Do you want to enjoy HBO Max on your smart TV? Then you will need to get familiar with Google Chromecast to enjoy the infamous Friends: The Reunion, The Climb, Velma, Batwoman Season 3, The Suicide Squad, and other amazing HBO Max content in 4K on the big screen.
This guide will lead you through the whole process of casting HBO Max from different devices with Chromecast.
How to Cast HBO Max to TV
Casting HBO Max on TV is easy, and there are multiple steps via which you can cast the infamous streaming service on your TV, which are as follows:
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Phone/Tablet
Casting HBO Max from your phone to TV is very straightforward. Chromecast is built-in on iOS (minimum 7.0 version), Android (minimum 2.3 version/Gingerbread), and Android TV.
- Launch the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Click on the Chromecast icon () within the HBO Max app.
- Now select the Chromecast device you want to cast it to and start streaming!
If your TV does not support Chromecast directly, you require a Chromecast device to connect with your TV to cast HBO Max.
Setup Chromecast on Smart TV with Android and iOS Mobile Devices
Here are the prerequisite of setting up a Chromecast device on TV with a mobile device:
- Smart TV with an HDMI input
- Google Chromecast device
- Android Phone/Tablet
Note: Make sure all the devices are connected to the same stable Wi-Fi network.
Follow the step to Chromecast HBO Max on TV with smartphones:
- Get a Chromecast device and connect it with the TV via HDMI cable.
- You will see a “Welcome Chromecast” sign with a number on your TV.
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device > login with your Google account > Create ‘home.’
- All the devices connected with your Wi-Fi will start showing on your Google Home app > Select the Chromecast number that appears on your TV screen.
That’s it. The Chromecast setup on the mobile device is completed.
Now, learn how to cast HBO Max on TV from your mobile device,
- Open the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Choose a movie or TV show to watch and tap the Google cast button ( ) on the top right corner.
- Select your TV from the connected devices list and start streaming HBO Max in Ultra HD.
Note: Make sure to connect mobile and TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Computer/Laptop
Here is the process of casting HBO Max on TV by using a computer or laptop.
- Set up and Connect the Chromecast device to the TV (Use the above method).
- Open HBO Max on Chrome browser and choose a title to watch.
- Start streaming, and you will see the Google Cast button () appear in the bottom right corner of the HBO Max video player.
- Click the Google Cast Button, select your TV from the list of connected devices on the same Wi-Fi, and start watching HBO Max content on TV.
HBO Max Chromecast Not Connecting Probable Issues
HBO Max and Chromecast devices are bound to run into multiple issues related to connections, these issues are as follows:
- HBO Max servers are down
- Mobile devices and Chromecast devices are not on the same internet connection.
- Rename your Chromecast device for easy detection
- The HBO Max account needs to be updated
- Compromised internet connection
- Cache and Data need clearance
- Your Chromecast device requires an update
How to Cast HBO Max on TV outside the US
Currently, HBO Max is not available anywhere outside the US. To watch HBO Max abroad, you will need a premium VPN to bypass geo-restriction.
Follow the process to watch HBO Max on TV with Chromecast outside the US and anywhere in the world:
- Get a premium VPN provider (we recommended ExpressVPN for HBO Max).
- Download the VPN app on your mobile device or computer (whichever device you are using for HBO Max casting).
- Open the VPN app and connect with the US server from the list.
- Go to your Smart TV app store > Download ExpressVPN > Sign in with your credentials > Connect with the US server.
- Setup Chromecast on your mobile device and TV (make sure all devices are connected with the same Wi-Fi).
- Open the HBO Max app on mobile/computer > Select a title > Click the Google Cast button () > Start streaming HBO Max on TV outside the US.
Note: Watching HBO Max on Chromecast isn’t the only thing ExpressVPN lets you do. You will also be able to watch HBO Max in countries where the service is blocked. By using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN, you can easily unblock HBO Max in Germany.
Alternative to HBO Max Chromecast on TV
Chromecast is one of the easiest and standard methods to stream HBO max on TV, but it is not the only option for watching your HBO titles like Selena + Chef and The Last of Us on HBO Max.
Here are a few alternatives for watching HBO Max on TV without Chromecast:
- AirPlay – Stream HBO Max from iPhone/ iPad to Apple TV
- HDMI Cable – Physically connect your laptop or computer to TV
- TV-Supported Devices: Watch directly on TV with the HBO Max app on the following TV-supported devices such as: Android TV, Apple TV and Samsung TV (2016 or later models)
Can you Chromecast HBO Max?
Does HBO work with Chromecast?
Why is my Chromecast not connecting?
If you came this far, I hope you get the idea of setting up HBO Max Chromecast to watch on TV. So, take out some snacks, dim the lights, and watch HBO Max content on the big screen.