Three of Chris Noth’s co-stars from “Sex & The City” have stepped up to support the victims of an alleged sex assault – Noth has vehemently denied the allegations.
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon have conjointly stated that they “support the women:” who have blamed Chris Noth of sexual assault.
A tweet was shared by Kristin Davis:
— Kristin Davis (@KristinDavis) December 21, 2021
“We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,” the actresses stated in a joint statement shared on social media on Monday. The statement further read, “We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
As revealed in a report published last week, two women accused Noth of sexually assaulting them, both sharing the same explanations to The Hollywood Reporter. As per one woman, who spoke using the alias Zoe, she was allegedly raped by the veteran actor in a Los Angeles flat in 2004. She stated that they both met at a prestigious firm in L.A. with connections to figures like Noth.
The second woman, under the pen name Lily, claimed that she was invited by the superstar to his New York City flat in 2015 after the duo went out on a dinner date. Lily, 25 at the time, stated she met the star during the shooting of And Just Like That on the HBO Max set while working as a waitress at a local club.
Have some thoughts to share?
However, Noth repudiated the accusations and labeled both situations “consensual.”
“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” Noth stated. “These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”
A third woman, on Friday, raised her voice and accused Noth of sexual assault. In a story circulated by the Daily Beast, a woman who demanded to stay anonymous and using the alias, Ava, told the news website that Noth sexually assaulted her in 2010 when she was 18 and working at a New York City restaurant.
Although, The Good Wife alum also repudiated the claim of the third woman stating, “The story is a complete fabrication, and the alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction,” a rep for Noth said. “As Chris stated yesterday, he has and would never cross that line.”
On Monday, CBS and Universal Television stated that they have dropped Noth from the cast of The Equalizer after the allegations. Noth will be featured in the next episode that has already been produced, as well as future repeats of the episodes that have already been released.
Not just that, following the news of the allegations, the talent agency of Noth also parted ways with him. The news was confirmed by PEOPLE last Friday stating that A3 Artists Agency dropped him.