It’s Saturday night; you grab your favourite snack and land on your favourite sofa to binge your favourite TV show or movie on Netflix in Australia while connected to IPVanish at the same time. But at the moment when you press the “Play” button, the screen gets black, and you see the following Netflix proxy error:
Whoops, something went wrong….. Streaming Error “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy.”
After seeing this error now, the wrong thought starts haunting you, is IPVanish not working anymore with Netflix in Australia? Right? But you don’t have to worry much because there are ways to watch Netflix while using IPVanish Netflix. So without any further delay, let’s get started:
IPVanish Not Working with Netflix in Australia? Possible Solutions
The Primary indicators to check for is whether you’re connected to a stable internet connection or not.
If IPVanish fails to unblock Netflix for you, first, clear your device cache (Android & iOS) or clear your browser history. After that, check if Netflix starts working with IPVanish or not.
If Netflix is still not working, then this might be the case that the server you are connecting to is not working with Netflix since not all IPVanish servers work every time in Australia.
This happens because Netflix has to follow content distribution policies. Netflix is constantly hitting hard on VPN providers by blocking their servers with the help of an IP tracking system.
For this, at the time of writing this blog, I asked from IPVanish live chat support team about which of their servers are working to unblock US Netflix, and here is the screenshot of what they recommend to me:
So as per their recommendation, I tried Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Ashburn, and New York to access US Netflix. And only Dallas and New York servers were working for me initially but not working after a few hours.
This is why IPVanish is not my top priority, as it does not work with Netflix consistently. So if you are looking for the best VPN for Netflix in Australia, then it must meet the following criteria:
7 Features That You Must Consider While Choosing Best VPN for Netflix in Australia
Not all VPN providers have the ability to work with Netflix. This is why I listed down some features that you must look for while choosing a VPN service to watch your favourite version of Netflix from anywhere in Australia:
- A VPN that offers dedicated servers to unblock video streaming services like US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Disney+ from Australia
- VPN service that supports all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Firestick, FireTV, Apple TV, and even routers
- A VPN that offers an unlimited data cap so you can binge your favourite streaming service as much as you want
- It must offer at least five simultaneous connections on a single account subscription
- Offers at least AES-256 military-grade encryption protocols so all your online activities must be secure while you are watching Netflix
- A VPN that offers 24/7 live chat support
- It offers at least 1000+ servers at a blazing fast speed so you can watch Netflix without any buffering issues
Wondering where to find a VPN that has all the mentioned above features? Don’t worry, I got you covered. I tested several VPN services to find out the best VPN that consistently works with Netflix in Australia, which are listed below:
Best VPN to Watch Netflix If IPVanish Fails to Work
Here we have enlisted the most credible services; ExpressVPN is best for unblocking Netflix in Australia as per our numerous testings.!
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Netflix. It offers 3000+ servers in 90+ countries to unblock almost every popular streaming service, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. ExpressVPN is also thebest VPN for streaming Hulu.
Get ExpressVPN Now...!12+3 Months Free Offer
- Surfshark is a low-cost VPN to unblock Netflix. Offers 1000+ dedicated servers for streaming in 60+ countries to get American Netflix inside Australia, Disney+, and other popular streaming services too.
- NordVPN is a reliable VPN to access any version of Netflix. It offers 5400+ servers in 59 countries to watch 14 regions of Netflix from Australia and bypass the proxy ban of YouTube TV, Disney+, and Hulu at the most affordable prices.
Another provider for our use is unblocking Netflix with NordVPN is also relatively easy and always works seamlessly!
Also Read: Does Avast VPN Work with Hulu
Does IPVanish work with Netflix in Australia?
Can I use a VPN with Netflix in Australia?
Can you get IPVanish for free in Australia?
Which free VPN works with Netflix in Australia?
In the past, IPVansih was a superb VPN that consistently works with Netflix in Australia. However, according to my testing in 2022, IPVanish is not enough good to unblock Netflix like Avast VPN, TunnelBear, and Windscribe since sometimes its works and, most of the time, it’s not.
But if IPVanish does not work for you after following the mentioned above steps, then you must go for VPNs like EpressVPN, NordVPN, or Surfshark since they are the ones who are consistently working with Netflix in Australia. Happy Binging!