Wondering how to unblock YouTube TV outside US as you are planning to go abroad for your vacations? Well for this you will require a VPN that offers servers in America.
In this blog, I am going to guide you on how to access YouTube TV from anywhere around the world. Also i will tell you best VPNs to stream this popular online service and other popular platforms like US Netflix, and Disney Plus.
Youtube TV is an American live TV streaming service that provides live shows, on-demand content and cloud DVR storage from more than 70+ channels. However, this popular US tv streaming service is paid and only available within the American territory.
But you can stream YouTube TV outside US with the help of a VPN, however, if you try to access restricted content on YouTube TV outside US, the following error will appear on your screen:
“Live local networks and video on demand aren’t available in this country.”
How to Unblock YouTube TV Outside US From Anywhere
Follow these simple steps to Unblock Youtube TV abroad:
1. Download and Sign-up for a VPN (we recommended Surfshark)
2. Open VPN app and sign in with your credentials
3. Connect to US server (available in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and more)
4. Visit YouTube TV > click on “Try it Free” option and sign-up with all the required information as mentioned below.
5. Once the sign-up process is finished > click on “Let’s Go” option.
6. Now you need to provide a Zip Code of any place located in the US. To get American Zip Code click here .
7. Now after submitting the Zip Code, a new screen will appear on the screen that shows what channels you will get in standard subscription at $49.99/month > Click on “Next” option.
8. Now you will have an option to select (or not) any of the additional channels and click “Next” again.
9. Now Enter your payment information if it is not already there.
10. Once the process is complete > Head to YouTube TV > Sign-in with your credentials and enjoy!
Note: If you do not have a YouTube account, you need to create before watching any content. Keep in mind that this will require a payment method linked to US address.
Why Will You Need a VPN?
YouTube TV also has geo-restriction policies due to copyright agreements. But, you can unblock YouTube TV outside US or anywhere in the world with the help of a VPN.
A VPN changes your local IP address with US IP which tricks YouTube TV that you are residing in US.
Best VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Outside US
- Offers 800+ servers in 50+ countries including 20+ server location in the US (best servers to watch YouTube TV are Las Vegas, Denver, and Detroit)
- Surfshark successfully unblock all major streaming services from anywhere including TBS, CWTV, BBC iPlayer, TVPlayer, US Netflix and more
- Offers App for all major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even routers
- 24/7 excellent live chat customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- PureVPN offers more than 2000+ servers in 140+ countries and 450+ servers in the US (available in California, New Jersey, California and more)
- It offers dedicated servers for streaming, which means you can also access other geo-restricted channels from anywhere, including CWTV, TVPlayer, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- It is a perfect VPN for those users who are looking for both streaming and best security features.
- Offers Military-Grade 256-Bit AES encryption
- 24/7 customer support
- Offers 31-day money-back guarantee.
- App Available for all major platforms.
- It offers 3000+ servers in 90+, including 30+ US servers
- offers 30-days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Compatible with all major devices
- Unblocks all the major online channels that are geo-restricted.
How to watch YouTube TV on Android
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on Android:
- Open Play Store app on your Android device
- Now search for “YouTube TV” and tap to download it
- Once the YouTube TV app installed > Open the YouTube TV app
- Now tap on “Try it Free” option if you don’t have an account
- If you already have an account > tap on “Sign-in” option instead
- After signing in with your Google Account > Verify your location
- Review the TV Networks in your area
- Add any premium channels (optional) > then tap “Next”
- Once the process is complete > Open YouTube TV and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on FireStick
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on FireStick:
- Head to my Fire TV from the settings menu
- Select “Developer Options” -> Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now go back to FireStick Home and click on the “Search” button
- Look for “Silk Browser” and install it
- Now open Silk Browser and search for youtube.com/tv/
- Now simply sign-in into your account and enjoy!
How to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
Streaming YouTube TV on Apple is super easy. To do so:
- Open App Store on your Apple TV device
- In App Store search for “YouTube TV” and download it
- Once the YouTube App installed > Open the app and enjoy!
Note: If you are not residing in US, you will need a VPN to access the content since it is only available in America
On Which Devices is YouTube TV Available?
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV
YouTube TV Channel List
YouTube TV various top trending titles to watch in collaboration with excellent online channel services like NBC, ABC, Fox, and CBS. Here is the list of channels that you can watch on YouTube TV:
- ESPN 2
- Fox Business, Sports 1, Sports 2, News
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD and much more
How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
Here is you can cancel YouTube TV subscription:
- Go to YouTube website and log-in to your account
- Go to Settings
- Now click on the “Deactivate Membership” option from the “Membership” tap
- Click the “Cancel Membership” option, and that’s it.
Alternatives to YouTube TV
While YouTube TV is an incredible addition for cord-cutters, there are other alternatives as well, such as:
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue
What is YouTube TV?
Like other online streaming services, YouTube TV is also an online service that offers content from famous media broadcasters.
However, this streaming service is not free, and you need to subscribe to it before watching your favorite content. The subscription cost differs depends on which device you want to enjoy YouTube TV.
The standard subscription will cost you around $50/month, but if you subscribe to the service via Apple, it will cost you around $55/month. Here are some worth-mentioning features offers by YouTube TV:
- Watch on multiple screens
- Unlimited digital video recording
- Live stream US cable TV anywhere
- Availability of service up to six accounts
Where is YouTube TV Available?
Currently, YouTube TV is only available in USA, and there is no official plan to expand the service in other regions. However, if you try to access YouTube outside US, the following error will appear on the screen:
“YouTube not available in your country.”
How to Bypass YouTube Country Block?
You can bypass YouTube country block with the help of a VPN like Surfshark by changing your local IP address with US server.
How to Get TV to not Detect VPN?
YouTube has employed active bans on VPN services; therefore, VPN services like Surfshark and PureVPN are a sure shot to bypass geo-restrictions.
How do I know YouTube TV VPN Worked?
With VPN, connect to US server from the list > Now go to YouTube TV and check if it is working or not.
How to Watch YouTube Videos Blocked in your Country?
Youtube blocked videos can be accessed from anywhere with a VPN is the only solution to stream the content.
Does YouTube TV Work in Other Countries?
No! You cannot watch YouTube in other countries expect the US. However, if you change your local IP address with US IP with the help of a VPN, you can unblock YouTube TV outside US.
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all the binge lovers who want to watch their favorite shows in one place. But, now you know that the service is not for all countries, however as I mentioned a VPN can help you to change your geo-location virtually enabling you to access Youtube TV from anywhere in the world.