Disney+ launched in UK on March 24, 2022. Since then, the service is adding unlimited UK shows, movies, and Disney+ originals for UK viewers. However, to continue watching Disney+ UK titles, whenever you travel, use ExpressVPN; The best VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK in 2023.
Despite having worldwide availability of Disney Plus, its streaming libraries differ country-wise. So, if you’re looking for ways to enjoy different Disney+ libraries in UK, you must get the best VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK. For this purpose, we’re sharing the 5 best VPN providers with which you can never run out of the latest Disney+.
Or even if you’re a frequent traveler and don’t want to skip your favorite Disney+ shows, you’ll need a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN to unblock any Disney title.
Disney+ is available in major regions such as U.S., U.K., Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, India, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Ireland, and Switzerland. So, you can get any Disney+ country library while in UK using a VPN.
ScreenBinge tested 30+ VPN providers to find out the best VPNs to watch Disney+ that consistently unblocks TV series like Wu Tang An American Saga Season 3 and documentaries like Race 2023, PSY Summer Swag 2022, Dr. Romantic Season 3, Going Fur Gold, J-Hope in the Box without any video lags and found out that ExpressVPN has done the job smoothly.
In this guide, you’ll also get answers to your queries like, “Is Disney+ not working with a VPN?” or “How to watch Disney+ in the UK using a VPN?”
Furthermore, not all VPNs work with Disney+, this is why choosing the right VPN plays a vital role in unblocking Disney+ from your location. Here is a quick overview of the best VPNs for unblocking and watching Disney+ in 2023:
Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus in UK (2023)
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN to Watch Disney Plus in UK. Offers 3000+ servers in 90+ countries and 300+ servers in Disney+ U.S. locations. Unblocks Disney+ in HD and 4K, five simultaneous connections, and offers a great deal of 12 months + 3 months on their yearly plan and, comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN to watch Disney+ in 2023. It offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries and 1500+ servers in Disney+ locations. Fast servers that reliably unblock Disney+, unlimited simultaneous connections, a 7-day free trial for iOS and Android, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN is the most reliable VPN to unblock Disney Plus from the UK. It offers 5500+ servers in 59 countries and 1000+ servers in Disney+ locations that unblock content in HD. This provider offers six simultaneous connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost VPN provides 6300+ servers in Disney+ locations that allow streaming in HD. Offers 7 simultaneous connections. Available on all devices and software. Offers 45-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish: Reliable VPN with 1600+ servers to watch Disney+ from the UK, and bypass geo-blocking with impressive security features. Offers unlimited simultaneous connections per account. Available on all mainstream devices.
With the help of these VPN providers, you can trick the service and get past Disney Plus Error Code 73 and Fix Error Code 83 as well without a hassle to worry about.
In this guide, I will explain to you why ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Disney+ followed by NordVPN, Surfshark, and others along with 4 easy steps to unblock all your favorite content from the UK.
How to Unblock Disney+ in UK with a VPN [Quick Guide]
To unblock Disney Plus from the UK, follow these 4 easy steps mentioned below:
- Download and sign up for a VPN. (ExpressVPN is the best Disney+ VPN right now).
- Open the VPN app and sign in.
- Now connect to a U.S. server from the list and wait for the process.
- Once you have connected to a U.S. server > Head to Disney Plus website or app and enjoy.
These are the most basic steps for those who already have a Disney+ subscription. If you don’t know how to sign up for Disney+ in the UK without the foreign payment method -> Jump straight to Disney+ Sign Up process.
5 Best VPNs for Disney+ In-depth Analysis 
Want to know, what VPNs work with Disney Plus? Here is an in-depth analysis of the 7 best working VPNs to watch Disney+ in the UK:
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN to Watchbes Disney Plus in UK
ExpressVPN is the best Disney Plus VPN to watch from the UK. It offers 3,000+ servers in 94 countries including 300+ servers in Disney+ US locations, making it the best choice for streaming geo-restricted content, including Disney+.
In terms of speed, it has the fastest servers among all the best VPNs for streaming Disney+. It offers apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Firestick. And also comes with MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) so users can watch Disney Plus on Xbox, on Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, PS4, and PS5, and even stream Disney+ on Nintendo Switch.
Furthermore, it offers five multi-logins on a single account, secure AES 256 encryption, and a kill switch feature. It also offers a great deal of 12 months + 3 months on their yearly plan straight-forward 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: New Jersey-1, New York, and Washington DC One.
As of now, ExpressVPN is working to watch Disney+ from the UK.
2. Surfshark: Pocket-Friendly VPN to Watch Disney+ from the UK
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly and the most premium VPN that works with Disney Plus in the UK. Get your Disney Plus cheap VPN only at GB£1.98/mo (US$2.49/mo) (83% Off on 2 Years Plan).
It offers 3200+ servers in 63+ countries, and 1500+ servers in Disney+ locations, including in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, U.K., Germany, Italy, France.
Surfshark has dedicated apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Firestick, and Linux devices. And also offers a stand-alone smart DNS to stream Disney+ on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, PlayStation, Chromecast, and even routers.
It also has a dedicated page to help unblock Disney+ from the UK. This pocket-friendly VPN gives you unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription. Surfshark has a zero log policy and offers military-grade AES-256 encryption.
Besides Disney+, it also unblocks YouTube TV, US Netflix, Hulu, and many other major streaming services from the UK.
It also offers other notable security features like ad-blocker, malware scanner, split-tunnelling, and obfuscation. And comes with a 7-day free trial (available on iOS and Android), and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended servers: Latham, Boston, Detroit, and Miami.
As of now, Surfshark servers are working to stream Disney+ from the UK.
3. NordVPN: Most Reliable VPN to Watch Disney+ from the UK
NordVPN is the most reliable VPN to unblock Disney+ in the UK. It offers 5,000+ servers in 59 countries, including 1,500+ servers in the U.S., 1000+ servers in Canada, 260+ servers in the Netherlands, 250+ servers in Australia, and 40 servers in New Zealand.
Right now, the Atlanta servers in the U.S. work well to stream Disney+ from the UK, moreover, you can rarely find NordVPN not working with Netflix or any other major streaming service. NordVPN has dedicated apps for all the major platforms such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Smart TVs, and Linux.
With NordVPN, you can use it on six different devices simultaneously on a single subscription. It has an uncompromising zero-log policy and offers top-quality AES-256 encryption to keep your online activities secure from dark online entities. And it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: Chicago, Atlanta, and Denver.
As of now, NordVPN Disney+ U.S. servers consistently work to access from the United Kingdom.
4. CyberGhost: User-Friendly VPN for Disney+
With a huge server count of 6300+ servers in almost 90 countries, CyberGhost is one of the most reliable and user-friendly Disney Plus VPN.
Its high-speed servers won’t make your experience bad and reduce Disney plus buffering issues and other geo-blocked services in unsupported countries.
In short, this provider has the ability to stream your favourite Disney+ content in HD and connect up to seven devices simultaneously on a single subscription.
Further, it offers pre-configured security features that keep your online activities private and provides dedicated apps for all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. And comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Recommended Servers: All U.S. servers that are optimized for Disney+
As of now, multiple CyberGhost VPNs are working with Disney+.
5. IPVanish: Affordable Disney Plus VPN
IPVanish offers 1,600+ servers in 75 countries. With this approach, IPVanish is able to provide extremely fast servers to unblock Disney+ and other geo-restricted streaming services. However, it is not as consistent as other VPN services listed here to unblock Disney+ in unsupported countries.
While using this provider, you can connect unlimited devices simultaneously on a single account. IPVanish also offers the use of its dedicated apps on all major devices including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
Recommended Servers: New York and Chicago.
As of now, IPVanish U.S. servers work to unblock Disney+from the UK.
Also Read: Best Free VPN for Netflix
How to Choose the Best VPN to Watch Disney Plus in UK (Testing Criteria)
Every VPN has some top features that give it an edge over other VPN providers, depending on its intended purpose. Some offer strong online security, and some are known for their unblocking capabilities to stream geo-restricted platforms.
To find out the best VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK, I consider the following factors:
- A VPN that works with BBC iPlayer, American Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and top live TV streaming services from the UK
- Does not lower the video quality and allow Disney+ streaming in HD and 4K quality
- Offers consistently fast, dedicated servers for streaming
- Offers affordable plans for binge-watchers
- Provides strong military-grade encryption and uncompromising zero log policy
- Supports all major platforms, including Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, routers, and more
- Offers at least five multi-logins on a single subscription
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock Disney+ in the UK?
Disney+ lacks some of the best shows and movies in the UK due to regional restrictions of the platform. And thus, you’ll require a VPN service to get access to those blocked titles in UK.
Or even if you are currently residing in unsupported country and try to access Disney+, you will see the following error:
“Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code: 83).”
However, thankfully, a compatible VPN can help you access the Disney+ library of your choice regardless of where you are. A VPN replaces your local IP and changes it with the location server where Disney+ is available.
So when you connect to the desired VPN server in UK, it tricks the IP tracking system into thinking that you are currently residing in, for example, the U.S. This allows you to watch your favorite Disney+ TV shows and movies from the UK instantly.
Note: Keep in mind that Disney detects VPNs often. This means not all VPNs work with Disney+ to watch it in the UK. Therefore, after testing, I have created a list of VPNs that do not work with Disney+.
VPNs That Do Not Work with Disney+ Online
ScreenBinge tested all those VPNs that claim to unblock Disney+ in unsupported countries. Here is the list of VPNs that are not working to watch Disney+ in the UK.
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
- Hotspot Sheild
- VPN Unlimited
- Cactus VPN
Note: You can opt for Surfshark our top recommendation with servers in Latham, Boston, Detroit, and Miami proven to unblock Disney+ in Britain.
Which Countries is Disney+ Available in?
Disney+ has now surpassed 100 million subscribers globally and is available in 59 countries and continuously spreading its reach worldwide.
Here are some of the major countries where Disney+ is available:
|United States||United Kingdom||Canada|
|India via Hotstar||Australia||Singapore|
|Portugal||Isle of Man||Monaco|
|Wallis and Futuna||French West Indies||French Guiana|
|New Caledonia||Japan||Indonesia via Hotstar|
|Latin America via Globoplay||Reunion||Mayotte|
|Middle East via OSN||Italy||Austria|
What to Watch on Disney Plus in the UK in 2023?
There is a massive list of shows and movies that you can watch on Disney+, from Disney classics to content from other popular production houses including Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, Star Wars, and more. Here is the list of top TV shows and movies that you can watch on Disney+:
You can also check the list of best Disney+ Action movies and the best series on Disney Plus in 2023.
What’s New On Disney+ in June 2023?
- Critter Fixers Country Vets Season 5
- Mobile Suit Gundam The Witch From Mercury
- Witching And Bitching
- Hailey’s On It
- The Voice Season 23
- Blood Curse 2023
- Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2
- Avatar The Way Of Water
- Killing Eve Season 2
- American Dad Season 19
- Age of Influence
- The Great North Season 3
- Dr Stone Season 3
- Link Eat Love Kill
- Crazy Love Kdrama
- Firebuds Season 2
- Lost Treasures of Rome
- Tomorrow I’ll Be Someone’s Girlfriend
- The Kardashians Season 3
- The Clearing
- Heart Signal 4
- Station 19 Season 6
- Grey’s Anatomy Season 19
- The Secrets Of Sulphur Springs Season 3
How do you unblock extra content on Disney+ with a VPN?
Disney+ also broadcasts extra content for Disney subscribers. Using a Disney+ VPN i.e., ExpressVPN, you will have a chance to unblock extra content while in UK. Follow the steps:
- Get connected to ExpressVPN‘s US server.
- Launch Disney+ app or go to Disney Plus website.
- Navigate “extras” option below the play button.
- That’s it! Enjoy trailers, gags reels, behind the scenes, and deleted scenes from different shows and movies.
How Much Does Disney+ Cost?
Disney+ offers different subscription cost country wise. However, in the UK, Disney+ costs you £7.99 per month and £79.90 per year.
Additionally, you can also get Disney+ Bundle using the US virtual Disney Plus servers in UK, with which you can enjoy Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ combinedly.
How to get Disney Plus for Free?
Unfortunately, Disney+ doesn’t offer a free trial, so you can’t get Disney Plus for free. However, the service offers much reasonable subscription plans (£7.99 per month) for its customers and you can cancel your subscription anytime if you want.
Disney Plus Compatible Devices?
How many devices Disney plus supports? Following are the supported devices on which you can stream Disney Plus:
- Android (phones & tablets)
- iOS (iPhone & iPad)
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV & Tablet
- Apple TV (minimum 4th generation)
- Sony PlayStation
- Apple AirPlay
- Vizio SmartCast TV
- LG WebOS Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV (Tizen OS)
How many devices can be logged into Disney Plus UK?
Subscribers can watch Disney+ in UK on 4 simultaneous streams. This is similar to what Netflix and Prime Video offers to its users but at higher cost.
How to get Disney+ without a Foreign Payment Method in UK?
You can get Disney+ without a foreign payment method in the UK by the following these two methods:
1- By changing your Apple ID region
2- By changing your location on Google Account
Sign Up for Disney+ without a foreign payment method by changing your Apple ID region
You’ll require a new Apple ID using ExpressVPN, follow the below steps:
- First, log out your existing Apple Account from App store.
- Change your region to United States (from bottom of the page).
- Create a new Apple account with a US region and Zip code.
- Use an American iTunes gift card with US dollars (from Amazon Prime, starting from $25 USD).
- Get the code and to redeem it, enter it in your Apple account settings.
- Now, log in your ExpressVPN app and connect to the US server.
- Download the Disney+ app from App Store.
- Sign up and complete your payment method with the help of your entered iTunes gift card code.
- That’s it! Enjoy watching Disney+ without a foreign payment method on your iOS devices.
Sign Up for Disney+ without a foreign payment method by changing your Google account location
Get ExpressVPN downloaded in your Android devices and follow these steps:
- Log in to your ExpressVPN app, browse the US server and press connect.
- Visit your Google accounts settings and click “Add new account.“
- After creating a new Gmail account with US region, don’t press log in and use a Google Play gift code with US dollars (from Amazon Prime).
- Enter your gift card code (US Disney Plus Gift Card in UK) on your Google Play Store in order to redeem it.
- Sign in to your new account and head to the Play Store.
- Search “Disney+ app” and download it.
- Register your account and continue to ‘Disney Plus login UK’ using your Google account credits and that’s it.
- You’re done with your payment method without using foreign processes. Start enjoying the US library while in the UK.
How to Fix a VPN Not Working with Disney+?
Why is Disney Plus not working with a VPN? If your VPN is not working with Disney+ in the UK or abroad, you should try below-mentioned troubleshoot steps:
- Switch to a premium VPN (ExpressVPN) and avoid opting for a free VPN for Disney Plus.
- Try connecting with another available server, if one is not working with Disney+.
- You VPN might be leaking your DNS, check it that’s happening and re-connect. (This often happens when you’re using a free VPN).
- Activate Smart DNS of your VPN if your device is non-VPN supported.
- Update your streaming browser; Google Chrome.
- Clear your browsing history, cache and cookies.
- Try off-on method with your internet router.
- Ask help from your VPN’s support team.
Note: You can simply reduce the number of these errors by subscribing to ExpressVPN (the best recommended VPN for Disney Plus free in the UK).
Disney Plus Not Working with VPN? Here is what to do
Nonetheless, if Disney Plus is still not working with your VPN then try using the following hacks:
- Update your VPN app.
- Switch servers.
- Clear cache and cookies of your browser.
- Test your VPN’s DNS Leak.
- Switch your streaming device.
- Re-install your VPN application.
- Off and on your internet device or router.
Does VPN work for Disney plus in the UK?
Can I use my Disney Plus account in another country?
How to watch Disney Plus on TV?
Can you get Disney Plus on Firestick?
Can I watch Disney Plus in HD with a VPN?
How many people can watch Disney+ at once?
How to get the Disney plus app in the UK?
Is it legal to watch Disney+ with a VPN in the UK?
Is the Disney+ free trial still available in the UK?
Get the best VPN to watch Disney Plus in UK now and start streaming all your favorite shows while traveling. Only subscribe to ExpressVPN, if you want to enjoy titles on HD quality along with a 30-day risk free trial.
Now that all the things are thoroughly explained, we hope that you will have no trouble accessing Disney Plus now using one of our required recommended Disney Plus VPN. If you happen to run into an issue, comment below and we will try to get back to you and help you in that regard.