YouTube TV isn’t available for overseas viewers around the world, but you can still access and watch YouTube TV outside US with the help of a VPN.
Either you are planning to go for your vacations or living overseas, a streaming VPN lets you access to your favorite platform from around the world.
In this blog, I am going to guide you on how to watch YouTube TV from anywhere around the world. Also, I will tell you the best VPNs to stream this popular online service and other popular platforms like American Netflix, and Disney Plus.
Youtube TV is an American live TV streaming service that provides live shows, on-demand content and cloud DVR storage from more than 70+ channels. However, this popular US tv streaming service is paid and only available within the American territory.
Therefore, when you try to access restricted content on YouTube TV aborad, the following error will appear on your screen:
“Live local networks and video on demand aren’t available in this country.”
However, you can still watch YouTube TV overseas with VPN by following the mentioned below steps.
How to Watch YouTube TV Outside US with a VPN
Follow these quick and easy steps to unblock & watch Youtube TV outside US:
- Download and Sign-up for a VPN (we recommend PureVPN).
- Open VPN app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to US server (available in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and more).
- Visit YouTube TV > click on “Try it Free” option and sign-up with all the required information as mentioned below.
- Once the sign-up process is finished > click on the “Let’s Go” option.
- Now you need to provide a Zip Code of any place located in the US. from here you can find out American zip code for YouTube TV.
- After submitting the Zip Code, a new screen will appear on the screen that shows what channels you will get in the standard subscription at $49.99/month > Click on the “Next” option.
- Now you will have an option to select (or not) any of the additional channels and click “Next” again+.
- Now Enter your payment information if it is not already there.
- Once the process is complete > Head to YTTV > Sign-in with your credentials and enjoy!.
Note: If you do not have a YouTube account, you need to create before watching any content. Keep in mind that this will require a payment method linked to US address or redeem a gift card from Play Store and stream it all.
Why You Need a VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Abroad?
Your internet connection has your local IP address. So, when you try to unblock YouTube Live/TV outside USA, the service immediately track your local IP and won’t allow you to access the service.
This is where a right VPN will help you to bypass YTTV location to watch it anywhere in the world. With VPN you can change your local IP with US IP address by following mentioned above steps.
This will trick the YouTube TV service that you are residing in USA and allows you to access the content from anywhere no matter where you live.
Best VPNs for Watching YouTube TV Outside US
Here are the 3 best VPN for YouTube TV that we tried and tested to watch YTTV from anywhere in the world:
1. PureVPN #1 Best YouTube Tv VPN to access it from Abroad:
- PureVPN offers more than 2000+ servers in 140+ countries and 450+ servers in the US (available in California, New Jersey, California and more).
- It offers dedicated servers for streaming, which means you can also access other geo-restricted channels from anywhere, including Starz Play, CWTV, My5, Netflix, Hulu, Crackle etc.
- It is a perfect VPN for those users who are looking for both streaming and best security features.
- Offers Military-Grade 256-Bit AES encryption.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Offers 31-day money-back guarantee.
- App Available for all major platforms.
2. Surfshark Best low-cost VPN for YouTube Tv:
- Offers 800+ servers in 50+ countries including 20+ server locations in the US (best servers to watch YouTube TV outside US are Las Vegas, Denver, and Detroit).
- Surfshark successfully unblocks Youtube TV and all the major streaming services from anywhere including Rai Tv, CBC, TBS USA, Channel 9, CBS All Access, Xumo, Netflix Libraries and more.
- Offers App for all major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even routers.
- 24/7 excellent live chat customer support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. ExpressVPN Fastest VPN to stream YouTube Tv outside US:
- It offers 3000+ servers in 90+, including 30+ US servers making it the best YouTube TV VPN.
- offers 30-days money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Compatible with all major devices.
- Unblocks all the major online channels that are geo-restricted.
What if YouTube TV Detects VPN Proxy?
The YouTube TV VPN proxy detected issues mainly occurs while streamers try to opt for sub-standard virtual network services or free options.
As these low cost / free services lack the technical infrastructure to unlock YouTube TV or alike services one often expects to receive YouTube TV not working with VPN errors.
Another issue that is faced by many of the mainstream providers is the YouTube TV Block VPN problem, as YouTube continues to blacklist the IPs it’s a cat and mouse game. But all this can be easily resolved by switching your server location to a different US state or City.
On Which Devices is YouTube TV available?
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Apple TV)
How to watch YouTube TV on Android
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on Android:
- Open Play Store app on your Android device
- Now search for “YouTube TV” and tap to download it
- Once the YouTube TV app installed > Open the YouTube TV app
- Now tap on “Try it Free” option if you don’t have an account
- If you already have an account > tap on “Sign-in” option instead
- After signing in with your Google Account > Verify your location
- Review the TV Networks in your area
- Add any premium channels (optional) > then tap “Next”
- Once the process is complete > Open YouTube TV and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on FireStick
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on FireStick:
- Head to my Fire TV from the settings menu
- Select “Developer Options” –> Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now go back to FireStick Home and click on the “Search” button
- Look for “Silk Browser” and install it
- Now open Silk Browser and search for youtube.com/tv/
- Now simply sign-in into your account and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
Streaming YouTube TV on Apple is super easy. To do so:
- Open App Store on your Apple TV device
- In App Store search for “YouTube TV” and download it
- Once the YouTube App installed > Open the app and enjoy!
Note: If you are not residing in US, you will need a VPN to access the content since it is only available in America
YouTube TV Channel List
YouTube TV offers various top trending titles to watch in collaboration with excellent online channel services like ABC Network, NBC, Fox, and CBS. Here is the complete list of channels (click on seel all channels) that you can watch on YouTube TV:
- ESPN 2
- Fox Business, Sports 1, Sports 2, News
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD and much more
Here are all the popular programs and shows by genre that you can find on YouTube Tv Directory.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
Here is you can cancel YouTube TV subscription:
- Go to YouTube website and log-in to your account
- Go to Settings
- Now click on the “Deactivate Membership” option from the “Membership” tap
- Click the “Cancel Membership” option, and that’s it.
YouTube TV Alternatives
While YouTube TV is an incredible addition for cord-cutters, there are other alternatives as well, such as:
What is YouTube TV?
The standard subscription will cost you around $49.99/month, but if you subscribe to the service via Apple, it will cost you around $54.99/month. Here are some worth-mentioning features offers by YouTube TV:
- Watch on multiple screens
- Unlimited digital video recording
- Live stream US cable TV anywhere
- Availability of service up to six accounts
Where is YouTube TV Available?
Can i Bypass YouTube TV Country Block?
How to Get YouTube TV to not Detect VPN?
How do I know YouTube TV VPN Worked?
How to Watch YouTube Videos Blocked in your Country?
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all the binge lovers who want to watch their favorite shows in one place. But, now you know that the service is not for all countries, however as I mentioned a VPN can help you to change your geo-location virtually enabling you to access Youtube TV from anywhere in the world.