HBO Max is home to some of the best Warner-Bros productions and shows like Raised by Wolves, Game of Thrones, Made for Love, etc.
Even its price is adequate considering the content value and rate of new releases. But because of an influx of many OTT platforms, it is hard to just stick to one. Unfortunately, HBO Max is only accessible in the US, and you cant enjoy HBO Max outside USA until you pay for a premium VPN. You can also check the HBO Max price for the Ads-free experience.
HBO Max even comes as an add-on with Hulu, which gives Hulu a bigger advantage. Whether you find the price too high or the content not enough, we’re here to show you how to cancel HBO Max.
The easiest way to do so is through a website, but in this guide, we’ll cover various ways of doing so.
How Do I Cancel HBO Max Subscription?
There’s a chance that you realize HBO Max is geo-restricted in certain regions and is not widely available. In this case, we use a VPN to gain access whenever we’re traveling or reside in a non-supported region of HBO Max.
It simply reroutes our internet traffic through a remote server that bypasses geo-restrictions.
If you’ve made up your mind, let us show you how to cancel HBO Max subscription. It can be done from any device like iPad, iPhone, Android phones, or tablets, streaming devices like Roku or Amazon, etc. However, you can follow the same procedure to cancel Netflix on Roku:
Here’s what you do:
- If you reside in an HBO Max-supported region, you may skip this step. If not, get a VPN service subscription (preferably ExpressVPN) and use it to connect to a server located in the USA.
- Visit the HBO Max website and log in to your account.
- On your homepage, click on your account name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- After the menu opens, click on “Subscriptions.”
- On the left part, select “Manage Subscriptions”. A new window will open.
- Click “Cancel Subscription” in the new window and pick a cancellation reason. It doesn’t matter which you choose but honesty is appreciated.
- After selecting, click “Yes, Cancel Subscription.”
- On the confirmation page, you’ll find the expiration date of the subscription. In case you change your mind, you can resume the subscription before the expiration date.
How to Cancel HBO Max on the Web
If you want HBO Max to change your subscription or simply cancel it, the easiest way to do so is by web. Here’s how you cancel HBO Max subscription on the web: You can do the same when you cancel Netflix subscription.
- Go to HBO Max’s website and log in with your credentials.
- Click on the account name in the top-right corner and click “Subscriptions” in the newly-open menu.
- Click “Manage Subscriptions” and a new window will open.
- Click “Cancel Subscription” and provide a cancellation reason.
- Click “Yes, Cancel Subscription.”
- On the confirmation page, you’ll find the time of expiry of your subscription. In case you want to continue using HBO Max, you can resume the subscription within the expiry date.
How to Cancel HBO Max on iOS
Many of our fans don’t have access to the web and would like to run their whole world on their iPhones or iOS devices. No matter which device it is, all you need is the HBO Max app and it’ll be a piece of cake. Here’s how to cancel HBO Max on any iOS device:
- Open the HBO Max app on your device and log in with your account.
- Tap the “Profile” icon which is on the home screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon, which is a little gear-shaped icon on the top-left.
- On the new screen, select “Billing Information.” Under which you should find a “Manage Subscription” button.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription” and provide the cancellation reason.
- Tap “Yes, Cancel Subscription.”
How to Cancel HBO Max on Android
Canceling an HBO Max subscription on Android is similar to iOS devices. Assuming you already have the HBO Max app, here’s how you cancel HBO Max on an Android device:
- Open the HBO Max app and log in with your account.
- On the homepage, click on the “Profile” icon and then the “Settings” icon.
- Tab “Subscriptions” in the settings menu.
- Tap “Manage Subscriptions.”
- On the new screen, tap on “Cancel Subscription” and provide a reason for cancellation.
- Tap “Yes, Cancel Subscription” and you’ll be redirected to the cancellation page. It will have the expiration date of your subscription.
How to Cancel HBO Max Through Hulu
As mentioned earlier, Hulu even offers HBO Max as an add-on. So if you’re looking to cancel HBO Max through Hulu, here’s how you do it:
- Go to the Hulu website or app and log in to your account.
- In your account, go to the “Your Subscriptions” section and click “Manage Plan.”
- In your list of add-ons, you should find HBO Max. select its box to an X and select “Review Changes.”.
- Click “Cancel” and your HBO Max add-on will be canceled.
How to cancel HBO Max through amazon prime
To Cancel your HBO Max subscription to Amazon, here’s what you do:
- Sign in to your Amazon account and navigate to “Appstore Subscriptions.”
- Find HBO Max in your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal. It will then be canceled.
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku
To cancel HBO Max on Roku:
- Go to My Roku and log in.
- Navigate to “Manage account” under which you’ll find your list of subscriptions.
- Find HBO Max in your active subscriptions and select “Cancel Subscription”. After doing so, you’ll have successfully canceled HBO Max on Roku.
Can you cancel HBO Max Free trial?
Yes, you can. If you’re using HBO Max in free trial mode and want to cancel it before the expiration date, here’s what you do:
- Log in to your HBO Max account and click on “Profile” on the top-right.
- Go to “Billing Information” and select “Manage Subscription”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” and provide a reason for cancellation.
- After confirming, you’ll have successfully canceled HBO Max during the free trial.
HBO Max is a popular OTT platform that is working on bringing new features and shows to its content library. Moreover, you can avail HBO Max free trial and get access to a variety of popular movies and shows. It’s also globally expanding to newer regions.
But if you still wonder how to cancel HBO Max, this guide is sure to help you. No matter which device or subscription model you have, you can cancel the HBO Max subscription with ease.