If you’re thinking can I watch ITV in Germany, then let us inform you that Yes, you can. You only need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN and you are good to go.
Being a fan of British television you must be looking for ways that how to watch ITV in Germany. Unfortunately, ITV is not available in Germany because of the geo-restrictions by the streaming service.
ITV is a free-to-watch UK-based TV station with shows like Maternal, Downton Abbey, and Snowpiercer. Major sports events can also be watched on ITV Hub, like Women’s Rugby World Cup, and Horse Racing.
However, it is geo-blocked in Germany and the best way to watch ITV in Germany is by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) like ExpressVPN to mask your IP address.
This blog will help you to access ITV and its great content in Germany. So without further ado, here we go.
How to Watch ITV in Germany with a VPN [Unblocking Steps]
Here are the steps you need to follow to unblock ITV in Germany with a VPN:
Choose a reliable VPN service with servers in the UK. ExpressVPN is the most popular and reliable option.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the VPN software and connect to a UK-based server. This will make it seem as though you’re located in the UK, giving you access to ITV content.
- Launch the ITV Hub website or app.
- Create your account or sign in with the existing one.
- Start streaming your favorite shows!
It’s that simple! With a VPN, you can access ITV content in Germany without any restrictions. Just be sure to choose a high-quality VPN service like ExpressVPN to ensure fast and stable connections.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch ITV in Germany?
You need a VPN to watch ITV in Germany because you won’t be able to access ITV content outside UK because of geo restirctions, even if you’re a subscriber.
When you try to access the ITV app outside the premises of the UK, you’ll get a text saying:
“ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK”
The main reason for these restrictions is copyright and licensing agreements.To enforce these agreements, ITV uses geographical filters to restrict access to its content based on your location.
This is where a VPN like ExpressVPN comes in. A VPN allows you to change your virtual location, making it appear as though you’re located in a different country.
By connecting to ExpressVPN’s server in the UK, you can access ITV content as if you were in the UK, bypassing geographical restrictions and allowing you to watch your favorite shows from anywhere in the world.
How to Sign Up for ITV in Germany?
To register for ITV for free in Germany, follow these steps:
- To watch ITV in Germany, subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to a UK server. We recommend the Docklands server for the optimal streaming experience.
- Navigate to the ITV Hub website and click on the “Sign In” button and create an account.”
- Click Sign up now.
- Click “Sign up” after entering your password and email address.
- “Complete the sign-up form by filling in the required information. Note: A valid UK postcode such as ‘SW1P 3SH’ or ‘SE11 6QT’ is necessary to finish the registration process.
- On the following page, complete the form!
- Once you have entered all the information, scroll down, review, and accept the ITV terms and conditions by checking the box, then hit the “Submit” button to complete the process.
- Click ‘I agree to the ITV Terms & Conditions.
- Change your device’s time zone to London’s GMT/UTC +00:00 to avoid any errors while watching ITV in Germany.
- To enjoy ITV content abroad for free, choose the “Watch with ads” option when creating your ITV Hub account.
- Unlock all of ITV’s content, including commercials, for free in Germany!
Note: Keep in mind, accessing the ITV Hub requires registration. Register by selecting the “Sign Up Now” option on the “Sign In” page or in the “My ITV Account” section of the mobile app.
What are the Best VPNs to get ITV in Germany?
We have tested many VPNs available, but not all of them are equally suitable for accessing ITV in Germany. But we have narrowed down the list to the best 3 of them i.e. ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
ExpressVPN: Fastest VPN to Watch ITV in Germany
ExpressVPN is the fastest way to unblock ITV in Germany, with a record-breaking speed of up to 89.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
Boasting a vast network of 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including 4 server locations in the UK, it ensures a seamless streaming experience with its Trusted Server Technology and AES-256 Bit encryption.
We used its Docklands server and it worked perfectly well for ITV in Germany.
Enjoy lightning-fast speeds both while downloading and uploading, with 89.42 Mbps and 84.64 Mbps respectively on a 100 Mbps connection to the USA servers.
The VPN also features a powerful MediaStreamer and SmartDNS technology to unlock ITV on devices that are unsupportive for VPNs.
ExpressVPN is available on Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux.
You can use ExpressVPN to stream on devices like Apple TV, Smart TV, Fire TV, Roku, Firestick, gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation, and Smart TV as well.
With the kill switch feature, 256-bit encryption, and ad blocker security features, you can get ExpressVPN for just US$6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan).
You can take advantage of a spectacular 49% discount and get 3 extra months for free with ExpressVPN’s 12-month plan.
And with its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can enjoy a risk-free trial of the VPN and never face the frustration of ITV not working with a VPN again.
Surfshark: Budget-Friendly VPN to Stream ITV in Germany
Streaming your favorite shows and sports on ITV in Germany has never been more budget-friendly, thanks to Surfshark VPN. With its unbeatable pricing of just US$2.49/mo (83% Off on 2 Years Plan), you can enjoy seamless streaming without breaking the bank.
Experience lightning-fast speed with Surfshark’s 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, including 4 UK servers situated in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Manchester.
Avoid the slowest server – the Glasgow server – and opt for Surfshark’s London server for a high-quality streaming experience
We have experienced Surfshark speed of up to 88.18 Mbps download speed and 80.13 Mbps upload speed which is amazing.
As a bonus, Surfshark also offers unlimited simultaneous connections, making it a great option for unblocking streaming services on as many devices as possible.
Compatible with most Android phones, Smart TVs, and gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation, Surfshark also prioritizes your security with its kill switch feature, 256-bit encryption, and ad blocker.
With a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try Surfshark risk-free and enjoy stress-free streaming on ITV in Germany.
NordVPN: Largest Server network to Get ITV in Germany
With an impressive 5310+ servers in 59+ countries and 440+ servers in the UK, NordVPN takes the crown for having the largest server network to watch ITV in Germany.
Our tests revealed that Nord VPN’s London #2206 server was the key to the instant unblocking of ITV Hub in Germany. However, the Manchester server was found to be the slowest and not recommended.
We were able to enjoy a seamless streaming experience on ITV in HD quality, with NordVPN delivering speeds of up to 86.49 Mbps downloading and 79.42 Mbps uploading on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to the #2206 server.
NordVPN is compatible with various popular devices and operating systems like macOS, Windows, iOS, Smart TVs, Firestick, Roku, and smartphones. With such a massive server network, you can easily access any geo-restricted service with ease.
Security is a top priority for NordVPN, with features like a Threat Protection, obfuscated servers, and OpenVPN protocol providing an impenetrable barrier for your online activities.
Unlock access to other popular streaming services in Germany such as BBC iPlayer and Discovery Plus with NordVPN’s help.
It offers 6 simultaneous connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, making it a risk-free investment. You can get NordVPN for only US$3.29/mo (Save 60% on 2-year plan).
How to Choose the Best VPN for ITV in Germany?
How do you determine the best VPN with so many options available? To simplify your search, we have conducted research and identified the key features to consider when selecting the best VPN for watching ITV live streaming online from Germany:
- It must have servers in the UK.
- Connections must be fast, reliable, and secure with strong encryption.
- It must guarantee your privacy with a strict no-logs policy.
- It should have apps available for all platforms.
- It should offer customer support through live chat and email, with 24/7 availability being preferable.
- It must be user-friendly and easy to use, with both desktop and mobile apps being accessible.
What Channels are on ITV Player?
Step into a world of endless entertainment with these 6 stunning ITV channels, all available to stream from Germany:
ITV – Keep up with regional happenings and the latest news
ITV2 – Indulge in a lineup of adult-themed programs and shows
ITV3 – Revisit your favorite ITV dramas with repeat telecasts
ITV4 – A sports enthusiast’s paradise featuring sports shows, cult classic ITV player films from the 70s and 80s, and gripping police dramas
ITVBe – Get your fix on reality TV and unscripted shows
CITV – A kid’s heaven, featuring an array of delightful shows for children.”
What to Watch on ITV in 2023?
Here are a few popular genres and programs that are often featured on ITV:
- Drama – ITV is known for airing popular British dramas such as “Broadchurch,” “Vera,” and “Endeavour.”
- Reality TV – ITV has several popular reality TV shows such as “Love Island,” “I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!” and “The Voice UK.”
- Game Shows – “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” and “The Chase” are two popular game shows that air on ITV.
- Sports – ITV covers major sporting events such as the FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro.
- News and Current Affairs – ITV News is a trusted source for breaking news and current affairs in the UK.
What Movies are on ITV in Germany?
Here is a compilation of top films that can be found on ITV Hub:
- 13 Assassins
- The Hunter
- Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon
- Barney Thompson
What Shows are on ITV in Germany?
You have the option to access various live events through the ITV live stream, including news, sports, and talent hunt shows. Here is a list of the top programs on ITV in Germany:
- Love Island UK 2023
- Prince Harry’s ITV Interview
- Next Level Chef UK
- PDC 2023 Cazoo Masters
- The Walk-In 2022
- Deep Fake Neighbour Wars
- Vera Season 12
- The Family Pile
- Horse Racing 2023
- Robin Hood
- Dancing on Ice 2023
- Bradley Walsh & Son: Breaking Dad
What are the Devices Compatible with ITV in Germany?
ITV is available on a variety of devices, allowing you to watch its programs on your TV, computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Here is a list of devices that are typically compatible with ITV in Germany:
- Smart TVs
- Streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast
- Gaming consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation
- Tablets and smartphones
- Laptops and desktop computers
- Internet-connected Blu-ray players
How can I Watch the ITV on my Android?
Are you trying to access ITV in Germany, but want to know how can I watch ITV on Android? Here is a step-by-step guide on it.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, our recommended VPN service.
- Download and install the VPN app on your android device.
- Connect to a UK server, such as the Docklands server, through the VPN app.
- Create a new Google ID and Sign in with it to visit Google Play Store.
- Install the ITV Hub app on your Android device from Google Play Store.
- Launch the ITV Hub app and sign in with your ITV account or create a new one.
- Once connected, go back to the ITV Hub app and start streaming your favorite shows and movies.
You can watch ITV on your Android device with these simple steps from anywhere in the world.
How can I Watch the ITV on my iPhone?
Thinking about how can I watch ITV on my iPhone? Here’s a comprehensive step-by-step guide to getting the ITV app in Germany on iOS:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN (our top recommendation).
- Set up and log into the VPN app.
- Connect to the UK server (ideally Docklands) from the list.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and then click on your Apple ID profile.
- Now tap on the “Media and Purchases” option > select “Country/Region” > tap “Change Country or Region” > select “United Kingdom” and then on the “Terms and Conditions” page tap “Agree.”
- Now enter all the required details, and for the UK locations, you can provide any address and number from the internet since Apple does not verify it.
- Once your region changes to the UK, head to the App Store and search for the ITV app on iOS.
- Now download the app and start watching ITV in Germany.
How to Watch ITV Live on Roku?
Follow these easy steps if you want to know how can I watch ITV on Roku in Germany:
- Start by subscribing to ExpressVPN, our recommended VPN provider.
- Set up the VPN app and log in to your account.
- Connect to a UK server through the VPN app, preferably the Docklands server.
- Connect Roku and ExpressVPN on the same Wifi router.
- Open the Roku Store and search for the ITV Hub app.
- Download and install the ITV Hub app on your Roku device.
- After the installation is complete, the ITV Hub channel will appear in your channel list.
- Simply launch the ITV Hub channel on your Roku and start watching.
How to Watch ITV Germany on Windows & Mac?
Follow these easy steps if you want to know how can I watch ITV on Windows & Mac:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, our recommended VPN service.
- Download and install the VPN software on your computer.
- Connect to a British server, such as the Docklands server, through the VPN app.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the ITV Hub website.
- Log in to your ITV account using your credentials. If you don’t have an account, you can create one on the ITV Hub website.
- Browse the available shows on the ITV Hub and select one to watch.
- Enjoy ITV Hub on your Windows 10 or Mac device with the help of ExpressVPN.
How Do I Get ITV on My Smart TV?
Follow these easy steps if you want to know how can I watch ITV on Smart TV:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, the top recommended VPN service, and download it.
- Install the VPN app and choose a UK server, preferably the Docklands server.
- Press the Smart Hub button on your remote control to access the Smart TV’s apps.
- Select the ‘Apps’ option and then click on the Magnifying glass icon to search for the ITV Player app.
- Select the ‘ITV player’ to install.
- Open the ITV Player app and start enjoying all your favorite ITV content.
How Much Does ITV Cost?
The ITV subscription Cost of the ITV Hub subscription varies depending on your pricing plan, which can be monthly or yearly. ITV offers both free, ad-supported content, as well as exclusive ad-free content that requires a subscription to ITV Hub.
The monthly plan costs around USD 5.14 or EUR 4.78, and the yearly plan costs around USD 51.43 or EUR 47.80. You can make your payment using VISA, MASTERCARD, or AMEX.
FAQs – How to watch ITV in Germany
Does ITV work abroad?
Is it legal to watch ITV in Germany with a VPN?
Can you Unblock ITV in Germany with a Free VPN?
Where can I watch ITV in Germany?
Can I watch ITV in Germany on Amazon Prime?
In conclusion, watching ITV in Germany can be a challenge due to geo-restrictions. However, with ExpressVPN, you can easily bypass these restrictions and enjoy ITV in Germany.
Whether you’re a fan of British dramas, comedies, or sports, you now have the tools and knowledge to access ITV from anywhere in the world. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us in the comments section.