Do you want to watch Indian TV in USA? Are you a desi living in the USA or happen to be traveling outside India, I will guide you on how to watch Indian channels in the USA be it Ozee TV, Jio TV, Star Sports, Voot, Hotstar or Sony Liv, I got you covered.
No longer will you have to miss your favorite shows like Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Bigg Boss, Yeh Rishta Kia Kehlata hai, or Kumkum Bhagya just to name a few.
It is indeed misfortunate that all these lovely desi dramas are restricted to India only and if you live in someplace like Australia, UK, USA, Europe, or the Middle East you have no choice but to miss out on your favorite shows.
Well, luckily there is a simple workaround for the best way to watch Indian channels in USA from all local languages including regional options like south Indian tv channels in USA. With a VPN like ExpressVPN, it does not matter where you are physically, just a few clicks and you can change your IP address to an Indian one and be there digitally at least if not physically.
Best Way to Watch Indian Channels in USA
Following is the list of the best Indian TV Channels in USA.
- Hotstar: Partnered with Disney+ to give the best content online
- Voot: Free service for Indian TV shows
- Eros Now: Leading Indian entertainment brand
- Jadoo TV: Provides the best entertainment in various languages
- Colors: Entertainment content catering to all genres
- Yupp TV
- Ozee TV
- Sony Liv
- Star Plus
- MX Player
- Jio TV
- Star Sports
- Zee5 TV
- Alt Balaji
- Netflix India
- Indian Amazon Prime Video
All these are the best way to watch Indian channels in USA. Many of these provide free-to-watch content in India, which can only be accessed with a VPN.
So, you’re outside India and trying to get and watch Indian channels online, let’s say Hotstar, you will be presented with the following Paywall:
This is because, content distributors and owners have licensing agreements that include geo-restriction of content, therefore streaming platforms have to limit the regions where they can broadcast content for free.
As for Indian Networks, much of the content is free to watch in India for viewers outside India can still watch them by using virtual networks service. Let’s have a look at how it’s all made possible.
How to watch Indian Channels in USA using VPN
Follow these steps to watch Indian tv channels in American or anywhere abroad with a VPN:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN, our top recommendation!
- Download the VPN app and sign-in with your credentials.
- Now connect to an Indian server from the list.
- Visit the Indian channel of your choice, like Hotstar, and start streaming!
Hotstar has an amazingly extensive library comprising of Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, and Bengali content along with almost 100 live channels.
Let’s show you another example, we’re trying Voot app USA this time. Without using a VPN, you will receive the following error:
Using the same steps that we used for Hotstar, we’re connecting to an Indian server and check out how it will start working like a charm!
Again with ExpressVPN we have successfully unblocked Voot outside India and watching Bigg Boss latest season. This way you will be to watch all your favorite entertainment apps available outside India.
Further, if you would like to get entertained by sports matches and tournaments, check this Guide to Watch EuroSport in US.
Why you need a VPN to watch Indian TV Abroad
A VPN commonly known as a Virtual Private Network replaces your IP address with the IP address of the country where the channel is not restricted.
In our case it is India, websites have a tracking system that detects where a user is visiting from. A VPN helps fool this tracking system into believing that you’re visiting from a non-restricted country.
That’s not all, VPN also hides your online activities, and this, of course, helps with security as well as prevents your Internet provider from throttling your internet speed. So getting a VPN is a win-win situation for you.
Best VPN to stream Indian Channels in US
There are hundreds of VPN services available online and it can get pretty tough choosing the right one, so after personally testing several services, I’ve shortlisted the best 3 in the industry.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN to watch Indian Tv in USA.It offers 3 blazing fast Indian servers to access geo-blocked Indian streaming services at a price that’s worth it. It can access other regions as well and let you watch Threenow in USA without a hassle.
2. Surfshark: Low-Cost VPN to watch Indian Channels in USA. It Provides 3 dedicated servers in India to unblock popular Indian streaming services from abroad.
3. NordVPN: Working VPN to watch Indian Channels Online. It offers a large number of streaming optimized servers with 30+ Indian servers to access services like Hotstar, StarPlus, SonyLiv, Voot, Jio TV, and much more from anywhere.
Can I watch Indian TV with a free VPN?
Remember your parents told you to stay away from strangers? Well, that rule applies here! It is highly advised not to go for free VPN to watch Indian channels, as they provide no incentive to protect user data and may put you in a difficult situation with your ISP.
Why would a company put effort to safeguard your data? Free VPNs usually either log user data and sell it to advertisers or just simply fail to unblock geo-restricted sites. So, I would strongly advise not to go for a free VPN service.
Best Indian TV Shows to Watch
- Ye Rishta Kia Kehlata hai
- Kullfi Kumarr Bajewala
- Divya Dristi
- Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi
- Suryaputra Karn
- Bade Bhaiyya Ki Dulhania
- Dil Ki Baatein Dil Hi Jaane Dil Ki Baatein Dil Hi Jaane
- Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega
- Kumkum Bhagya
- Tujhse Hai Raabta
Can I watch Indian Channels in USA for free?
How to watch Hindi channels on Roku?
Are Indian Channels blocked in the USA?
Can I stream Indian Channels on Amazon FireStick?
Wrapping Up – How to watch Indian TV
Watching Indian TV shows abroad doesn’t have to be a painstaking task, as shown in the blog, its literally simple as abc. Either it’s setting up desi channels on Roku or you wanna watch Indian movies. Just get yourself the superfast ExpressVPN and stream at lethally high speeds lol, getting a VPN is the best way to watch blocked content, especially if you’re feeling homesick.
Comment below if you have any questions and team ScreenBinge will be more than happy to help you out.