Wondering how to get Disney Plus on my TV? If yes, then this blog is for you.
Whether you have got the LG, Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Samsung Smart TV, or no Smart TV at all, below, I will tell you how to get Disney+ on these TVs in both supported and unsupported country with the help of a VPN. So without any further ado, let’s dive in:
If VOD services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video are not enough for you as they don’t offer complete Star Movies series, Micky House classics, and Marvel content, then Disney+ could be the next best streaming service for you.
Disney Plus offers a massive list of Disney classics, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Fox, and National Geographic content. Additionally, it is the best streaming service to watch shows like The Mandalorian, Toy Story, The Simpsons, and more.
But here is the bummer! Unlike Netflix, Disney+ is available in some parts of the world, including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, and Ireland. In India, you can stream Disney Plus content through Disney+ Hotstar service.
So first, let’s talk about how to get Disney+ on TV and Smart TV for those users who are residing in countries where the service is available:
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on a Samsung Smart TV?
For Samsung Smart TV users, the simplest way to download Disney+ app is via a built-in app screen. However, the Disney Plus app is available on Samsung Smart TV models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS).
Follow these steps to get and watch Disney+ on your Samsung Smart TV:
- First, subscribe to a Disney+ account if you don’t have it already. You can get it by visiting the Disney Plus website.
- Now, open your Samsung Smart TV and connect to the internet.
- Head to the home screen and select the “apps” icon.
- Now type Disney+ in the search box and select it and then choose the “add to home” option. This will download and install the Disney Plus app.
- Now open the app and sign in with your username and password and enjoy your favorite content without any hassle.
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on an LG Smart TV?
LG Smart TV users can download and install the Disney+ app through LG Content Store. However, the Disney+ app is available on LG Smart TVs from 2016 or later models with WebOS 3.0 and upgradable to the newest version. Follow these steps to get and watch Disney+ on LG Smart TV:
- First, head to the Disney Plus website and create your account.
- Open your LG Smart TV and make sure that it is connected to the internet.
- Now select the “LG Content Store” option from the home screen.
- At the top of the screen, the search box will appear. Enter Disney+ and install the app.
- Once the Disney+ app is installed, it will appear on your home screen.
- Now press the Disney Plus icon in the LG Home Launcher.
- Sign-in and start binging your favorite TV shows and movies.
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on a Sony Smart TV?
If you own a Sony Smart TV 2016 or later model, you can download the Disney+ app either through Sony Select or Google Play Store (depends on whichever OS is available on your TV). Follow these steps to watch Disney+ on a Sony Smart TV:
- Subscribe for Disney+.
- Open your Sony Smart TV and connect to the internet.
- Launch Sony Select or Google Play Store on your smart TV home screen.
- Now with the help of a remote, type Disney+ in the search box.
- Select the Disney+ app and then press “install” via using the remote.
- Now once the installation is complete, the Disney+ icon will appear on your home screen.
- Open the Disney Plus app > login to your account and start watching!
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on a Philips Smart TV?
Since most of the Philips Smart TVs come with Android OS, you can download the app via Google Play Store. Here is how you can get and watch Disney+ on Philips Smart TV:
- Subscribe for Disney+.
- Open your Smart TV and connect to the internet.
- From the home screen, head to Google Play Store and open it.
- Search for the Disney+ app and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, the Disney+ app icon will appear on the home screen.
- Sign-in and enjoy watching your favorite content.
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on a Panasonic Smart TV?
Unfortunately, the Disney+ app is not officially available on Panasonic Smart TVs. According to the official statement by Panasonic representatives: “Panasonic recognizes the importance of supporting popular video-on-demand services, and we are continuously working to provide native support on our televisions where possible.”
However, there is no specific date revealed by the company. Until then, users can watch Disney+ through a web browser or Smart TV sticks like Amazon Firestick and Roku.
How to Get and Watch Disney+ If I Don’t Have a Smart TV?
Those who don’t have the Smart TV can access Disney+ through smart TV sticks like Amazon Firestick and Roku devices. These stick devices come with easy to use built-in software, and you can plug them with your TV and then set up with the help of internet. Also, these devices come with pre-installed streaming apps, including Disney+, Netflix, or you can simply download them via their App Store.
How to Get and Watch Disney+ on a Smart TV in an Unsupported Country?
If you are not residing in any of the mentioned above Disney+ countries, then the only way to access your smart TV is through a VPN. All you need to set up a Smart DNS (I highly recommend ExpressVPN) and connect to the same internet with your TV and voila! Now you can watch Disney Plus on your smart TV from anywhere abroad.
How To Get and Watch Disney+ in an Unsupported Location If I Don’t Have a Smart TV?
You can stream Disney+ with the help of Amazon Firestick or Roku device. I highly recommend using Amazon Firestick because it supports VPN apps and can be easily installed and use to access Disney Plus on your TV outside of the USA or from unsupported Disney+ countries.
Why Will You Need to Set Up A VPN to Access Disney+ Outside of USA or in Unsupported Countries?
In simple words, Disney+ blocks all the users who are trying to access content from a country or location where it is not available by tracking their local IP address that is provided by the internet service they are using. This happens because of content distribution policies that are set by content producers.
But thanks to a VPN service as it can allow users to access Disney+ from unsupported countries by spoofing their local IP address with the one where the service is available such as the USA. So when you connect to a USA server with the help of a VPN or using its Smart DNS feature, it tricks the Disney+ that you are residing somewhere in the USA and thus allows you to access all your favorite content.
Watching Disney+ on TV is possible now. It does not matter whether you own a smart TV or not. All you need to do is to follow the mentioned above steps based on models and brands you own and the viola!
However, if you are residing outside Disney+ countries, then you need to set up a VPN with your TV to access the content as it is geo-restricted and not available in every location. I highly recommend ExpressVPN as its smart DNS feature is very simple to set up with TV and TV stick devices, and it is one of the best working Disney+ VPN to access from anywhere abroad.
If you still have queries, you can ask me by mentioning your comment below. Happy Binging!