Wondering how to get Hulu on Smart TV in Canada? Lucky for you that you stumbled upon this blog as this is the ultimate guide on how you can watch Hulu on TV, and not just any TV; we have covered all the possible brands that we can think of.
From Android to Samsung Smart to LG TV and even Vizio, we have covered them all. But there is a catch, Hulu can only be accessed internationally via a VPN. Thankfully, we will walk you through that process too on how to activate a VPN on your TV, as VPNs do not offer a direct application for various TV systems.
So without further wait, let’s dive in and get Hulu on Smart TV using a VPN.
How to Watch Hulu on Smart TV with a VPN in Canada
Mentioned below are the steps to get Hulu on Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, and LG TV, so continue reading:
Activate MediaStreamer on ExpressVPN
You can get ExpressVPN on unavailable devices via Media Streamer, which is as follows:
- Visit the ExpressVPN Smart DNS page and sign in.
- Enter the verification code that you received via email.
- Register your IP address by selecting the option.
- Visit the ExpressVPN Setup Page and retrieve the IP address that you will need later.
How to Get Hulu on Samsung Smart TV with a VPN in Canada
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and go to Menu.
- Select Network and then Network Status.
- Connect your TV to the internet and select IP Settings.
- Select DNS settings, and enter your IP addresses from before manually.
- Congratulations, you have successfully connected the VPN to your TV.
All left to do now for you is to get the Hulu app on your TV and start streaming from Canada!
How to Watch Hulu on LG TV via VPN in Canada
- Launch your LG Smart TV and visit Advanced settings.
- Go to Network and select your internet connection.
- Edit and uncheck the box for “Set Automatically.”
- Enter the IP addresses from before and configure your LG TV.
- Voila! You have ExpressVPN on your TV, now visit the app store.
- Download Hulu and start streaming from Canada smoothly!
Best VPN to Stream Hulu on Smart TV from Canada
Hulu is a geo-restricted premium service that requires the best providers to unblock it on any compatible device. Hence with our testing of over 50+ VPNs, we came out with only the 7 best Hulu VPNs, which are notably the best ones to add Hulu to Smart TV. They are as follows:
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN to Stream Hulu on Smart TV
The best VPN of the lot, ExpressVPN, offers a significant number of servers, with 3000+ servers on its radar of over 90 countries. It is one of the most premium VPNs, which conveniently unblocks Hulu and other geo-restricted streaming services from Canada.
Its MediaStreamer service allows users to get a VPN on devices that are not available, like Hulu on Roku, PS4 & PS5, and more. It offers 5 simultaneous connections per account and offers a great package of 12 + 3 months free on their yearly plan, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Surfshark: Most Affordable VPN
Surfshark is the most pocket-friendly VPN out there; it has over 3200+ servers to access blocked streaming services like Hulu on Apple TV, US Netflix, HBO Max, and more. Its SmartDNS services allow you to enable a VPN setup on any device where it is not available.
Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connection per account, making it so unique. Despite the low price tag, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its price plans and packages.
3. NordVPN: Most Reliable VPN
Next in line is NordVPN, which offers 5500+ servers in over 50 countries, making it the most “out there” VPN to get Hulu or any other blocked streaming service on Smart TV. It also offers the feature of SmartDNS, which lets you get services on devices where it was not available otherwise.
It allows 6 simultaneous connections per account, and NordVPN offers a pretty affordable price tag as well, and despite that comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its packages as well.
What to Do If You Don’t Have A Smart TV?
There are various ways through which you can watch Hulu on TV; it is okay if you do not own a Smart TV; there are various other options out there which are as follows:
- Amazon Firestick
- HDMI Cable
These external streaming devices are another way for you to stream Hulu on TV without having a Smart TV. These are convenient and cost-efficient alternatives for you to try out.
How do I add Hulu to my TV in Canada?
If you have a regular flat-screen TV, then you can use one of the external streaming devices and connect it to your TV, or you can stream Hulu on your laptop and connect it to your TV via an HDMI cable.
Why can’t I get Hulu live on my smart TV in Canada?
Because you are residing in a geo-restricted region i.e. Canada where Hulu is not available, subscribe to ExpressVPN and via MediaStreamer, activate the VPN on your Smart TV, and stream Hulu Live TV on Smart TV.
What Smart TVs have Hulu?
You can find Hulu on the following Smart TVs:
- Apple TV (3rd generation)
- Roku and Roku Stick (select models)
- LG TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- Sony TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- VIZIO TVs (selected models)
Does Hulu require a smart TV?
No, you can get Hulu on a regular TV and use various external streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Firestick, or even just an HDMI cable.
Check this guide if Hulu is not working on Roku.
How to add the Hulu app to a Vizio Smart TV?
Subscribe to ExpressVPN, connect your Vizio Smart TV to the VPN via MediaStreamer. Now visit the app store and download the Hulu App for Smart TV and start streaming.