I was so excited when I found out cult shows like Sopranos and The Wire are available on Amazon Prime and equally bumped when I found out it is not available in my region.
Being a streamer, It was not a problem for me. I only need to bypass the geo-restriction by using an Amazon Prime VPN from Australia. But it turns out Amazon Prime is pretty good at detecting and blocking VPNs. So your chances of watching the best movies on Amazon Prime are low.
Therefore, I decided to try some VPN providers to find out the best Amazon Prime VPN, and after trying a bunch of VPN providers, I figured out the 5 best VPNs for Amazon Prime in Australia.
The Best Amazon Prime VPNs for Australia in 2021
Here is the overview of the 5 Amazon Prime VPNs that will enable you to bypass region restrictions in Australia:
- ExpressVPN (Recommended) – Best Amazon Prime VPN for 4K Streaming
- Surfshark – Best Pocket-Friendly VPN for Amazon Prime
- NordVPN – Super-fast VPN to Unblock Amazon Prime Video from Australia
- PureVPN – Reliable VPN that Works with Amazon Prime
- CyberGhost – Secure and Fast VPN to Stream Amazon Prime in Australia
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Amazon Prime in Ultra HD and 4K. It is a complete package offering top-notch security, fast connection, and a user-friendly app. Its 3000+ servers in 90+ countries, including 30+ fast US servers, allow you to stream the US Prime Video library in Australia without interruption or lagging. Hence, it is also considered as the best VPN for HBO Max. It is compatible with all major streaming devices, including Linux, Android, PC, Mac, and iOS.
The 24/7 live chat provides top-notch customer support that responds quickly and resolves any issue within minutes.
If you are still unsure about ExpressVPN, try it for free with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pros of ExpressVPN:
- 5 simultaneous device connection
- Allows watching BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Disney+, Paramount Plus, My5, and Hulu
- Top-notch customer support
- Supports 4K streaming
- No identifying personal logs
- No lag or buffering while streaming
- Kill switch
Cons of ExpressVPN:
- Cost a bit more than other premium VPN providers
Pricing Plan of ExpressVPN:
Surfshark is the most economical VPN to watch Amazon Prime from anywhere in Australia. This low-cost VPN provides unlimited bandwidth to watch any streaming service like Amazon Prime in HD. It offers 3200+ servers in 65 countries that allow you to access the Amazon Prime Video libraries of the UK, US, and Canada.
Besides Amazon Prime, it is a significant VPN for TV streaming services and OTT platforms like CTV, ABC Network, TBS, THE CW, All 4, US Netflix, and more. Surfshark is the only VPN that allows unlimited device connection on a single account with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pros of Surfshark:
- Compatible with all major streaming devices
- 24/7 live chat support
- 20+ server locations in the US
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for HD streaming
- Works with other streaming platforms
- No log policy
Cons of Surfshark:
- Limited P2P servers and slow speed (sometimes)
Pricing Plans of Surfshark:
NordVPN is one of the most preferred VPNs for streaming. Its ultra-fast 5700+ servers in 60 countries allow bypassing geo-blocked content of Prime Video. The unlimited bandwidth provides a seamless streaming experience on every major streaming service in Australia, including Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Max. In addition, it also helps you to bypass YouTube TV VPN detected error and Netflix VPN proxy ban. If you are wondering that does NordVPN work with Netflix in Australia then the answer is a big yes!
Moreover, its advanced encryption power and security features like a strict no-log policy and a kill switch provide a great surety of data privacy. It has a dedicated app for every operating system type and allows six simultaneous device connections on a single plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pros of NordVPN:
- Blazing-fast servers for Amazon Prime streaming
- No data logging and kill switch features
- 6 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 chat support
- Compatible with every major streaming devices
- Works with Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer and Disney+
Cons of NordVPN:
Occasionally takes time to connect
Pricing Plans of NordVPN:
- AUD4.4/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) – 2-year plan [68% off]
- AUD6.57/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) – 1-year plan
- AUD15.95/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) – 1-month plan
PureVPN is a reliable choice to watch Amazon Prime Video in Australia. It offers 6500+ servers in 140+ countries that allow access to any streaming services with the best security features.
Its 450+ fast US server allows easy access to the US content library of Amazon Prime Video from Australia. It is compatible with all the major platforms, including Mac, iOS, Windows, Android, and Linux. The plan comes with a 10 simultaneous device connection with a 31-day money-back guarantee.
Pros of PureVPN:
- No data logging
- Super-fast speed for HD streaming
- Kill switch
- Perfect VPN for those users who are looking for both streaming and best security features
- Unblocks all the major online channels that are geo-restricted
- 10-multi logins
Cons of PureVPN:
- Weak tech & customer support
- Connection problems with some servers
Pricing Plans of PureVPN:
CyberGhost is one of the best VPN for juvenile streamers. It has one of the easiest setups and comes with a highly intuitive and user-friendly interface. It offers 6600+ servers in 90+ countries, including the UK and US, which allow access to Amazon Prime Video’s richest content library in Australia.
It has apps for every major operating system, including Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. Also, the strong encryption and zero log policy provide top privacy. Its plan comes with 7 simultaneous connections and 45 days money-back guarantee.
Pros of CyberGhost:
- IOS and Android apps offer a 7-day free trial and a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Best choice for VPN beginners
- Strict no-log policy and the strongest encryption protocol
- Live chat support is available
Cons of CyberGhost:
- Slow connection speed on certain servers
Pricing Plans of CyberGhost:
- AUD2.67/mo – 3-year plan [79% off]
- AUD4.26/mo – 2-year plan
- AUD3.67/mo – 1-year plan
- AUD17.33/mo – 1-month plan
How to Unblock Amazon Prime with a VPN in Australia
For all the Amazon Prime fans, watching their favourite shows from Australia might be troublesome, and you will see the following error message:
To watch it in Australia, your goal must be to spoof your location and trick Amazon that you are in the US, and believe me, this actually works well via a VPN!
For your convenience, we have listed our top 5 VPNs that work best to unblock Amazon Prime VPN above, all you have to follow these simple steps:
- Subscribe and download for a VPN (we strongly recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN app and sign-in with your credentials
- Connect to US server from the list
- Head to amazon.com and subscribe
- Provide your payment details
- Once the account is created, you can enjoy any content from the US Amazon library
How to Watch Amazon Video Region-Restricted Shows in Australia
- Download and subscribe for a VPN (we recommends ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN app and sign-in with your credentials
- Now connect to the fastest American server from the list
- Head to Amazon Prime Video official site and enjoy streaming!
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video UK in Australia
UK Amazon Prime Video also has a massive list of unique content, which is only available for British residents.
However, with the help of one of our recommended VPN mentioned above, you can watch Amazon Prime Video UK from anywhere in Australia:
- Sign-up and download a VPN that offers British servers (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Open the VPN app and sign-in with your credentials
- Connect to UK server from the list
- Head to Amazon Prime Video and enjoy!
5 VPN Providers that don’t work with Amazon Prime in Australia
If you find your Amazon not working with VPN in Australia, then they must not be good enough. Below is the list of VPNs that are unable to work well for Amazon Prime streaming. Reasons might be different, but all of them are either tested or admitted by the service provider.
- Hotspot Shield
Also Read: Best Free VPN for Netflix in Australia
What to Watch on Amazon Prime in Australia?
- Good Omens
- Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Flights Of The Conchords
- Downtown Abbey
- The Wire
- The Americans
- The Sopranos
Sci-Fi, action, and thrillers
- Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams
- DOCTOR WHO
- THE EXPANSE
- THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
Kids and family
- Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood
- Shaun The Sheep
- Tumble Leaf
- Sesame Street
Reality TV and documentaries
- The Grand Tour
- Ocean Mysteries With Jeff Corwin
- Eat The World With Emeril Lagasse
Amazon Instant Video VS Amazon Prime Video – What’s the difference?
Amazon offers both services – Instant video and Prime Video – but they are very different in the content offering.
Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based video on demand platform offered to its prime users who frequently shop on Amazon and have Kindle products.
Amazon Instant Video is a pay-per-view service that can be used by any user who wishes to buy or rent movies. However, a Prime subscriber can get an additional discount and offer on movies.
Does Amazon Prime block VPN?
Yes, Amazon Prime sometimes blocks some servers of a VPN provider. When multiple users connect to a single server, Amazon receives the same IP address for various devices that make Amazon believe that the IP address belongs to a VPN service and blocks the IP address/server of a VPN.
That is why we prefer to choose a VPN provider that offers maximum servers in different locations.
Does Amazon Prime need VPN?
Amazon Prime content library is different in different countries. Many titles on Prime Video are restricted to a specific location i.e., UK, US, and Canada. In order to watch content restricted in your current location, you will need a VPN to watch Amazon Prime.
Can I use a VPN with Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can use a VPN with Amazon Prime. However, Amazon detection technology makes it much harder for many VPNs to bypass the firewall. Therefore, use the recommended VPN from the list to watch the geo-restricted content on Prime Video.
Which VPN is best for Amazon Prime?
ExpressVPN is the best Amazon Prime VPN.
Can I Watch Amazon Prime in Spain?
Yes, you can watch Amazon Prime in Spain with the help of a VPN by changing your local IP address with Spanish IP. It is just as if you are streaming ATRESplayer or Mitelete online in Spain.
Can I watch Amazon Prime USA in the UK?
No matter where you live, you can watch all of the US Amazon Prime content. Just get a premium VPN provider and connect to its US server to unblock Prime Video US content library in the UK.
Can I stream Amazon Prime Video from abroad legally?
Yes, you can stream Amazon Prime abroad legally where it is not available by using a VPN. Although Amazon does not encourage using a VPN to watch Prime Video but it does not take any action on the user for using a VPN.
Can I use free VPNs to work with Amazon Prime Video?
We have tried a few free VPNs with Amazon Prime, and none of them works with Amazon Prime Video. Free VPN has minimum resources that are not enough to bypass the firewall of Amazon Prime Video.
Although, you can take advantage of a 30-day money-back guarantee and use ExpressVPN free for a month.
Amazon Prime can be accessed anywhere in the world, and all you need to use our recommended VPN. It might be challenging to bypass the geo-blocks, but our top VPN picks work perfectly with Prime Videos. Just follow the steps mentioned above and enjoy the most prominent Amazon Prime library in Australia with Amazon Prime VPN.