Wondering how to unblock and watch Foxtel Go overseas live as you are planning to travel outside Australia? Well for this, you will require an Australian IP address or a VPN that can unblock geo-blocked channels.
In this blog, I am going to tell you how to access Foxtel Go live abroad from anywhere around the world. Also a list of best VPN that are consistently unblocking Foxtel Go outside Australia.
What is Foxtel Go?
Best Answer: Foxtel Go is an online app for Foxtel subscribers to stream tons of live TV channels and catch-up programs on the go on their mobile devices. The app is totally free to use with great streaming features including top TV shows, live sports and dedicated shows for kids.
However, just like Foxtel, its “Go” app only allows you to stream if you are residing in Australia because of content rights restrictions.
And If you try to watch Foxtel Go outside Australia the following geo-restriction error will appear on the screen:
“Sorry for the inconvenience. Access to My Account is not currently available outside Australia.”
If you already know how to use a VPN to unblock Foxtel Go outside Australia, click on the mentioned below link to subscribe for the best Foxtel VPN and start watching right now or read this complete guide.
What’s The Difference Between Foxtel Play, Foxtel Now and Foxtel Go?
Foxtel Go is online streaming service that let you watch live sports events and TV shows which are included in your plan. Additionally, you can also access tons of TV shows, movies, and your favorite sports anywhere on your mobile devices. And best of all you don’t have to subscribe for “Go” service separately since its included as a part of your Foxtel set-top box subscription.
Available On: Windows (via Chrome Browser), Mac (via Safari Browser), iOS (Foxtel Go App) and Android (Foxtel Go App)
Foxtel Play (currently known as Foxtel Now), on the other hand, lets you watch your favorite TV channel online. All you require is Foxtel Now compatible device and an internet connection to live stream TV channels that are included in your package. Foxtel Now (Foxtel Play) is a standalone product and is not part of a Foxtel set-top box subscription.
Available on: Windows (via Chrome Browser), Mac (via Safari Browser), iOS (Foxtel Go App), Android (Foxtel Go App), Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Foxtel Now Box, and Telstra TV
Quick Steps: How to Watch Foxtel Go Overseas Outside Australia
Luckily, there is a simple workaround to watch Foxtel Go overseas in the UK, US, China, New Zealand or Canada. All you need to do is get a reliable streaming VPN service and will enable you to unblock Foxtel no matter where you are.
Follow these 4 easy steps to watch Foxtel Go Overseas outside Australia:
- Sign-up and Download a VPN (We highly recommend Surfshark).
- Now open VPN app and login with your credentials.
- Connect to the Australian server from the list and Open Foxtel Go app.
- Now enjoy streaming Foxtel Go overseas or anywhere outside Australia.
This way you will be able to unblock and stream live programming and catch-up TV from Foxtel Go anywhere abroad.
Note: Surfshark is our top recommendation to access Foxtel Go overseas online, due to its widespread server in Australia.
How to Watch Foxtel in New Zealand
Follow these steps to watch Foxtel in New Zealand:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN (We highly recommend Surfshark).
- Launch the VPN app and sign-in with your credentials.
- Now connect to the Australian server from the list (Surfshark recommended servers for Foxtel NZ: Sydney & Perth).
- Head Foxtel website or app > log-in to your account and watch without any hassle.
How to Watch Foxtel in the USA
Follow these steps to watch Foxtel in USA:
- Sign-up and download a VPN (We highly recommend Surfshark).
- Open the VPN app and log-in with your user name and password.
- Connect to an Australian server from the list (Surfshark recommended servers for Foxtel in USA: Sydney & Melbourne).
- Visit Foxtel website or app > sign-in to your account and enjoy your favorite shows and movies on Foxtel in USA.
How to Watch Foxtel Now Overseas Outside Australia
Foxtel is a paid service, which requires a subscription before watching it outside Australia. Here are the steps to watch Foxtel Now outside Australia:
- Download and subscribe to SurfShark.
- Open VPN app and sign-in with your credentials.
- Now connect to an Australian server from the list.
- Go to Foxtel Now website and select the plan you want to subscribe for.
- Now once you subscribed for Foxtel Now > Visit Foxtel Now website and enjoy.
Why will You Need a VPN to watch Foxtel Go Abroad?
Services like Foxtel Go uses a tracking system to block the users who are trying to access their service from overseas outside Australia because of content Geo-restrictions.
And since your internet connection has your local IP address so when you try to stream Foxtel Go in your country, the Foxtel Go immediately tracks your location and blocks your access.
But with the use of right VPN you can easily trick the Foxtel Go tracking system by switching your local IP with Australian IP address.
Therefore, when you connect to an Australian server with the help of a VPN, it spoofs your location. By doing this, Foxtel Go tracking system thinks that you are residing somewhere in Australia and allows you to access the content from anywhere in the world.
Note: Unfortunately not all VPN services have the ability to by-pass these geo-restrictions, This is why we tested several VPN providers and found out the following VPNs as the ideal choice to watch Foxtel Go overseas outside Australia.
Best VPN for watching Foxtel Go outside Australia
Here are the 3 best Foxtel Go VPN to watch outside Australia:
3. ExpressVPN: Best Fastest VPN to unblock Foxtel Go outside Australia. Offers 6 fastest Australian to watch almost every popular steaming channels but at an expensive price.
Foxtel Go Device Compatibility
Foxtel Go app is available on the following devices for your ease I have added their direct download links as well:
- Android phones (download link)
- Android Smart TV (download link)
- iOS Devices (download link)
- Telstra TV
How to Watch Foxtel Go on Apple TV?
Airplay method is the only way to watch Foxtel Go on your Apple TV. And if you are already residing in Australia, all you need is to do:
- Connect both iOS and Apple TV devices with the same wifi connection and play the content you want to watch on Foxtel Go app.
- When you play the video the Airplay option ” ” will appear on your iPhone or iPad screen > Tap on it to start screen mirroring on your Apple TV and enjoy.
However, if you are residing outside Australia, to stream Foxtel Go on your Apple TV you need to setup a VPN on your Wi-Fi and connect to the Australian server first (We recommend Surfshark).
How to Watch Foxtel Go on Android Smart TV?
You can watch Foxtel Go on your Android Smart TV by downloading its official app via Play Store. Once you downloaded the app > launch the Foxtel Go app > Sign-in with your credentials and enjoy on your Android smart TV.
Note: If you are residing overseas outside Australia, you need to setup a VPN and connect to an Australian server first (we recommend Surfshark). Otherwise, the Foxtel Go app won’t let you stream the content because of content geo-restrictions.
How to Watch Foxtel Go on Mac?
You can watch Foxtel Go on Mac through its official website. However, you must have a Foxtel subscription to watch it online.
Why is Foxtel Go Not Working on Mac?
In-case if the Foxtel app is not working on your Mac device, click on this link and follow the troubleshooting methods.
Foxtel Channels List
These are some of the channels available on Foxtel:
- Nine Network
- Sky News Live
- BBC uktv
- Seven Network
- Ten Network
- BBC FIRST
- Fox Sports
- beIN Sports
To view the complete list of channel click here.
What to Watch on Foxtel Go
As the popular Australian streaming provider Foxtel is loaded with tons of options, from shows like His Dark Materials, Lambs of God, Watchmen, Catherine the Great, Shameless, Big Little Lies, War of the Worlds, Britannia to movies and sports streams like NBA streams, Cricket streams and kids show like SpongeBob Scooby-Doo, The Powerpuff Girls and many more.
To sum it up, VPN is the solution to watch Foxtel Go outside Australia or from anywhere overseas. All the above-mentioned VPNs are tested and can successfully unblock different streaming platforms including Foxtel, FoxTV, VRV, TBS, American Netflix, Match TV, and more. Our top recommendation still remains SurkShark, offering 75+ servers in Australia at affordable prices.