Want to learn how to watch Disney Plus on Roku from anywhere? Then you’ve come to the right place. We will guide you step-by-step on how to get Disney+ on Roku from anywhere using a VPN.
Disney+ is currently available in only a handful of countries. It plans to complete its expansion by 2021, but you will require a VPN if you want to access it from abroad till then.
Disney+ has strong restriction filters that prevent you from streaming it from regions where it has yet to launch. And it won’t allow the user to access the site and show a message similar to the picture above.
To spare yourself the hassle of missing out on all the latest episodes on The Mandalorian, a reliable VPN for Disney+ comes in handy, which will bypass all the filters and restrictions for you. Here is how you can do so:
How to Watch Disney+ on Roku from Anywhere [Easy Guide]
Following are all the instructions through which you can stream Disney+ on Roku from anywhere:
Set Up US Roku Account
- Start by subscribing and downloading ExpressVPN on your PC.
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server from the USA.
- Create a US Roku account now.
- Select the US as your country and enter an American Zip Code.
- Your US Roku Account is now ready.
Set up a Virtual Router on your PC
Before you begin, disconnect your ExpressVPN connection.
- On your computer, visit Setting, and then Network and Internet.
- Switch on your Mobile Hotspot.
- From the toggle below of Share my internet connection, set Wi-Fi.
- Click on Edit, and create a new username and password.
- Under Related Settings, click on Change adapter options.
- In the Network Connections screen, note the name of the connection you created.
- Right-click ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and then select the Properties option.
- Over there, click on the Sharing tab and tick the box to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
- Now in the dropdown menu, select the internet connection that you created and click OK.
- Now open ExpressVPN and connect to any server from the USA.
- It’s time to connect your Roku to your VPN enables Virtual Router.
Connect Roku to Virtual Router & Watch Disney+ from Anywhere
- Launch your Roku device and visit settings.
- Go to Networks, then Set Up Connection and select Wireless.
- Connect to the VPN enabled Virtual Wi-fi you just created.
- On your home screen, scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
- Type Disney+ and Add Channel.
- Disney+ is now installed on your Roku. Sign in and enjoy watching your favorite shows from anywhere.
Best VPNs for Disney+ on Roku to Watch it from Anywhere
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Disney+ on Roku due to alot of reasons. First, it conveniently unblocks Disney Plus on Roku from anywhere; secondly, it provides unlimited bandwidth, which helps us binge-watch all our favorite shows without interruptions.
ExpressVPN has a MediaStreamer, which lets Roku have access to a VPN service as the system lacks a dedicated VPN app. It also offers 3000+ servers in over 90 countries, including the ones where Disney+ is available.
You can connect ExpressVPN on up to 5 devices simultaneously. And it also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will find ExpressVPN on all major software and devices.
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN for Disney+ on Roku because it is equipped with 3200+ servers in 60+ countries that lets you stream Disney+ from anywhere, even the regions it is not available in yet.
This provider runs a SmartDNS service on its system for devices that are not VPN app supported. These methods interconnect the system internally by providing a dedicated IP address based on the region of your choice.
Surfshark’s unique selling point is its unlimited simultaneous connections and an extremely affordable price as compared to others, all while it provides an additional 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN to stream Disney Plus on Roku. Out of the many modes that NordVPN has on its app, one of them is dedicated to streaming, which will improve your experience as you begin to watch Disney+ on Roku.
NordVPN has 5400+ dedicated servers in over 50 locations, and it will easily unblock Disney+ from anywhere using one of these many servers. Since Roku does not have a dedicated VPN app, NordVPNs MediaStreamer service is what will come in hand to imply the services on the device.
You can connect NordVPN on up to 6 devices simultaneously. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
How to Fix issues with Disney+ on Roku?
Issues on Disney+ on Roku can be sorted by checking the following things:
- Check your internet speed and connection
- Check for any updates for Disney+
- Reinstall the Disney+ app
- Restart your Roku device
Can I get Disney Plus on Roku?
Yes, Disney+ is available on Roku under the Streaming Channels. Or use the search bar to navigate the app and download.
How do I add Disney+ to my Roku?
Turn on your Roku device, navigate to the home screen, and from the left side, select Streaming Channels. On the search bar, type Disney+. Once the app shows up on the screen, add it.
Where is Disney Plus on Roku?
You will find Disney+ on the Movies and TV category in the Streaming Channel option.
Why can’t I add Disney Plus to Roku?
There are numerous reasons behind it; either check your internet connection, check for the app updates, restart, and reinstall the app and device to solve the matter.