You can watch Channel 5 live outside UK by using a VPN. However, if you try to stream Channel 5 live elsewhere without using a VPN, the following error will appear on your screen:
“We’re sorry, but you must be located in the British Isles to view this content.”
Follow these 4 easy steps to watch Channel 5 live outside UK/British Isles:
How to Watch My 5 Outside UK
- Download and subscribe to a VPN
- Open VPN app and login with your credentials
- Now connect to UK server from the list of server
- Head to my5.com and enjoy your favorite shows!
Why Will You Need a VPN?
Channel 5 is geo-restricted and only available for the residents of UK. It means that you can only watch Channel 5 within the boundaries of the United Kingdom. This is generates the need of a VPN, that can change your local IP address with UK IP. By doing this you can trick Channel 5 servers that you are residing in UK region, enabling you to enjoy channel 5 live anywhere in the world.
Best VPNs to Watch Channel 5 Live Outside UK
- Surfshark offers 800+ servers in 50+ countries including server location in London, Manchester, and Glasgow
- With Surfshark you can browse freely without any ads, trackers, malware and cyber-attack attempts
- It offers Private DNS on each server for better streaming experience while bypassing the region lock
- Offers Unlimited connection on Major platforms
- Unblock Major Streaming Platforms including Channel 5, TV Player, BBC iPlayer, YouTube TV, CTV, ABC Network, Foxtel, Hotstar and more.
- 24/7 excellent live chat support
- Offers 30 Day Refund Policy
- $1.99 a month – 24 months plan [83% off]
- $5.99 a month – 12 months plan[50% off]
- $11.95 a month – 1 month plan
- It offers 2000 servers across 140+ countries including 160+ servers in UK
- The servers are optimized for streaming, making you immune to ISP Throttling
- Unblocks all major streaming platforms including BT Sport, US Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more anywhere in the world
- Offers Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 31-Days Money Back Guarantee
- App Available for all major platforms including iOS, Mac, Android and more
- $2.95 a month – 1-year plan [73% off]
- $3.29 a month – 2-year plan [63% off]
- $10.95 a month – 1 month plan. [0% Off]
- Offers 1,000 fast servers in 94 locations including 5 dedicated servers in the UK
- It uses Smart DNS for geo-spoofing
- Offers Stealth Servers which are designed to remove the censorship placed in strict internet regions like China, Iran, UK, etc.
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with Major platforms, even routers
- $8.32 a month – 12 months plan [35% off]
- $9.99 a month – 6 months plan.
- $12.95 a month – 1-month plan.
Channel 5 TV Shows
Here is the list of most popular TV shows that you can stream on Channel 5:
- Bring Me The Head of Light Entertainment
- Impractical Jokers UK
- Suburban Shootout
- Muppet Babies
- Nella the Princess Knight
- Noddy in Toyland
- Noddy, Toyland Detective
- Noggin the Nog
- Old Bear Stories
- Olive the Ostrich
- Olly the Little White Van
- PAW Patrol
- PB Bear and Friends
Channel 5 supported devices
Channel 5 offers its my5 app for the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
- iOS (Apple) mobiles and tablets (please see here for exclusions)
- Android mobiles and tablets
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- NowTV and Roku boxes and streaming sticks
- Android Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
Additionally, users can also enjoy Channel 5 on any device that offers internet browser at www.my5.tv
How to Watch Channel 5 on Kodi
- Launch Kodi > Go to Settings > Click on “File Manager” option > Then double click “Add Source.”
- The box will appear on the screen > Click on “None” option
- Now you need to add repository URL “http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo/” and then click “OK.”
- Type “Maverick Repo” in the repository name section and click “OK” to close the box
- Now go back to Main Menu > Select “Add-ons” > Then click on “Box-shaped” icon
- Select the “Install from zip file” option > Then select “Maverick Repo” option from the list
- Now click on “repository.maverickrepo-3.4zip and wait for the installation process
- Once the installation is done > head to “Install from Repository” and click on “MaverickTV Repo.”
- Now click on “Video Add-ons” option > Select “SkyNet” > and click on “Install” option
- Head to Main Menu > Select “Add-ons” menu > Click on Video Add-ons
- Now from the list of add-ons search for “SkyNet” and click on it
- Now from the list, search for Channel 5 > click on it and enjoy!
What is Channel 5?
Channel 5 is a British TV channel, launched in 1997. The service is only available for the binge lovers who are residing in UK. You can watch British local TV series, reality and game shows plus imported TV shows as well.
How to Watch Channel 5 Catch Up?
You can watch Channel 5 Catch Up on demand via “my5 app”. The Channel 5 Catch Up service allows you to watch all your favorite series that you might have missed at the time it is broadcasted.
How to Watch Channel 5 on Demand?
To find the Demand 5 app, go to the apps section of the smart hub, then go to video, and the Demand 5 app can be found by scrolling right. Unfortunately, Demand 5 will no longer work on 2011 models.
How to Get Channel 5 Catch Up on Smart TV?
- Open Smart TV > Head to App Store
- Search for My5 app and download it
- Once the My5 app installed > Open the app and enjoy!
Can I Watch Channel 5 Live on NowTV?
No! you can’t watch Channel 5 live on NowTV.
What Channel is Channel 5 Plus 1 on Freeview?
Channel 5 + 1 is available on Freeview channel 44
Does Channel 5 have iPlayer?
Yes, iPlayer or BBC iPlayer offers Channel 5 and many other popular channels including ITV, Channel 4, etc.
Like channel 5, there are tons of other geo-restricted channels that can be unblocked with the help of one of our recommended VPNs mentioned above.
Our top choice to watch Channel 5 outside UK is Surfshark since it offers dedicated fast servers for streaming at $1.99/month.