You can watch live and most heart-racing sports on Sky Sports in India with the help of ExpressVPN. The service is geo-blocked in India due to content licensing agreements. But, not to worry anymore! As we’re providing you with easy and quick steps on how to watch Sky Sports in India in 2023.
Is Sky Sports available in India? No, Sky Sports is only available in UK and Ireland. However, using a reliable VPN, you can get a UK IP address and unblock Sky Sports in India.
Since 1991, Sky Sports has been crucial in introducing commercialization in UK sports, including Formula 1 2023, Boxing, Elite Ice League, and many more. If you are a sports enthusiast, streaming sports events through Sky Sports is the best option as you don’t have to subscribe to multiple live-streaming services.
One of the biggest events of this year, the Women’s Worldcup 2023 is upon us. You can watch the tournament while also learning about the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Schedule, FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Venues and Stadiums, and FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Squads.
Don’t know how to use a VPN? Let us help you. Follow these easy steps to stream Sky Sports for free in India online via a VPN.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock Sky Sports in India?
You cannot watch Sky Sports in India due to licensing rights, so you need a VPN to get around the geo-restrictions. In case you try to access Sky Sports in India without a VPN, you will see the following error message:
“Sorry! The video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location”
A VPN can connect your streaming device to a UK server so you can seamlessly unblock Sky Sports streaming service in India. You can use a VPN whenever you want to unblock any geo-blocked website.
Getting sky Sports in India is super quick, you just need to choose the best VPN for Sky Sports because not all of them work consistently in India. We highly recommend getting ExpressVPN as it offers 4 UK servers in 3 cities.
What are the Best VPNs to Watch Sky Sports in India?
Based on extensive testing of 50+ VPNs, we found the 3 best Sky Sports VPNs to stream Sky Sports free online in 2023. They offer reliable, fast, and smooth streaming every time with no buffering and exceptional video quality.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch Sky Sports in India
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock Sky Sports online in India because of its high-speed servers that provide a downloading speed of 89.38 Mbps.
It offers 4 UK servers in 3 cities to help you effortlessly unblock Sky Sports in India. It also offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries to help you watch other geo-restricted channels too!
When it comes to unblocking Sky Sports, ExpressVPN is a perfect choice. It offers a downloading speed of 89.38 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.66 Mbps. With this speed, you won’t regret watching Tenplay, Channel 5, and BBC iPlayer in India.
ExpressVPN has a MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) option that allows the provider to connect to any services that don’t have a specific VPN app. Moreover you can also watch BT Sport in India with ExpressVPN.
It offers support for Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows. Moreover, ExpressVPN is compatible with PC, PlayStation, Firestick, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, and Smart TV. With ExpressVPN you can easily stream British TV channels on these devices easily.
It offers five simultaneous connections. It offers several features such as Lightway Protocol, Split Tunneling, Trusted Server Technology, AES 256-Bit Encryption, and Automated Kill Switch. With these Features of ExpressVPN, you can not only watch Sky Sports but you can watch movies and shows on different streaming channels like 90 Day: The Last Resort on Freeve etc and can also unblock Netflix UK and ITV in India without any issues.
If we talk about pricing, ExpressVPN is quite affordable. The yearly package only costs IN₹554.15/mo (US$6.67/mo) (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan) and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Multiple device compatibility (desktop, android, iOS, routers)
- Excellent user interface
- Fast speed connections
- Expansive server selection
- Only 5 simultaneous connections are allowed.
- Slightly expensive as compared to other VPN providers.
- Brace yourselves for the Asia Cup 2023 a cricket extravaganza that will set the stage on fire! From the much-anticipated clash betwee Pakistan vs Nepal Asia to the electrifying face-off betwee Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka the Asia Cup promises to be a whirlwind of sporting brilliance Asia Cup Opening Ceremony 2023, twhere the excitement will kick off in style.
2. Surfshark – Pocket-friendly VPN to Watch Sky Sports in India
Surfshark is the most affordable VPN to get Sky Sports. It only cost IN₹206.87/mo (US$2.49/mo) (83% Off on 2 Years Plan), which is super affordable.
It also offers 3200+ servers in 65+ countries to help you get Sky Sports stream in India.
We tested Surfshark’s UK servers and found the London server to be the fastest and the Manchester server to be the slowest; the latter should be avoided at any cost!
When tested on a 100 Mbps connection, Surfshark provided us with a fast downloading speed of 88.14 Mbps and an uploading speed of 83.72 Mbps.
Surfshark provides military-grade AES-256 encryption, VPN Kill Switch, Clean Web, Bypasser, and Camouflage Mode, these features make it one of the best VPNs for streaming sports.
The best part of all: streamers enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription. As it provides unlimited simultaneous connection so you can watch ABC iView on one device Sky Go on second device, Stan on third and Channel 4 on fourth device.
Moreover, Surfshark supports Linux, Windows, Routers, Android, iOS, macOS, and gaming consoles. It is also compatible with streaming devices such as PlayStation, Roku, Xbox, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Wi-Fi routers.
- Most affordable service with premium options like unlimited logins
- Multi-Hop connectivity
- Compatible with all streaming devices
- Few servers show slow connection speeds
- Connection may break while streaming
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to Watch Sky Sports in India
NordVPN is the most user-friendly VPN for streaming Sky Sports. It offers 59+ countries, ensuring you can enjoy your favorite sports on Sky Sports.
It offers 440+ UK servers for unmatched streaming performance. Aside from Sky Sports, you can also watch Viaplay in India
This VPN provides the fastest server connection without negatively affecting your internet speed, ensuring you can enjoy Sky Sports without interruptions. A 100 Mbps connection gave us a download speed of 86.49 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps.
NordVPN speed test results on 100 Mbps internet connections
You can connect to a server manually or let the service provide you with the best server for enjoying Sky Sports with exceptional video playback quality and zero buffering. NordVPN is affordable too. It costs only IN₹273.34/mo (US$3.29/mo) (Save 60% on 2-year plan) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Impressive server park
- More than 96% of the servers work with Sky Sports
- Speciality servers
- Fastest server connection speed
- Complicated Windows app
Where can I Watch Sky Sports in India Without Cable?
You can get Sky Sports in India subscription with the Sky TV membership, Now TV package, or as an add-on with other streaming providers, including BT TV and Virgin Media.
The British resident can easily get a Sky TV subscription and download the Sky Go app. Otherwise, in India you can watch Sky Sports for free without a cable tv using the NOW TV after connecting to ExpressVPN UK server.
- NOW TV is Online streaming platform of Sky and offers 11 Sky Sports channels Live streaming on iOS and Android devices. It doesn’t require cable tv subscription.
- Sky Go is a free streaming service available in UK customers of Sky TV customers. Using a premium VPN and your Sky TV subscription, you can watch Live matches online even of you are not in the UK.
- Virgin TV Go is only accessible to UK residents and free of cost for Virgin TV users. However using a powerful VPN provider can get around the geo-restrictions and unblock it in India.
- DirecTV: You can also watch sports from Sky Sports via DirecTV stream.
- Peacock TV: Viewers can also stream Sky channels, including Sky Sports on Peacock TV.
Is Sky Sports free with these streaming services? Yes! If the service is free-to-watch or you’re already a member of it, you can enjoy Sky Sports for free online.
What Sports to Watch on Sky Sports in India in 2023?
If you don’t have access to Sky Sport, you miss out on NBA, NFL, and much more. Here is the complete list of the events you can watch on Sky Sports.
What are Compatible Devices to Watch Sky Sports in India?
Here is the list of all devices that is compatible with a VPN and the Sky Sports app as well:
What is the Sky Sports Cost in India?
Is Sky Sports Now free? No, Sky Sports Now is not free. However, you don’t need to buy its subscription if you want to stream it via cable TV subscription.
- For Sports Now membership, you have to pay costs US$ 42.38 (£34.99)/month + a 7-day boost free-trial (new payment cost from Feb 28th). It allows you to stream unlimited sports on 11 sports channels on up to 3 devices simultaneously.
- You may purchase a one-day membership for US$ 14.51 (£11.98) per day + mobile month membership, which grants you access to 5 channels, including Sports channels on Sky.
The cheapest way to get Sky Sports is through NOW TV. It is the best Sky Sports package, and you can even cancel Sky Sports subscription anytime. Moreover, to get Sky Sports subscription in India, you’ll require a VPN.
Why is Sky Sports Not Working With a VPN?
If your Sky Sports showing errors even when connected with a VPN, you should try switching your server location and re-load the page again. If the issue persists, check the below-mentioned trouble-shoot steps to fix Sky Sports:
- Clear all the browser cache and cookies and try connecting again.
- Get a reliable VPN only. You might be using a free or non-reliable VPN source.
- Try changing your browser.
- Turn off your router and re-connect to the UK server.
- Talk to the VPN provider’s customer team and ask for a solution.
What’s New to Watch on Sky Sports in July 2023?
We have mentioned below the latest popular sporting events that you can watch in July 2023:
- Netball World Cup 2023
- Amundi Evian Championship 2023
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Schedule
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Venues and Stadiums
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Squads
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Opening Ceremony
- 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifier
- Coral Eclipse 2023
- Genesis Scottish Open
- Kaulig Companies Championship
- Women’s World Cup
How is Sky Sports blocking access in India?
This is why changing the IP address by connecting to the best VPN for Sky Sports is the most effective way to enjoy Sky Sports in India.
Does Sky block VPN?
What app has Sky Sports?
Can you watch Sky Sports in India in HD?
- For BT Sport Subscribers: You can watch Sky Sports in HD for extra monthly fees
- For Sky Sport Subscribers: You can watch Sky Sports in HD if you have already bought the Box Bundle Plan. But you can get Sky Sports in HD or 4K if you have Sky Q 2TB box.
- For Now TV Subscribers: You can watch Sky Sports in HD depending on your internet speed.
Can I cancel Sky Sports anytime in India?
Can I get Sky Sports in India for 1 month?
How can I watch sky Sports free?
This wrap ups our Sky Sports in India guide. In short you can easily watch Sky Sports in India with a UK IP address using a premium VPN. We have mentioned which VPNs are the best for accessing Sky Sports Live streaming free in India.
So, Sky Sports users are now able to continue watching international sports while traveling to in India. For best performance, we recommend getting ExpressVPN because it offers 4 UK servers in 3 cities and super fast speed. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, and we will reach out to you!