Wondering how to watch YouTube TV Outside the USA? Below I will provide you easy steps to unblock YouTube TV abroad with the help of a VPN. And I will also share the list of best working VPNs for YouTube TV in 2021.
Youtube TV is an American live TV streaming service that provides live shows, on-demand content, and cloud DVR storage from more than 70+ channels. However, this popular US TV streaming service is paid and only available in the USA because of geo-blocking policies and copyright agreements.
Therefore, when you try to access YouTube TV outside the USA, the following geo-blocking errors appear on your screen:
However, with the right VPN service, now you can access YouTube TV outside the US from anywhere. Here is how you can do it:
Note: If you do not have a YouTube account, you need to create one before watching any content. Keep in mind that this will require a payment method linked to the US address or redeem a gift card from Play Store and stream it all.
Now that you know how to unblock YouTube TV Outside US everyone can access the service from abroad no matter where you are.
Best VPNs for Watching YouTube TV Outside US
ScreenBinge tested 37 VPNs to find out the best provider that works with YouTube TV consistently without any buffering lag and annoying pauses. And found out these three providers as the best VPNs for watching YouTube TV outside the USA in 2021.
1. ExpressVPN is the Fastest VPN to stream YouTube TV outside the US
- It offers 3000+ fastest servers in 90+, including 300+ US servers making it the best YouTube TV VPN.
- ExpressVPN successfully unblocks Youtube TV and all the major streaming services from anywhere including Rai TV, CBC, BBC iPlayer, Channel 9, CBS All Access, Xumo, Netflix, ORF, and more.
- offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers Military-Grade 256-Bit AES encryption.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Compatible with all major devices and platforms including VPN routers.
2. Surfshark is the Best VPN to watch YouTube TV outside the USA
- Offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries including 100+ server locations in the US (best servers to watch YouTube TV outside US are Las Vegas, Denver, and Detroit).
- Unblocks all the major online channels that are geo-restricted.
- Offers App for all major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even routers.
- 24/7 excellent live chat customer support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. PureVPN is a low-cost VPN to unblock YouTube TV from abroad.
- PureVPN offers more than 6500+ servers in 140+ countries and 450+ servers in the US (available in California, New Jersey, California, and more).
- It offers dedicated servers for streaming, which means you can also access other geo-restricted channels from anywhere, including Starz Play, CWTV, My5, Netflix, Hulu, Crackle etc.
- It is a perfect VPN for those users who are looking for both streaming and best security features.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Offers a 31-day money-back guarantee.
- App Available for all major platforms.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Abroad?
Your internet connection has your local IP address. So, when you try to unblock YouTube Live/TV outside USA, the service immediately tracks your local IP and won’t allow you to access the service.
This is where the right VPN will help you to bypass YouTube TV locations so you can watch it anywhere in the world. With VPN you can change your local IP with a US IP address by following the mentioned above steps.
This is how to trick YouTube TV locations that you are residing in the USA and allows you to access the content from anywhere no matter where you live.
What if YouTube TV Detects VPN Proxy?
The YouTube TV VPN proxy server detected issue mainly occurs while streamers try to opt for sub-standard virtual network services or free options.
As these low cost / free services lack the technical infrastructure to unlock YouTube TV or alike services one often expects to receive YouTube TV not working with VPN errors.
Another issue that is faced by many of the mainstream providers is the YouTube TV Block VPN problem, as YouTube continues to blacklist the IPs it’s a cat and mouse game. But all this can be easily resolved by switching your server location to a different US state or City.
Can I Watch YouTube TV Outside of the USA with a Free VPN?
There are dozens of FreeVPN services that claim to unblock popular geo-blocked streaming services like YouTube TV. However, according to ScreenBinge testing, none of them unblocks YouTube TV outside of the USA. And there are tons of reasons why these free VPN services can’t unblock YouTube TV and other geo-streaming services:
First, these free VPN services offer a very limited amount of servers, and unlike premium VPN services they don’t replace their servers once they get blacklisted or blocked by YouTube.
Second, if surprisingly any of these free VPN providers server works with YouTube TV to watch outside of the USA, then there is a high chance that you going to face buffering and poor video quality issues as they are a large number of streamers using a limited amount of servers.
Third, it requires a hefty amount of money to run a VPN service. And most of these free VPN services cover this running cost and even earn handsome profit by selling users data logs to surveillance agencies, third parties, and social platforms.
This is why I always recommend using a reputable VPN service to watch YouTube TV outside of the USA to my audience.
On Which Devices is YouTube TV available?
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Apple TV)
How to Unblock YouTube TV on Android Outside US
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on Android:
- Open Play Store app on your Android device.
- Now search for “YouTube TV” and tap to download it.
- Once the YouTube TV app installed > Open the YouTube TV App outside us.
- Now tap on “Try it Free” option if you don’t have an account.
- If you already have an account > tap on “Sign-in” option instead.
- After signing in with your Google Account > Verify your location.
- Review the TV Networks in your area.
- Add any premium channels (optional) > then tap “Next”
- Once the process is complete > Open YouTube TV and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on FireStick
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on FireStick:
- Head to my Fire TV from the settings menu.
- Select “Developer Options” –> Allow Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now go back to FireStick Home and click on the “Search” button.
- Look for “Silk Browser” and install it.
- Now open Silk Browser and search for youtube.com/tv/.
- Now simply sign-in into your account and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
Streaming YouTube TV on Apple is super easy. To do so:
- Open App Store on your Apple TV device.
- In App Store search for “YouTube TV” and download it.
- Once the YouTube App installed > Open the app and enjoy!
Note: If you are not residing in US, you will need a VPN to access the content since it is only available in America
YouTube TV Channel List
YouTube TV offers various top trending titles to watch in collaboration with excellent online channel services like ABC Network, NBC, Fox, and CBS. Here is the complete list of channels (click on seel all channels) that you can watch on YouTube TV:
- ESPN 2
- Fox Business, Sports 1, Sports 2, News
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD and much more
Here are all the popular programs and shows by genre that you can find on YouTube Tv Directory.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
Here is you can cancel YouTube TV subscription:
- Go to YouTube website and log-in to your account.
- Go to Settings.
- Now click on the “Deactivate Membership” option from the “Membership” tap.
- Click the “Cancel Membership” option, and that’s it.
YouTube TV Alternatives
While YouTube TV is an incredible addition for cord-cutters, there are other alternatives as well, such as:
What is YouTube TV?
The standard subscription will cost you around $49.99/month, but if you subscribe to the service via Apple, it will cost you around $54.99/month. Here are some worth-mentioning features offers by YouTube TV:
- Watch on multiple screens
- Unlimited digital video recording
- Live stream US cable TV anywhere
- Availability of service up to six accounts
Where is YouTube TV Available?
Can i Bypass YouTube TV Country Block?
How to Get YouTube TV to not Detect VPN?
How do I know YouTube TV VPN Worked?
How to Watch YouTube Videos Blocked in your Country?
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all the binge lovers who want to watch their favorite shows in one place. But, now you know that the service is not for all countries. However, as I mentioned a VPN can help you to bypass YouTube TV location to watch from anywhere around the world. Happy Binging!