Disney+ is the new Netflix Competitor, however, it is geo-restricted and only available in a few locations like the US, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Puerto Rico. You can also watch it in India but only through Hotstar.
But aside from just these countries, Disney+ isn’t available anywhere else. Even more annoyingly, just like Netflix, a lot of good content is only available in the US library of Disney+.
But there is a simple hack to get past all the restrictions.
If you’re wondering how to get Disney+ outside US or how to watch Disney+ online from anywhere in the world, either you are in Europe or Africa then this guide is perfect for you. But before I tell you how, you will need to get yourself a VPN that works with Disney+.
Anyways, In this easy guide for beginners, I am going to tell you how to stream and how to get Disney+ without a foreign payment method from anywhere in the world.
By the time we’re done, you’ll be able to enjoy content from Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, National Geographic, old animated classics, Avengers series, new TV shows like The Mandalorian and much more with the help of a VPN.
So without any further delay, let’s dive in..
Easy Steps: How to Watch Disney+ From Anywhere
In order to unblock Disney+ abroad with a VPN, follow these easy steps specifically compiled for beginners:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN. (We specifically recommend Surfshark).
- Open the VPN app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a country server where Disney+ is officially available (Recommended Servers: Miami, Denver, Latham, Atlanta, and Australian servers).
- Head over to Disney+ site and Sign-Up for a new account. Please keep in mind that in order to purchase a subscription, you will require a payment method that is linked to either US, Netherland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand’s residential address.
- Now sign-in with your Disney+ account and enjoy your favorite content from anywhere outside the US
Note: Surfshark is our top recommendation to unblock and watch Disney+ online from anywhere because of its streaming optimized servers and unlimited simultaneous connections.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney+
Right now, Disney+ can only be accessed in the US, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Puerto Rico, and India. In order to access it elsewhere, you will need to change your geo-location, otherwise, you will come across the following error message:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
This is where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can come handy. A VPN allows you to change your local IP and virtually appear anywhere in the world. So, by connecting to an encrypted US server location, a VPN can help you access Disney+ from abroad hassle-free.
When you change your local IP address with an American IP address, it will trick the Disney+ into thinking that you are actually residing in the US. This way, you can get and use Disney+ from anywhere in the world.
But a VPN is not only used for streaming purposes, it can also be used to prevent hackers, government agencies, and marketers from tracking your online activities. This is why a lot of privacy conscious people use VPNs to stay under the radar and browse anonymously.
Best VPNs to Watch Disney+ from Abroad
1. Surfshark – Most affordable VPN to watch Disney+
Surfshark is one of the best VPN for Disney+ you can get in 2020 right now. It is fast, reliable, and offers 1700+ servers in 63+ countries worldwide. Some of its popular server locations include USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Germany, South Africa, and Singapore.
If you wish to test out Surfshark yourself, you’ll be glad to hear that Surfshark not only offers a 7-days free trial but also a 30-days money-back guarantee. Even more impressively, Surfshark lets you use a single subscription on an unlimited number of devices at the same time.
Another reason to love Surfshark is that it is fully compatible with a wide range of operating systems like iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and more.
Surfshark is fast too. It has no bandwidth limit and can easily offer speeds in the upper 70s on a 100 Mbps connection. Some of the best server locations for the best Disney+ streaming performance are listed below.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|Latham||71 Mbps||112 ms||Yes|
|Boston||77.4 Mbps||130 ms||Yes|
|Miami||74.11 Mbps||111 ms||Yes|
|Detroit||72.22 Mbps||212 ms||Yes|
Best of all, Surfshark comes with 24/7 live chat support. So, if you just can’t find a working server to stream Disney+ in unsupported countries as the Philippines, you can easily contact their support team to get access to a working server.
2. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN for Disney+
ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including the US, Canada, and the Netherlands. Because of its fast speeds, it makes it an excellent choice for streaming geo-restricted content on Disney+.
Similar to Surfshark, ExpressVPN also offers both a 7-days free trial and a 30-days refund policy so you can test drive it yourself. Even though ExpressVPN is expensive, it does offer 5 multi logins per subscription plan.
Compatibility is also not an issue for ExpressVPN. You can use it on iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, routers and on a bunch of other devices with no problem.
If we talk about speeds, ExpressVPN is blazing fast. If you have it running, you will not even notice it in the background. That’s how fast ExpressVPN is. Some of its best server locations are listed below for your convenience.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|New Jersey-1||80.11 Mbps||109 ms||Yes|
|New York||81.5 Mbps||100 ms||Yes|
|Washington DC-1||82.22 Mbps||120 ms||Yes|
Just like any other popular VPN. ExpressVPN also comes with best in class 24/7 live chat support.
3. PureVPN – Budget Disney+ VPN
PureVPN offers 2000+ in 140+ countries, which is more than what any budget VPN is currently offering the industry. Not only is PureVPN great to watch Disney+ in other countries but it is also my most recommended VPN to watch Telemundo live or watch adult swim outside the US due to its unblocking capabilities.
One of the reasons to love PureVPN is that it offers a free trial along with a 31-days refund policy to let you fully test out the service for yourself. Best of all, it now offers 10 multi logins which is super cool. You can use it on any device you can imagine thanks to its excellent app compatibility.
PureVPN is fast too, although Surfshark and ExpressVPN are faster. But regardless of that, you can still stream in HD. Here are some of the best servers you can try.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|Ashburn||61.2 Mbps||119 ms||Yes|
|Houston||60.66 Mbps||120 ms||Yes|
|Chicago||67 Mbps||144 ms||Yes|
|LA||55.23 Mbps||111 ms||No|
|New Jersey||58.19 Mbps||234 ms||No|
One of the best things about PureVPN is its customer support. While some VPN will offer live chat during certain hours, PureVPN actually offers 24/7 customer support. Now that’s impressive.
Note: These were my top three most recommended VPN for Disney+. If you want to check out other VPNs, go ahead and check out our Best VPN for Disney+ blog.
How to Sign up for Disney+ Without Using US Payment Method
Now, as I said earlier, in order to purchase a subscription plan of Disney+ from a country where the service is not officially available, you will need access to a payment method that is linked to either US, Netherland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand’s residential address. Otherwise, you will receive the “Disney+ payment method does not match country” error.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I will now show you all the steps on how to create Disney+ account outside the US without credit card. Let’s start with the iOS method first shall we?
- Create a new Apple ID. For this, follow this link, open it on your laptop/desktop browser. While creating a new Apple id, make sure to use a new email address that you didn’t use with your existing Apple id and select “United States” as your country/region.
- Once you get the new apple id account > Open Settings on your iOS device,> Search for iTunes & App Store and tap on it > Now sign-out your existing Apple Id and sign-in with your new ID.
- Now open this Amazon Gift Card Link on your Apple device and purchase it depending on which plan you want to buy an annual or monthly Disney+ subscription.
- If you don’t know how to redeem the Apple gift card, click here to follow the right process.
- Once you redeemed the gift card > Open App Store and downloaded the “Disney+” app.
- Now install one of the recommended VPNs that are mentioned and sign-up for it. Open VPN app and sign in with your credentials (We used Surfshark) > Connect to USA server from the list.
- Once connected to USA server, open Disney+ app and create your account with a new Apple ID. Since you have already redeemed a Disney+ gift card on your new Apple id, you can use that to pay for Disney+ outside US when asked, enter code from the card.
You’re now subscribed to Disney+ outside US, open the D+ app, and watch it from anywhere abroad.
You will require a VPN first to get Disney+ on Android devices in your country. So first download a VPN and sign-up for it (We used Surfshark) > Now open the VPN and connect to an American server from the list.
Once you are connected to US IP address, here are the steps for how to create Disney+ account outside the US via Android:
- First, click on this link to create a new Google account.
- Once the account is created > Now its time to buy a Google Play Store Gift Card from Amazon. To purchase Google Play Gift card, you don’t need to connect to a VPN since you can purchase items from Amazon. However, you need a VPN to download and sign-up for Disney+ account.
- After purchasing a gift card for Disney+, you will get redeem code in the email. Open the email and click to “Redeem Your Code” to transfer the google gift card in your google account.
- Now you need to fill out your country, name, and ZIP code > Select ‘United States’ and enter a five-digit US ZIP code (you can easily find US zip code online).
- Now sign-out your existing Google id and log-in with your new Google account on your Android device.
- Open “Play Store,” search for Disney+, and download the app. Since you already connected to US IP address, the app will directly start downloading.
- Once the Disney+ installed > Open the app and tap on “Sign up for Disney+ only.” option, create your account and pay for the Disney+ subscription by using Play Store Gift Card.
Now open Disney+ app > Sign-in with your account and enjoy it from abroad.
Where is Disney+ Available?
Disney+ service is available in selected countries only. Here are the official Disney+ release date by country.
|USA||12th November 2019|
|Canada||12th November 2019|
|Netherlands||12th November 2019|
|Australia||19th November 2019|
|New Zealand||19th November 2019|
|UK||31st March 2020|
|Germany||31st March 2020|
|France||31st March 2020|
|Spain||31st March 2020|
|Italy||31st March 2020|
|India||3rd April 2020|
Can I use a free VPN to Unblock Disney+?
To be honest with you, no! Free VPNs just don’t offer many servers or features that can unblock hard to access streaming services like Disney+.
Besides that, free VPNs can put your privacy at risk too. In fact, there are many free VPNs out there that make money by selling your personal information. Because of that, I only recommend using premium VPNs like Surfshark, ExpressVPN or PureVPN.
What devices Disney+ Support?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Disney+ online:
- Desktop web browsers
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Vizio TVs
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Fire Tablets
- Android TV
- Xbox One
- Sony Smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Samsung devices and TVs
Can I share Disney+ Overseas?
Yes, you can use your Disney+ account aborad or can share it with friends overseas. However, to stream the service in unsupported nations you still need to bundle Disney+ and VPN.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?