Wondering can I get Disney Plus on Roku? Yes, you can install Disney Plus on Roku, as Disney+ is compatible with almost all main streaming devices, including Roku.
You can now enjoy content from Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Marvel on Disney Plus. Through a Disney+ subscription, you can watch amazing shows like Spy X Family, The Band That Wouldn’t Die, Big Mouth Kdrama and Tomodachi Game!
But Disney Plus is a geo-restricted streaming service, and you can’t access it everywhere. If you can’t find Disney Plus on Roku, may be its because you are trying to access it from a geo-restricted country.
However, with the use of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, you can access different Disney Plus libraries anywhere on your Roku device.
In this guide, we will tell you how you can access and stream geo-restricted content of Disney+ on your Roku device anywhere. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
How to install Disney Plus on Roku? [Quick Guide]
Wondering how to add Disney Plus to Roku. Disney Plus on Roku may be installed in just a few simple steps. Follow our step-by-step instructions below:
- Press the Roku remote’s Home button.
- Open the Channel Store by selecting Streaming Channel.
- Choose Search Channels.
- Type Disney Plus in the search bar.
- When you see Disney Plus app in the search results, click it and then choose Add Channel.
- Following installation, you may find it in the list of channels on your home screen.
- If you already have a Disney Plus account, you must sign in with roku disney plus login credentials the first time you open its app.
- If not, you may create an account at this point.
- Voila! Disney Plus is successfully installed on Roku, and you can start streaming it.
How to Watch Disney+ on Roku from Anywhere? [Easy Guide]
Following are all the instructions through which you can stream Disney outside USA on Roku:
Set Up US Roku Account to stream Disney Plus
- Subscribe and download a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN on your device.
- Open the VPN app and sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to a US server (New York server is recommended).
- Create a US Roku account now by launching the Roku signup page.
- Select the US as your country and enter an American Zip Code.
- Your US Roku Account is now ready.
Set up a Virtual Router on Your PC to Watch Disney+ on Roku
Follow these instructions to configure a virtual network on Windows for streaming Disney+ on Roku:
- On your PC, visit Settings, and then Network and Internet.
- Switch on your Mobile Hotspot.
- From the menu of Share my internet connection, set Wi-Fi.
- Click on Edit, and create a new username and password.
- Under Related Settings, click on Change adapter options.
- In the Network Connections screen, note the name of the connection you created.
- Right-click ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and then select the Properties option.
- Over there, click on the Sharing tab and tick the box to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- Now in the dropdown menu, select the internet connection that you created and click OK.
- Now open ExpressVPN and connect to any server from the USA (New York server is recommended).
- It’s time to connect your Roku to your VPN enabled Virtual Router.
Connect Roku to Virtual Router & Watch Disney+ from Abroad
- Launch your Roku device and visit settings.
- Go to Networks, then Set Up Connection and select Wireless.
- Connect to the VPN-enabled Virtual Wi-Fi you just created.
- Enter your login credentials, and wait for the procedure to complete.
- On your home screen, scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
- Type Disney+ and Add Channel.
- Disney+ is now installed on your Roku. Sign in and enjoy watching your favourite shows from anywhere.
What are the Best VPNs to Watch Disney+ on Roku from Anywhere?
To unblock Disney Plus on Roku, you require a top-notch and best VPN for Roku to bypass geo-restrictions. Here are the top 3 Disney Plus VPNs to stream on Roku that contain every required feature.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get Disney+ on Roku
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Disney+ on Roku due to a lot of reasons. First, it conveniently unblocks Disney Plus on Roku from anywhere; secondly, it provides unlimited bandwidth, which helps us binge-watch all our favourite shows with download speed of 89.42 Mbps.
ExpressVPN has a MediaStreamer, which lets Roku have access to a VPN service as the system lacks a dedicated VPN app like you can stream Disney+ on Xbox.
It also offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries, including the servers in Disney Plus available countries.
You can connect ExpressVPN on up to 5 devices simultaneously. It offers tons of servers are located in 25+ US locations. Through ExpressVPN amazing features, you can also stream Disney Plus on PS4.
You can use ExpressVPN on macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. The provider also offers dedicated apps for Roku, Fire TVs, Apple TV, Routers, Smart TVs, and Game Consoles. Not only that, but you can also stream Disney+ on Chromecast.
AES-256-Bit Encryption safeguards your privacy, and features like Trusted Server Technology, Zero-Logging, DNS Leak Protection, and Automated Kill Switch further enhance your online security.
It costs around AU$10.12/mo (US$6.67/mo) (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan)and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will find ExpressVPN on all major software and devices.
2. Surfshark – Budget Friendly VPN to install to Disney Plus on Roku
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN for Disney+ on Roku because it costs only AU$3.78/mo (US$2.49/mo) (83% Off on 2 Years Plan), which is great as compared to others.
It is well-equipped with 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, including more than 600 server options in the US that lets you stream Disney+ on iOS and other devices from anywhere, even in the regions it is not available in yet.
This provider runs a SmartDNS service on its system for devices that are not VPN app supported like you can stream Disney+ on any TV. These methods interconnect the system internally by providing a dedicated IP address based on the region of your choice.
It’s compatible with Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux. You can also download its apps on your streaming devices, including Firestick, Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles, Apple TVs, Chromecast, and Routers.
Surfshark guarantees unimpeachable online security and personal privacy. You get AES-256-Bit encryption, IPSec, and IKEv4 protocols. Furthermore, features like Automated Kill Switch, Multi-Hop, No-Logging, and Camouflage Mode further strengthen your security.
Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous device connections on a single account so that you can also watch Disney Plus on Samsung smart TV. Surfshark comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. NordVPN – Largest Server to watch to Disney+ on Roku
NordVPN features the largest server network to watch Disney Plus on Roku. It offers an expansive network of more than 5310+ servers in 59+ countries, including 1970+ servers in the US.
Out of the many modes that NordVPN has on its app, one of them is dedicated to streaming, which will improve your experience as you begin to watch Disney+ on Roku.
Since Roku does not have a dedicated VPN app, NordVPNs SmartPlay service is what will come in handy to imply the services on the device to easily let you stream Disney+ on Vizio Smart TV.
The provider also offers user-friendly smart apps for popular streaming devices like Roku, Firesticks, Apple TVs, Gaming Consoles, Routers, and Smart TVs.
You can use a single subscription on 6 devices simultaneously. NordVPN offers several top-notch, futuristic features, such as AES 256-Bit protocol, Automated Kill Switch, DNS & IP Leak Prevention, Zero-Logging, Obfuscated Servers, and many other features.
It offers a 2-year plan worth AU$4.99/mo (US$3.29/mo) (Save 60% on 2-year plan)along with a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
Which Roku Devices are Compatible with Disney Plus?
Do all Rokus have Disney Plus? Mostly latest models of Roku are compatible with Disney Plus since its launch, including Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+, and Roku Ultra.
Here is the list of both supported and some unsupported older Roku models with Disney+:
The following list of Roku devices are compatible with Disney+:
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku 1
- 4K Roku Premiere
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku 4
- Roku Express
- 4K Roku Ultra
- Roku Express+
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- Roku Streaming Stick
- 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Which Roku Models are no longer Supported on Disney+?
If you wonder is my Roku too old for Disney Plus or if you can’t find Disney Plus on Roku, may be its because your Roku model is incompatible with Disney+. Here is the list of Roku devices are not compatible with Disney+:
How to Fix if Disney+ Not Working on Roku ?
If Disney Plus on Roku not working, may be its because of weak internet connection. Issues on Disney+ on Roku can be sorted by checking the following things:
- Check your internet speed and connection. Your device must be connected to a strong internet connection.
- Check for any updates for Disney+.
- Uninstall the Disney Plus app from your Roku device and reinstall it.
- Switch off your Roku device and restart it.
What can I Watch on Disney Plus with Roku?
Disney Plus has the most amazing collection of movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc. You can get classic, new releases, comedy, thriller, anime, sci-fi, horror, and all other genres of content on Disney Plus Roku. If you are a Disney Plus subscriber, you will never get bored.
What are the Best Disney Plus Shows to watch on Roku in 2022?
Here is the list of the best Disney+ shows that you can stream on Roku.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
- Family Reboot
- Ms. Marvel
- What If…?
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
- Love Victor
- Zombies 3
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Light & Magic
- High School Musical: The Musical
- Moon Knight
- American the Beautiful
- The Mandalorian
- Under the Banner of Heaven
What are the Top Disney Plus Movies to Watch on Roku in 2022?
Here is the list of the best Disney+ movies that you can watch right now on your Roku device.
- Hello Stranger
- The Incredibles
- Toy Story 2
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- The Princess Bride
- Love and Fortune
- Zombies 3
- Turning Red
- My Lucky Star
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
You may also watch the top action movies on Disney+.
How Much Is Disney Plus a month on Roku?
How do I cancel Disney Plus on Roku?
- Highlight Disney Plus in the list of channels on your Roku homescreen.
- On your remote, press the star/asterisk button.
- Select Manage subscription from the option that appears.
- Cancel subscription should be selected twice. You will receive a confirmation email that includes the last day of valid access
Is it legal to watch Disney Plus on Roku with a VPN?
Can you watch Disney Plus on Roku with a free VPN?
Wrapping it Up!
Getting Disney Plus on Roku is easy, and this blog will further enhance your streaming experience as you get Disney Plus on your big screen via Roku. This blog will help you set up Roku and also get you the best shows on Disney Plus so you can watch and enjoy them all you want.
To stream Disney Plus in geo-restricted countries on Roku, get a subscription to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN because of its fast speed server and unblocking capabilities.
In case of any further assistance, feel free to comment below and we will get back to you soon. Happy streaming!