Want to know how to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia? Wait no more, because we are here to tell you exactly how you can do so.
US Netflix has the best library of them all, and people from all over the world, including Australia, want to watch all the trending shows on their Smart TV, but don’t know how to do so.
Naturally, if you live in Australia, you may only get to see Netflix Australia in your region, but a quick VPN set up can help you get the local US Netflix library within a few minutes. It’s all perfectly legal and safe, read along and find out how you can do so.
How to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia (Easy Steps)
Smart TV does not have access to a VPN app, but alternative methods can let you add the feature on your Smart TV and let you run American Netflix in Australia.
Activate SmartDNS via ExpressVPN
- Subscribe to a VPN service that works with US Netflix. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Look for the SmartDNS option on the website.
- Scroll down and click Activate.
- Verify your original IP address and select Activate.
- Once the process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. (Make sure you select the US in the county)
- You now have SmartDNS. It’s time to add it to your Smart TV.
Set-Up SmartDNS on Samsung Smart TV and watch American Netflix in Australia
- Switch on your Smart TV and open Menu.
- Select Network and then the Network Status option.
- At the bottom of the Network Statues, click on IP Settings.
- Go to DNS Settings, click on it, and select Enter Manually.
- Now enter the SmartDNS address you just made on the ExpressVPN website.
- Congratulations! Your SmartDNS is activated on your Smart TV.
All left to do now is launch the Netflix app, and you will automatically see all the American Netflix titles on your screen in Australia.
Set-Up SmartDNS on LG Smart TV and watch American Netflix in Australia
- Switch on your LG Smart TV and go to Network settings.
- Select your internet connection type, Wi-fi, or Ethernet.
- Click on the Advanced Settings.
- Click on Edit and uncheck Set Automatically.
- Manually enter your SmartDNS address from the ExpressVPN website and Enter.
- Connect it and wait for the connection to succeed.
- Voila! You now have SmartDNS on your LG Smart TV.
- Sign in to your Netflix account to enjoy the vast American library in Australia on your LG Smart TV.
Best VPNs to watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia
After testing over 50 VPN, we at ScreenBinge came up with the best three VPN that will fulfill all the requirements and are the best amongst the lot; they are as follows:
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia. It strongly bypasses all the filters and restrictions Netflix has on its regional content without detection. And the 3000+ server bank makes it even easier for it to cross the geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN does not compromise your streaming quality through its unlimited bandwidth so that you can binge-watch all your shows on Smart TV and popular networks like BBC in Australia in HD quality. It allows up to 5 multi-logins per account and grants a 30-day money-back guarantee on their packages.
It is available on all mainstream software and devices, including streaming devices.
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia. It has over 3200 servers with hundreds in the USA, which makes getting American Netflix in Australia a piece of cake.
Through Surfshark’s SmartDNS service, you can connect a VPN on Apple TV conveniently. It comes with the most affordable price package and unlimited simultaneous connection per account, making it the only one of its kind to do so.
Surfshark is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, gaming consoles, and all TV and external streaming devices.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN to get American Netflix on Smart TV in Australia. This majorly has to do with a 5400+ server count in over 59 countries while you will find numerous of them in the USA. The more the servers, the faster the connection and streaming speed.
NordVPN offers Smart DNS technology that allows devices like Smart TV to get the taste of a VPN, even if they do not have an app available on the system. Moreover, it will enable 6 simultaneous connections per account and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can find NordVPN on all the top software and devices, including gaming consoles like Xbox and PS4 or PS5.
How do I get Netflix USA in Australia?
Through a VPN! Just subscribe to one, and select a server from the US. Now log in to your Netflix account and enjoy Netflix USA in Australia.
How do I change my Netflix region on my smart TV?
Through a VPN. Connect your Smart TV with a virtual VPN router or SmartDNS services and change the region depending on the country of your choice. Now launch Netflix and enjoy.
Is it illegal to watch American Netflix in Australia?
No, there are no laws that prevent you from using a VPN to watch American Netflix in Australia, nor is it illegal.