Wondering how to get American Netflix on Smart TV? Don’t overthink because the solution is right here in this blog.
We all know how strict Netflix is in preserving its content and maintaining its geo-restrictions region wise. But that’s because that library does not have the rights to stream elsewhere. Hence they are well guarded behind the restriction wall.
But there is a way to break it. And that’s through a VPN. Our best choice is ExpressVPN because it is well equipped in breaking Netflix’s restrictive barrier on any device possible.
Right now, we are talking about Smart TV, and that too has numerous kinds based on the companies and software. Hence each company like Samsung, LG, or Android TV follows a different VPN installation method to stream American Netflix. We will guide you all on how to do so; read along.
How to get American Netflix on Smart TV via VPN (Quick Steps)
The following are the methods that you have to follow to get American Netflix on all sorts of Smart TVs.
How to get American Netflix on Android Smart TV via VPN
The best part about having a Smart TV with an Android system is that they already have a VPN app available in their store. That makes the VPN installation process a piece of cake as compared to other software.
Let’s dive in and find out how we can activate a VPN on your Android Smart TV.
- First, subscribe to ExpressVPN on your PC.
- On your Android TV, visit the Google Play store and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Sign in using the credentials you made earlier.
- Connect to a server from the US.
- Press the home button and launch the Netflix app.
- You can now enjoy the complete American Netflix catalog.
Activate Smart DNS via ExpressVPN
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN via their website.
- Visit My Account.
- At the bottom of the page, find the Smart DNS Activate button and click on it.
- You will now receive a confirmation email.
- Smart DNS is activated; now, it’s time to set them up on your TV.
How to get American Netflix on Samsung Smart TV via Smart DNS
- Launch your Samsung Smart TV and go to Menu.
- From the Menu bar, select Network, then Network Status.
- Scroll down and select IP Settings.
- Select the DNS setting and manually enter your Smart DNS address, which you can find on your ExpressVPN profile page after you activated the Smart DNS service.
- Smart DNS is configured on your Samsung Smart TV; you can now successfully stream American Netflix.
How to get American Netflix on LG Smart TV via Smart DNS
- Turn on your LG Smart TV and go to Network Settings.
- Click on the Wi-fi connection tab, then Advanced Wifi settings and Edit.
- Now, un-check Set Automatically and enter one of the two DNS addresses from your ExpressVPN page.
- Enter the address and connect until you get the notification, which says, “Connected to the Internet.”
- You successfully set up the Smart DNS on your LG Smart TV.
All left to do is get your Netflix from the app store and sign in using your credentials, opening up a giant American Netflix catalog for yourself.
Best VPNs to get American Netflix on Smart TV
To ensure a smooth streaming process, you must invest in a useful Netflix VPN that will unblock any library you want from anywhere. Hence Screenbinge experimented with 50+ VPN providers and selected the following 3 to be the best Netflix VPN of all times.
The top 3 VPN are as follows:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get American Netflix on Smart TV. Unblocking American Netflix from abroad is no joke, and only the strongest VPN are capable of doing so, and ExpressVPN qualifies amongst them.
Its large server bank of over 3000+ servers in 90+ countries is responsible for this and the fact that you can find ExpressVPN on almost every device and software. For some exceptional cases like for Smart TV, Apple TV, PS4, and Xbox, ExpressVPN has Media Streamer (Smart DNS)
ExpressVPN offers up to 5 simultaneous connections with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to watch American Netflix on Smart TV. It is one of the few VPNs that can bypass Netflix’s strong geo-restrictions from anywhere on any device. It’s 1700+ servers in over 60 countries make this task possible for them.
Surfshark offers apps across all compatible devices, and those without it have the option of a Smart DNS to connect to a VPN. These devices include Smart TV, Apple TV, and gaming consoles like PS4 and Xbox.
It offers unlimited connections per account, making it the only VPN provider to do so. Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPN, and with a cheap price tag, it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PureVPN is a reliable VPN to watch American Netflix on Smart TV. PureVPN provides an exquisite streaming experience through its dedicated stream mode. It prevents any buffering or lag in the quality and provides a speedy connection on any device.
It has over 2000 servers in 140+ countries and a super compatible app for all devices. In contrast, you can connect other devices through a Smart DNS connection.
PureVPN packages come at a reasonable price with a 31-day money-back guarantee and simultaneously offer connections on up to 10 devices.
How do I change my Netflix region on my smart TV?
With the help of a VPN. Just connect your TV with a VPN through the app directly or through Smart DNS, depending on the OS. And once that’s done, just log in on Netflix and enjoy.
How do I get US Netflix on my UK Smart TV?
Connect your TV with a VPN. On your VPN, change your Netflix region to the US and launch Netflix to enjoy all your favorite American shows and movies.
How do I get my Netflix on my smart TV?
Smart TV has a dedicated app for Netflix on their app stores. Just navigate through the app, find Netflix, and install it.
How can I get American Netflix in Australia on my TV?
Install a VPN. If you own a smart TV, get a VPN through Smart DNS, and change your location from Australia to America. If you own a regular flatscreen, get a streaming device for this purpose.