So you want to know how to unblock Spotify anywhere? Love music to bits? Here’s the perfect blog for you!
Spotify is like the Netflix of music, it has songs from artists and musicians from all over the world. Despite not being a completely new idea, the app managed to become profitable and created a buzz, unlike Sound Cloud.
Spotify offers two 2 plans, Free and Premium. While the free plan only works in selected countries and only for 14 days if you’re abroad.
Why is Spotify Blocked?
Mostly, Spotify is blocked at schools and workplace, a VPN is a perfect solution to that. Even though Spotify is largely available a lot of counties might not have it. You will be presented with the following error:
“Spotify is currently not available in your country.”
How to Unblock Spotify anywhere with a VPN?
If your country isn’t mentioned in the list shown below, all you have to do is get a VPN service like ExpressVPN and roll on!
Follow these 5 eaasy steps to Unblock Spotify anywhere using VPN:
- Download and install VPN (we highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Sign-in with your credentials.
- Connect to an American server from the server list.
- Now Spotify is unblocked > create a/c > sign-up > enter payment details.
- Now enjoy listening to Spotify online or download songs offline.
Note: ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to unblock and play Spotify online free, due to its reliable worldwide servers. Not all singers and songs are available in the USA so this way you can easily switch servers and unblock songs on Spotify.
Is Spotify Restricted in My Country?
Usually, there are two cases when content is restricted. Either it s from the government or it is because of the licensing deals that limit the distribution of content. For example, the Amazon Prime VPN ban makes it very difficult for VPN services to bypass the service. If you are thinking why isn’t Spotify available in my country well the good news is you can still get it using VPN. As Spotify is available in many countries, you can check below if yours is in it, if not, don’t worry, we have a workaround to unblock Spotify for school, at work, family abroad, or anywhere in the world.
The free version kinda sucks, since you can only shuffle music and skip only 6 times in an hour and the Spotify Radio isn’t available either. And the worst part is that it forces ads.
Spotify Premium Plans
With the Premium plan, you can take your playlist anywhere in the world without any limits. While Spotify is limited to a few countries, you can use it abroad easily by using a VPN.
The individual plan offers 3 months free at $9.99, which is a bit expensive. However, you can opt for the Spotify family plan and share it with your family. Spotify does actually verify your location so there’s no password sharing issue with that.
The Spotify student plan is also a great grab! It supports Hulu and Showtime at a very affordable cost.
The best feature of the premium plan is the Spotify download option, which lets you listen to music offline.
Using a VPN you can unlock Spotify download on a single tap and believe me its worth the music and podcasts app has to offer.
Best VPN to Unblock Spotify Abroad
We have tested multiple VPN services and found these Best VPN for Spotify to be working seamlessly for the service.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock Spotify from Anywhere. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries with 26 fastest US servers to get Spotify from anywhere and other popular streaming services. It offers dedicated apps on all the major devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. Even you can set up ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) on devices like Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, and Xbox since they do not support the VPN app directly. With ExpressVPN you can connect up to five devices simultaneously and it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN for Spotify Unblocked. It offers 5400+ servers in 59 countries with 1900+ US servers to access Spotify and other popular services at the most affordable prices.
How to get Spotify on Android
If Spotify is not available in your country, simply connect to an American server to unblock Spotify using a VPN. Clear the App cache of your device or switch between accounts and follow these steps:
- After connecting to a non-restricted country VPN switch between accounts.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Spotify App.
- Download and install Spotify on Android.
- Create an account and start listening to your Spotify favorites online!
How to get Spotify on iPhone
It’s quite simple to get Spotify on your iPhone or any other iOS running device:
- Go to Settings > Search for iTunes & App Store > Click on your Apple ID > Change Country/ Region
- Now connect to a Country (For e.g USA) server using VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Spotify is now Unblocked > Go to iTunes
- Search for “Spotify”
- Download and install the app
- Create your account and start listening to Spotify from anywhere!
Spotify data usage?
Data usage is one of the key concerns when it comes to streaming or listening to music online:
- One hour of music playback will consume around 50MB of data when the quality is set to “normal”
- At normal quality, you can play around 24 hours of music for around 1GB of data usage
- On high-quality 1GB will be used in less than 15 hours
- Extreme quality you’ll use 1GB of data in 7 hours
- You’ll use a lot more data with video playback
What is Spotify Connect?
Spotify Connect allows you to play music via devices that have Wi-Fi speakers, such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, PC, and many more.
How to Delete the Spotify account?
Even though it’s highly unlikely, but if you want to delete your Spotify account, here are the steps:
- Go to Spotify’s Support page on how to close your account
- Log-in to your Spotify account
- Now click here and proceed