Wondering how to watch Disney Plus online in your country as the service is geo-restricted and only available in few locations? Well for this you will require a VPN first.
In this blog, I am going to tell you how to stream Disney Plus in your country as well as how to subscribe to the service without using a foreign payment method.
Right now, Disney+ is offering content from Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, and National Geographic. This means with Disney Plus, you can enjoy old animated classics, Avengers series, and new TV shows like The Mandalorian and more.
But, sadly, this highly anticipated service is only available in a few countries, including the USA, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand only. And in Europe, the service will start on March 31st, 2020.
This means you have to be in one of the mentioned above countries to stream Disney+. Moreover, just like Netflix, the content library differs based on your location.
This means if you need to get full access to Disney Plus content, you must be a resident of the USA or any of the available countries. This is why I am here to take you out of this painful situation by providing an easy guide to get Disney+ in your country with a VPN.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Disney+ Abroad
Right now, Disney Plus is offering its service only in USA, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, and New Zealand.
This means to stream Disney+, you have to reside in one of the countries where the service is officially available. Otherwise, if you try to access Disney Plus, the following error will appear on your screen:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
This is where Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help you in getting Disney Plus in your country. A VPN allows you to change your local IP with the one where the service is officially available such as USA.
So, when you change your local IP address with American IP address, it will trick the Disney+ that you are residing in US and allows you to stream the service from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Disney Plus Online From Anywhere Abroad
Follow these steps to unblock Disney+ abroad with a VPN in
- Download and subscribe to a VPN (We specifically recommend Surfshark).
- Open the VPN app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a country server where Disney+ is officially available (Recommended Servers: Miami, Denver, Latham, Atlanta, and Australian servers).
- Now head over to Disney Plus site and sign-up. Please keep in mind that you will require a payment method that is linked to USA, Netherland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand address.
- Now sign-in with your Disney+ account and enjoy from anywhere abroad. If it still not working, check your internet speed connection and clear your browser to fix the issue.
Note: Surfshark is our top recommendation to unblock and watch Disney Plus Online from anywhere, for it’s streaming optimized worldwide servers with multiple cities available. Full Steps for the payment method details are listed below.
How to Get Disney+ Account in any Country with a VPN
Steps to Create Disney Plus Account via iOS from Abroad
Follow these steps to get Disney+ on iOS from abroad:
- Create a new Apple ID. For this, follow this link, open it on your laptop/desktop browser. While creating a new Apple id, make sure to use a new email address that you didn’t use with your existing Apple id and select “United States” as your country/region.
- Once you get the new apple id account > Open settings on your iOS device,> Search for iTunes & App Store and tap on it > Now sign-out your existing Apple Id and sign-in with your new ID.
- Now open this Amazon Gift Card Link on your Apple device and purchase it depending on which plan you want to buy an annual or monthly Disney+ subscription.
- If you don’t know how to redeem the Apple gift card, click here to follow the right process.
- Once you redeemed the gift card > Open App Store and downloaded the “Disney+” app.
- Now install one of the recommended VPNs that are mentioned and sign-up for it. Open VPN app and sign in with your credentials (We used Surfshark) > Connect to USA server from the list.
- Once connected to USA server, open Disney+ app and create your account with a new Apple id. Since you have already redeemed a gift card on your new Apple id, you can use that to pay for the subscription after the trial period ends.
- Now open the Disney Plus app and watch your content from anywhere abroad.
Steps to Create Disney+ Account via Android Device from Abroad
You will require a VPN first to get Disney+ on Android devices in your country. So first download a VPN and sign-up for it (We used Surfshark) > Now open the VPN and connect to an American server from the list.
Once you are connected to US IP address, follow these steps to watch Disney Plus on Android from abroad:
- First, click on this link to create a new Google account.
- Once the account is created > Now its time to buy a Google Play Store Gift Card from Amazon. To purchase Google Play Gift card, you don’t need to connect to a VPN since you can purchase items from Amazon. However, you need a VPN to download and sign-up for Disney+ account.
- After purchasing a gift card, you will get redeem code in the email. Open the email and click to “Redeem Your Code” to transfer the google gift card in your google account.
- Now you need to fill out your country, name, and ZIP code > Select ‘United States’ and enter a five-digit US ZIP code (you can easily find US zip code online).
- Now sign-out your existing Google id and log-in with your new Google account on your Android device.
- Open “Play Store,” search for Disney Plus, and download the app. Since you already connected to US IP address, the app will directly start downloading.
- Once the Disney+ installed > Open the app and tap on “Start Free Trial” option, create your account and pay for the subscription by using Play Store Gift Card.
- Now open Disney+ app > Sign-in with your account and enjoy it from abroad.
Best VPNs to Stream Disney+ from Abroad
Surfshark: Best Pocket-friendly VPN to unblock Disney+ from abroad. (currently working-updated on 13th January 2020)
NordVPN: Best working VPN to watch Disney+ right now (currently working-updated on 13th January 2020)
PureVPN: This provider is fast enough to stream your favorite content on Disney+ with robust online privacy features at reasonable prices. (currently working-updated on 13th January 2020)
ExpressVPN: This provider is expensive, but it has the fastest servers among all the providers that work with Disney+ with powerful security features. (currently working-updated on 13th January 2020)
for more, you can check my detail guide on the best working VPN to watch Disney+ from anywhere globally.
How Much Does Disney+ Cost?
Disney+ is available for $6.99/month or $69.99 if you pay for its yearly subscription. You can also sign-up for its bundle offer, which includes Disney Plus, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ on a single subscription by paying $12.99/month.
Where is Disney+ Available?
Disney Plus service is available in selected countries only. Here are the official Disney Plus release date by country.
|USA||12th November 2019|
|Canada||12th November 2019|
|Netherlands||12th November 2019|
|Australia||19th November 2019|
|New Zealand||19th November 2019|
|UK||31st March 2020|
|Germany||31st March 2020|
|France||31st March 2020|
|Spain||31st March 2020|
|Italy||31st March 2020|
What devices Disney Plus Support?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Disney Plus online:
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Amazon Fire TVs
- Desktop Browser
- Samsung, Hisense and LG Smart TVs
- Android TVs
Will Disney plus be available on smart TVs?
Yes, you can watch Disney+ on the following smart TVs. However, viewers having older models than 2015 May experience device compatibility issues.
- Android TV
- Sony TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Hisense smart TVs
When Disney Plus be Launched in UK?
According to Disney+ official, the service will launch in the Uk, Spain, France, Italy, Germany and in other European countries on 31st March 2020.