Channel 5 is a British service where you can watch some of the greatest English movies and shows. And if you are on the go, you can still enjoy your favorite shows on Channel 5 via its online service called “My5”.
But, unfortunately, you can’t watch My5 abroad since the service is Geo-restricted and only available for the residents of UK because of copyrights and licensing agreements.
If you try to stream Channel 5 live outside UK, the following error will appear on your screen:
“We’re sorry, but you must be located in the British Isles to view this content.”
However, if you are wondering how to watch Channel 5 or My5 abroad, then Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the only reliable solution for it.
How to Watch My 5 Outside UK
- Download and subscribe to a VPN
- Open VPN app and login with your credentials
- Now connect to UK server from the list of server
- Head to my5.tv and enjoy your favorite shows!
- Watch video tutorial for better understanding:
Why Will You Need a VPN?
Channel 5 is geo-restricted and only available for the residents of UK. It means that you can only watch Channel 5 within the boundaries of the United Kingdom. This generates the need for a VPN, that can change your local IP address with UK IP. By doing this you can trick Channel 5 servers that you are residing in UK region, enabling you to enjoy channel 5 live or watch My5 abroad from anywhere in the world.
Channel 5 not Working with VPN? Here is How to Fix That
If you try to access Channel 5 or My5 outside UK with the help of a free VPN service or paid one that isn’t mentioned below, there is a high probability that it won’t work at all or have some serious buffering issues.
This happens because Channel 5 blacklisted the VPN you are using since geo-blocked channels have agreements to air their content in a specific country like the UK.
This is why they keep checking IPs of their users and block it if they find someone is accessing their content from abroad.
But where there are tons of unreliable VPN services in the market, there are some reliable providers also prevail in the market (like those mentioned below) to access Channel 5 outside UK without any hassle.
All these reliable VPN providers always do their best to provide astonishing services to access geo-restricted content.
Therefore, if an IP address gets blacklisted by a broadcaster, these VPNs will react by shutting that IP address down and opening a fresh and undetected IP address.
Best VPNs to Watch Channel 5 Live Outside UK
1. Surfshark (Starts from $1.99/Month)
- Surfshark offers 800+ servers in 50+ countries including server location in London, Manchester, and Glasgow
- With Surfshark you can browse freely without any ads, trackers, malware and cyber-attack attempts
- It offers Private DNS on each server for better streaming experience while bypassing the region lock
- Offers Unlimited connection on Major platforms
- Unblock Major Streaming Platforms including Channel 5, TV Player, BBC iPlayer, YouTube TV, CTV, ABC USA, Foxtel, Hotstar and more.
- 24/7 excellent live chat support
- Offers 30 Day Refund Policy
2. PureVPN (Starts from $1.65/Month)
- It offers 2000 servers across 140+ countries including 160+ servers in UK
- The servers are optimized for streaming, making you immune to ISP Throttling
- Unblocks all major streaming platforms including BT Sport, US Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more anywhere in the world
- Offers Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 31-Days Money Back Guarantee
- App Available for all major platforms including iOS, Mac, Android and mor
3. ExpressVPN (Starts from $8.32/Month)
- Offers 1,000 fast servers in 94 locations including 5 dedicated servers in the UK
- It uses Smart DNS for geo-spoofing
- Offers Stealth Servers which are designed to remove the censorship placed in strict internet regions like China, Iran, UK, etc.
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with Major platforms, even routers
Why We Won’t Recommend You to Watch Channel 5/My5 via Smart DNS Proxy
The reason why i won’t recommend you to use smart DNS services like Unlocater and PlaymoTV because they put your online privacy at high risk.
Unlike VPN, these DNS services do not encrypt your data, which means you might be left vulnerable online since your data and online connections are not secured.
Popular TV Shows on My5
Here is the list of most popular TV shows that you can stream on My5:
- Bring Me The Head of Light Entertainment
- Impractical Jokers UK
- Suburban Shootout
- Muppet Babies
- Nella the Princess Knight
- Noddy in Toyland
- Noddy, Toyland Detective
- Noggin the Nog
- Old Bear Stories
- Olive the Ostrich
- Olly the Little White Van
- PAW Patrol
- PB Bear and Friends
Channel 5 supported devices
Channel 5 offers its my5 app for the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
- iOS (Apple) mobiles and tablets (please see here for exclusions)
- Android mobiles and tablets
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- NowTV and Roku boxes and streaming sticks
- Android Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
Additionally, users can also enjoy Channel 5 on any device that offers internet browser at www.my5.tv
What is Channel 5?
Channel 5 is a British TV channel, launched in 1997. The service is only available for the binge lovers who are residing in UK. You can watch British local TV series, reality and game shows plus imported TV shows as well.
How to Watch Channel 5 Catch Up?
You can watch Channel 5 Catch Up on demand via “my5 app”. The Channel 5 Catch Up service allows you to watch all your favorite series that you might have missed at the time it is broadcasted.
How to Watch Channel 5 on Demand?
To find the Demand 5 app, go to the apps section of the smart hub, then go to video, and the Demand 5 app can be found by scrolling right. Unfortunately, Demand 5 will no longer work on 2011 models.
How to Get Channel 5 Catch Up on Smart TV?
- Open Smart TV > Head to App Store
- Search for My5 app and download it
- Once the My5 app installed > Open the app and enjoy!
Can I Watch Channel 5 Live on NowTV?
No! you can’t watch Channel 5 live on NowTV.
What Channel is Channel 5 Plus 1 on Freeview?
Channel 5 + 1 is available on Freeview channel 44
Does Channel 5 have iPlayer?
Yes, iPlayer or BBC iPlayer offers Channel 5 and many other popular channels including ITV, Channel 4, etc.
Like channel 5, there are tons of other geo-restricted channels that can be unblocked with the help of one of our recommended VPNs mentioned above.
Our top choice to watch Channel 5 outside UK is Surfshark since it offers dedicated fast servers for streaming at $1.99/month.