Do you want to enjoy HBO Max on your smart TV? Then you will need to get familiar with Google Chromecast to enjoy the infamous Friends: The Reunion, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Godzilla vs Kong, Batwoman Season 3, The Suicide Squad 2021 and other amazing HBO Max content in 4K on the big screen.
This guide will lead you through the whole process of casting HBO Max from different devices with Chromecast.
How to Cast HBO Max to TV
Casting HBO Max on TV is easy, and there are multiple steps via which you can cast the infamous streaming service on your TV which are as follows:
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Phone/Tablet
Casting HBO Max from your phone to TV is very straightforward. Chromecast is built-in on iOS (minimum 7.0 version), Android (minimum 2.3 version/Gingerbread), and Android TV.
- Launch the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Click on the Chromecast icon () within the HBO Max app.
- Now select the Chromecast device you want to cast it to and start streaming!
In case your TV does not support Chromecast directly, then you require a Chromecast device to connect with your TV to cast HBO Max.
Setup Chromecast on Smart TV with Android and iOS Mobile Devices
Here are the prerequisite of setting up a Chromecast device on TV with a mobile device:
- Smart TV with an HDMI input
- Google Chromecast device
- Android Phone/Tablet
Note: Make sure all the devices are connected to the same stable Wi-Fi network.
Follow the step to Chromecast HBO Max on TV with smartphones:
- Get a Chromecast device and connect it with the TV via HDMI cable.
- You will see a “Welcome Chromecast” sign with a number on your TV.
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile device > login with your Google account > Create ‘home.’
- All the devices connected with your Wi-Fi will start showing on your Google Home app > Select the Chromecast number that appears on your TV screen.
That’s it. The Chromecast setup on the mobile device is completed.
Now, learn how to cast HBO Max on TV from your mobile device,
- Open the HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Choose a movie or TV show to watch and tap the Google cast button ( ) on the top right corner.
- Select your TV from the connected devices list and start streaming HBO Max in Ultra HD.
Note: Make sure to connect mobile and TV with the same Wi-Fi network.
Watch HBO Max with Chromecast by using Your Computer/Laptop
Here is the process of casting HBO Max on TV by using a computer or laptop.
- Set up and Connect Chromecast device to TV (Use the method mentioned above).
- Open HBO Max on Chrome browser and choose a title to watch.
- Start streaming, and you will see the Google Cast button () appear on the bottom right corner of the HBO Max video player.
- Click the Google Cast Button, select your TV from the list of connected devices on the same Wi-Fi, and start watching HBO Max content on TV.
HBO Max Chromecast Not Connecting Probable Issues
HBO Max and Chromecast devices are bound to run into multiple issues related to connections, these issues are as follows:
- HBO Max servers are down
- Mobile devices and Chromecast devices are not on the same internet connection
- Rename your Chromecast device for easy detection
- HBO Max account needs to be updated
- Compromised internet connection
- Cache and Data need clearance
- Your Chromecast device requires an update
Alternative to HBO Max Chromecast on TV
Chromecast is one of the easiest and standard methods to stream HBO max on TV, but it is not the only option of watching your HBO titles on TV in Ultra HD.
Here are few alternatives of watching HBO Max on TV without Chromecast:
AirPlay – Stream HBO Max from iPhone/ iPad to Apple TV
HDMI Cable – Physically connect your laptop or computer with TV
TV Supported Devices: Watch directly on TV with the HBO Max app on the following TV supported devices such as:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV (2016 or later models)
Stream The Suicide Squad 2021 on HBO Max Chromecast
The DC universe is back in action with another major title, The Suicide Squad 2021 which is streaming on HBO Max exclusively for 29 DAYS ONLY! You can be the first one to watch in on Chromecast with the help of ExpressVPN if you reside outside of US. The film is a star-studded affair which includes names like, Margot Robbie, John Cena, Idris Elba and Viola Davis.
Can you Chromecast HBO Max?
Does HBO work with Chromecast?
Why is Chromecast not working?
If you came this far, then I hope you get the idea of how to set up HBO Max Chromecast to watch on TV. So, take out some snacks, dim the lights and start watching HBO Max content on the big screen.