who Killed Manuel Buendía?
- A Classic Horror Story
- The Guide to the Perfect Family
- Never Have I Ever: Season 2
- A Perfect Fit
- Emicida: AmarElo – Live in São Paulo
- My Amanda
- BEASTARS: Season 2
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Van Helsing: Season 5
- The Fear Street Trilogy: Fear Street Part 3: 1666
- Explained: Season 3
- Johnny Test
- July 21
- Sexy Beasts
- Chernobyl 1986
- Too Hot to Handle: Brazil
- Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans
- Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop
- Kingdom: Ashin of the North
- Blood Red Sky
- The Last Letter From Your Lover
- Masters of the Universe: Revelation
- Sky Rojo: Season 2
- The Movies That Made Us: Season 2
- A Second Chance: Rivals!
- Mighty Express: Season 4
- The Snitch Cartel: Origins
- Tattoo Redo
- Too Hot to Handle: Brazil
- Resort to Love
- Transformers: War for Cybertron: Kingdom
- Glow Up: Season 3
- Outer Banks: Season 2
- The Last Mercenary
- Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean
Cheapest Way to Stream Netflix in Australia
Usually, the cheapest way to stream Netflix was to get someone’s Netflix account and watch it free. However, this option would eliminate soon because of the Netflix password sharing crackdown. Currently, the crackdown is under the testing phase but soon, Netflix will introduce two-phase verification that would send a confirmation code to the real account holder.
Since this account sharing (the cheapest way of streaming Netflix) may no longer be viable, the cheapest way available to stream Australian Netflix is by getting the basic plan for AU$10.9 per month.
How Much Data Netflix Uses
According to Netflix, it consumes 1 GB of data per hour for streaming TV shows and movies on standard definition and 3 GB per hour for HD streaming.
Manage Netflix Cellular Data Usage:
Netflix Offers 4 Cellular Data Usage Setting:
- Automatic: Netflix balances the data to optimally allow you to stream up to 4 hours on one GB of data.
- Wi-Fi-Only: Stream only on Wi-Fi.
- Save Data: Stream up to 6 hours of content on a single GB.
- Maximum Data: Viable for users with unlimited data plan to get top video quality. This setting can consume 1 GB of data in 20 minutes of streaming.
Manage Netflix Web Browser Data Usage:
- Open Netflix on web browser > click the profile icon > account
- Select a profile > click on Playback Setting
- Here you will find 4 data usage settings.
- Select the data usage that fits best for you.
- Save changes.
Top Netflix Alternative in Australia
- Amazon Prime Video
- SBS On Demand
- Apple TV+
- Foxtel Now