Unable to stream STV player outside Scotland? Don’t worry! In this blog, I am explaining how you can get access to STV player regardless of the country you are living in.
Watch Cold Feet or Dancing on Ice without any trouble with my help. Whether you are comfortable using Roku, PlayStation, or Apple TV, I am sharing easy-to-follow steps to help you watch STV player at home. Now let’s get down to brass tacks!
What is STV?
Best Answer: STV player is an on-demand streaming channel that is filled with catch-up shows, STV news, and a range of story-led drama series.
Whether you want to start binge-watching Endeavour or The Voice UK, there is a never-ending list of engaging shows on STV. Unfortunately, the STV player is geo-locked and you cannot access it if you are staying or vacationing outside Scotland.
And, whenever you try to access STV player then this message might appear on your screen:
“This channel is only available to watch live in the STV Broadcast License Regions and your postcode indicates that you’re located elsewhere.”
However, you can use a VPN to bypass these region-specific limitations and access STV player. With the help of a VPN, you can unblock STV shows as well as live TV streams just like I did. here is how you can do it:
Quick Steps: How to Watch STV in USA or Overseas?
The best and most reliable way to watch STV player in USA is to use a VPN. Follow these 4 steps to unblock STV player:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Open VPN app and log-in with your account credentials.
- Now search and connect to a Scottish server from the list.
- Go to the STV Player website or app > log-in to your account and enjoy.
This is me watching Single Handed on STV player after using a VPN on my device. Great show btw!
Why STV is Blocked in my Region?
Due to geo-restrictions and licensing rights, you cannot watch STV Player outside Scotland. STV player can detect and block your IP address if you are trying to access shows and live TV outside Scotland. Many streaming websites like STV player use IP tracking systems to block external access.
Bottom-Line: To access STV player, you have to either be in Scotland or use a VPN.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch STV Player in USA?
Because of licensing rights and geo-blocking, STV player is only accessible in Scotland. This is the reason why you need to use a VPN. It can help you spoof your geo-location and can magically transport your streaming device to Scotland.
So this is how a VPN works! A VPN can change the IP address of your streaming device by connecting it to a Scottish server and unblocking STV player. For instance, if you are an expat or vacationing in the US, you can use a VPN and watch STV player anywhere.
In simpler words, use a VPN to connect to a server in Scotland and stream STV player without any glitches. But not all VPNs are best-suited for accessing STV player. So let me save your time and hassle of finding the best VPN to unblock STV player by sharing my personal list!
Best STV Player VPNs to Use in USA or Abroad
After using many different VPNs to unblock STV, I am jumping to the conclusion that you can use either Surfshark or ExpressVPN. These two are perfectly-suited for accessing STV player outside Scotland. Let’s discuss some of their incredible amazing features.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN to Watch STV Player. It offers 3000+ servers across the globe in over 90 countries and conveniently unblocks STV Player from anywhere without any lag. It is amongst the fastest VPNs in the industry and is absolutely worth the price. Moreover, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. Surfshark: Best Low-Cost VPN to Watch STV Player in USA. Offers 3200+ servers in 60+ countries including in Glasgow server that is seamlessly working for accessing STV and other popular streaming services like Disney+, US Netflix, Oxygen TV, and more.
3.NordVPN: Reliable VPN with a Large Number of Servers to Watch STV Player in USA. It offers 5400+ servers in 59 countries to access STV Player as well as 7 regions of Netflix, Hulu, BT Sport, BBC iPlayer, and other geo-restricted channels from anywhere around the world.
List of Compatible Devices
You can watch STV player on any one of these streaming devices:
- Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
How to Watch STV Player in USA on your Xbox?
First, you need to set up a VPN for your router (We highly recommend ExpressVPN). Then follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your Xbox account.
- Click the Store tab and choose Apps.
- Search and install STV player app.
- Open the STV player app.
- Create an account and log-in.
- Start streaming STV player shows.
How to Watch STV Player in USA using Chromecast?
- Install and subscribe to a VPN on your device (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Now launch VPN app and log-in with your account credentials.
- Connect to a Scottish server from the list.
After setting up a VPN on your device, follow these steps to watch STV Player in USA via Chromecast:
- Install STV player app on your device.
- Create an account and log-in.
- Launch STV player app and click on Chromecast button.
- Stream STV player on your TV by using your compatible devices.
How to Watch STV Player in USA on Samsung TV?
You need to set up a VPN for your router first (We highly recommend ExpressVPN). Then follow these steps:
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Search for STV player.
- Now click Install > Add to Home > Open.
- Launch STV app.
- Create an account and log-in using your credentials.
- Stream STV shows on Samsung TV.
How to Watch STV Live on iPad?
First, let me tell you how to install a VPN for an iPad:
- Subscribe for a VPN app (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Install the VPN app, create an account, and sign-in using your credentials.
- Search and connect to a Scottish server from the list.
Once you are done installing a VPN app, you can watch STV player by following these steps:
- Install STV app from the IOS store.
- Create an account and log-in.
- Start streaming TV shows on STV.
Can I watch live TV on STV player?
Yes! To watch STV livestream, just follow the schedule and click on Watch Live option. You can easily watch STV news live as well as other shows on the list.
Can you get STV player on Sky?
Absolutely! Sky has launched STV player quite recently. So you can access thrilling shows and live TV on STV player if you already are a Sky customer.
Can you download programs on STV player?
Unfortunately, No! STV player is a streaming channel and you need an internet connection to watch shows and documentaries. STV player does not allow you to download shows. But only IOS users that have previously bought Player+ subscription can download STV shows. To download STV shows, you need to buy a monthly subscription.
Can I watch STV player in England?
Yes! You can watch STV player shows and live TV in England. But some of the most exclusive shows on STV are blocked in the UK due to licensing rights.
Now you can watch buffer-free shows on STV player! I hope I have covered everything here for you to unblock STV player anywhere you want. But don’t hesitate to ask me anything related to STV player in the comment section below. In the meantime, enjoy STV player and binge-watch great shows at the comfort of your couches.