Wondering how to watch CraveTV outside Canada as you are traveling abroad and don’t want to miss your favorite content? Well for this you will require a VPN first.
In this guide, I will explain how to access CraveTV outside Canada with the use of a VPN. Also the list of best VPN services that work with CraveTV and other CanadianTV channels to watch from anywhere globally. So without any further delay, let’s get started:
What is Crave TV?
Best Answer: CraveTV is a new VOD streaming service which allows you to watch HBO, Starz, Comedy Central and Showtime content like South Park, Sopranos, Ray Donovan and more. You can also watch Canadian content including Bell Media original series and foreign acquisitions.
But here is the bummer! You can watch CraveTV only in Canada because of content rights policies. This is why, when you try to access CraveTV without a VPN, you will see the following error message:
“Connection Problem, It appear there was problem completing your request. Please refresh this page”
However, you can still access CraveTV outside Canada with the use of right VPN service. Here is how you can access this Canadian streaming service abroad:
Quick Steps: How to Watch Crave TV Outside Canada
Follow these simple steps to watch CraveTV outside Canada from anywhere abroad:
- Download and sign-up for a VPN (We Recommend PureVPN).
- Open the VPN app and login with your credentials.
- Connect to the Canadian server from the list.
- Now visit CraveTV website or app and enjoy it.
Why Will you Need a VPN to Watch Crave TV Outside Canada?
CraveTV has limited its access to Canada only, Just like US Netflix in order to circumvent this Geo-restriction and unblock CraveTV in USA or in fact anywhere in the world you will need a VPN to spoof your real location and make CraveTV think that you reside in Canada.
The problem, however, is, only a few VPN for CraveTV work, while many providers claim to unblock content, only a few actually do.
Best VPN to Watch CraveTV Outside Canada from Anywhere
PureVPN: With its 70+ Canadian servers! PureVPN is our Top recommended choice, one of the biggest reason is that it has a dedicated dashboard for streaming channels, you can easily unblock CraveTV, ITV or any other channel of any region.
Surfshark: Offers 30+ server locations in Canada, Surfshark is the most economical option out there, starting at $1.99/mo. Surfshark has proved that low price doesn’t necessarily mean a compromise on quality. You will hardly have any issues with Surfshark unblocking CraveTV or platforms like CBS, Netlfix Canada, CBC & Foxtel GO, be it connectivity, speeds or UI.
ExpressVPN: The most Premium VPN service in the industry, ExpressVPN offers servers in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. ExpressVPN is know for blazing fast speed, which makes it a perfect choice for streaming lovers if you’re willing to pay above the market price starting at $8.32/mo.
How to Subscribe to CraveTV
There are two methods to subscribe to CraveTV:
- Through your TV service provider
- Directly through Crave
Since we’re looking to watch CraveTV outside Canada, we will have to go for the online option and subscribe via using a VPN.
Once you’re connected to a Canadian server, subscribe directly through crave by first creating an account.
The monthly plan comes at a rate of $9.99 + Tax, However, you can save big by subscribing for an annual plan at $99.9 + Tax.
Devices Supported By CraveTV to Watch Outside Canada
Crave supports a vast array of devices so you can enjoy streaming on your favorite platform:
- Apple TV
- Samsung SmartTV and blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and above
- iPad, iPod and iPhone running iOS 9.0+ with AirPlay
- Android tablets and smartphones running Android version 5.0+
- Windows desktop, tablets and smartphones running version 8.1
How to Watch CraveTV on Xbox
Setting up CraveTV on Xbox is really simple, just follow the below-mentioned steps and you’re good to go!
- Search for the Crave app on the Xbox store
- Download the CraveTV app
- Enter your account details
- You will be presented with an Activation code
- Go to cravetv.ca/xboxone and enter the code
- Enter this code on Crave’s official website (this will help the system recognize your device)
- Now you can watch all you want on your Xbox
How to watch CraveTV on Samsung Smart TV
If you want Crave on Samsung Smart TV, head on to the Samsung SMART HUB and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Search for the CraveTV app
- Download and install the application
- Enter your login credentials
- After this, you will be presented with a code
- Enter this code on CraveTV’s official website and register your device
- CraveTV application will be added to your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Watch CraveTV on Roku
- Press the Home button on your remote
- Click on the streaming channels option, this will take you to the Roku Store
- Once you find CraveTV, simply click on Add channel
- After adding the channel, enter your login credentials
- Enter the code provided on your CraveTV account to register your device
CraveTV Channel list
Some rich content channels that fall under CraveTV umbrella that offer a wide variety of shows for everyone are:
Can I Get Hulu in Canada via CraveTV
Best American TV Shows to Watch on CraveTV
Here is the list of American TV shows that you can watch on CraveTV:
- The Night Of (HBO)
- Billions (Showtime)
- The Sopranos (HBO)
- The Handmaid’s Tale (HULU)
- True Detective – Season 1 ( HBO)
- Band of Brothers (HBO)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (SPACE)
- The Wire (HBO)
- Barry (HBO)
- Castle Rock (HULU)
- The Deuce (HBO)
- Succession (HBO)
- Killing Eve (BBC America)
- Game of Thrones (HBO)
- Kidding (Showtime)
What is CraveTV?
Can you subscribe to CraveTV in the US?
Is CraveTV available in Canada?
How to get CraveTV for free?
How many devices can use on CraveTV?
Is CraveTV available on Roku?
If streaming is your life, and binge watching your love, jump up and subscribe to CraveTV, it’s a world full of amazing quality content where you can watch TV shows and Movies from HBO Canada, STARZ, KIDS and SHOWTIME.
But don’t forget to get a VPN service before you go all dreamy about watching your favorite shows! We conducted this entire review using Pure VPN and found it to be an exceptionally well service. It is our top recommendation!
Simple UI, consistent internet speeds, no DNS leaks and my favorite part, dedicated dash for streaming channels!