Wondering how to watch Disney+ from anywhere in the world? Either you are in Europe or Africa this guide will help you to stream Disney+ from anywhere no matter where you live. Let’s dive in.
Disney+ is the new Netflix competitor, however, it is geo-restricted and only available in a few locations like the US, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Puerto Rico. You can also watch it in India but only through Hotstar. Even more annoyingly, just like Netflix, a lot of good content is only available in the US library of Disney+.
But you don’t have to worry because with a premium Disney+ VPN service now you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies like The Mandolorian, Mulan, Marvel, Star Wars, Simpsons, and other classics from anywhere.
Screenbinge tested 5000+ servers of 50+ providers to find out, which VPN works best to stream Disney+ in geo-block countries without any buffering issues.
Here is how you can access Disney+ with one of our recommended VPNs (All the below mentioned VPNs comes with at least a 30-day money-back guarantee which makes them totally risk-free to use).
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney+
Right now, Disney+ can only be accessed in the US, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Puerto Rico, and India. To access it elsewhere, you will need to change your geo-location, otherwise, you will come across the following geo-blocking error message:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country.”
This is where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can come in handy. A VPN allows you to change your local IP and virtually appear anywhere in the world. So, by connecting to an encrypted US server location, a VPN can help you access Disney+ from abroad hassle-free.
When you change your local IP address with an American IP address, it will trick Disney+ into thinking that you are actually residing in the US. This way, you can get and use Disney+ from anywhere in the world.
Best VPNs to Watch Disney+ from Abroad
1. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN for Disney+
ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 90+ countries, including the US, Australia, UK Canada, and the Netherlands. Because of its fast speeds, it makes it an excellent choice for streaming geo-block streaming services like Disney+.
ExpressVPN also offers a 30-days refund policy so you can test drive it yourself. Even though ExpressVPN is expensive, it does offer 5 multi logins per subscription plan.
ScreenBinge tested ExpressVPN’s 100 servers to access Disney+ from different geo-block locations. And every single server we tested, successfully unblocks Disney+.
If we talk about speeds, ExpressVPN is blazing fast. If you have it running, you will not even notice it in the background. That’s how fast ExpressVPN is. Some of its best server locations are listed below for your convenience.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|New Jersey-1||80.11 Mbps||19 ms||Yes|
|New York||81.5 Mbps||80 ms||Yes|
|Washington DC-1||82.22 Mbps||111 ms||Yes|
This means with an average speed of 81.27 Mbps, you can watch all the 20 TV shows and 80 movies on Disney+ in 4K, including Star Wars, Monster Inc, Doctor Strange, Thor Ragnarok, and others.
You can also cast your favorite Disney+ classics via Chromecast by setting up ExpressVPN on your mobile devices.
If you don’t know which server to connect to stream Disney+, ExpressVPN 24/7 live chat is the right place to find out about the best working servers.
2. Surfshark – Most affordable VPN to watch Disney+
Surfshark is one of the best VPN for Disney+ you can get in 2021 right now. It is fast, reliable, and offers 1700+ servers in 60+ countries worldwide. Some of its popular server locations include USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Germany, and Italy.
If you wish to test out Surfshark yourself, you’ll be glad to hear that Surfshark not only offers a 7-days free trial (available on iOS and Android devices) but also a 30-days money-back guarantee. Even more impressively, Surfshark lets you use a single subscription on an unlimited number of devices at the same time.
Another reason to love Surfshark is that it is fully compatible with a wide range of operating systems like iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, Firestick, and Android Smart TV. And if you want to stream Disney+ on devices such as Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, PS4, smart TV without Android OS, or routers you can use Surfshark’s smart DNS that is already included in the subscription.
Surfshark is fast too. It has no bandwidth limit and can easily offer speeds in the upper 70s on a 100 Mbps connection. this means with Surfshark, you can enjoy Disney+ 4K streaming without any annoying pauses and poor video quality issues. Some of the best server locations for the best Disney+ streaming performance are listed below.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|Latham||71 Mbps||27 ms||Yes|
|Boston||77.4 Mbps||30 ms||Yes|
|Miami||74.11 Mbps||101 ms||Yes|
|Detroit||72.22 Mbps||120 ms||Yes|
With an average speed of 73.68 Mbps, we were able to stream Frozen, Toy Story, Iron Man in 4K on Disney+.
Best of all, Surfshark comes with 24/7 live chat support. So, if you just can’t find a working server to stream Disney+ in geo-blocked countries you can easily contact their support team to get access to a working server.
3. PureVPN – Budget Disney+ VPN
PureVPN offers 2000+ in 140+ countries, which is more than what any budget VPN is currently offering the industry. Not only is PureVPN great to watch Disney+ in other countries but it is also my most recommended VPN to watch Telemundo live or watch adult swim outside the US due to its unblocking capabilities.
One of the reasons to love PureVPN is that it offers a free trial along with a 31-days refund policy to let you fully test out the service for yourself. Best of all, it now offers ten multi logins.
It offers dedicated apps for all the major streaming devices including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Android Smart TV, and Firestick. It also offers Smart DNS to stream Disney+ on all the devices that do not support VPN directly such as Roku, Apple TV, non-Android Smart TV, and gaming consoles.
PureVPN is fast too, although ExpressVPN and Surfshark are faster. But regardless of that, you can still stream in HD. Here are some of the best servers you can try.
|Best Server Location||Speed||Ping||4K supported|
|Ashburn||61.2 Mbps||119 ms||Yes|
|Houston||60.66 Mbps||120 ms||Yes|
|Chicago||67 Mbps||144 ms||Yes|
|LA||55.23 Mbps||111 ms||No|
|New Jersey||58.19 Mbps||234 ms||No|
One of the best things about PureVPN is its customer support. While some VPN will offer live chat during certain hours, PureVPN actually offers 24/7 customer support. Now that’s impressive.
How to Sign up for Disney+ Without Using US Payment Method
Now, as I said earlier, in order to purchase a subscription plan of Disney+ from a country where the service is not officially available, you will need access to a payment method that is linked to either the US, Netherland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand’s residential address. Otherwise, you will receive the “Disney+ payment method does not match country” error.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I will now show you all the steps on how to create a Disney+ account outside the US without a credit card. Let’s start with the iOS method first shall we?
- Create a new Apple ID. For this, follow this link, open it on your laptop/desktop browser. While creating a new Apple id, make sure to use a new email address that you didn’t use with your existing Apple id and select “United States” as your country/region.
- Once you get the new apple id account > Open Settings on your iOS device,> Search for iTunes & App Store and tap on it > Now sign-out your existing Apple Id and sign-in with your new ID.
- Now open this Amazon Gift Card Link on your Apple device and purchase it depending on which plan you want to buy an annual or monthly Disney+ subscription.
- If you don’t know how to redeem the Apple gift card, click here to follow the right process.
- Once you redeemed the gift card > Open App Store and downloaded the “Disney+” app.
- Now install one of the recommended VPNs that are mentioned and sign-up for it. Open VPN app and sign in with your credentials (We used ExpressVPN) > Connect to USA server from the list.
- Once connected to the USA server, open the Disney+ app, and create your account with a new Apple ID. Since you have already redeemed a Disney+ gift card on your new Apple id, you can use that to pay for Disney+ outside US when asked, enter the code from the card.
You’re now subscribed to Disney+ outside the US, open the D+ app, and watch it from anywhere abroad.
You will require a VPN first to get Disney+ on Android devices in your country. So first download a VPN and sign-up for it (We used ExpressVPN) > Now open the VPN and connect to an American server from the list.
Once you are connected to a US IP address, here are the steps for how to create a Disney+ account outside the US via Android:
- First, click on this link to create a new Google account.
- Once the account is created > Now it’s time to buy a Google Play Store Gift Card from Amazon. To purchase a Google Play Gift card, you don’t need to connect to a VPN since you can purchase items from Amazon. However, you need a VPN to download and sign-up for a Disney+ account.
- After purchasing a gift card for Disney+, you will get a redeem code in the email. Open the email and click “Redeem Your Code” to transfer the google gift card to your google account.
- Now you need to fill out your country, name, and ZIP code > Select ‘United States’ and enter a five-digit US ZIP code (you can easily find US zip code online).
- Now sign-out your existing Google id and log-in with your new Google account on your Android device.
- Open “Play Store,” search for Disney+, and download the app. Since you already connected to US IP address, the app will directly start downloading.
- Once the Disney+ installed > Open the app and tap on the “Sign up for Disney+ only.” option, create your account and pay for the Disney+ subscription by using Play Store Gift Card.
Now open the Disney+ app > Sign-in with your account and enjoy it from abroad.
Where is Disney+ Available?
Disney+ service is available in selected countries only. Here is the official Disney+ release date by country.
|USA||12th November 2019|
|Canada||12th November 2019|
|Netherlands||12th November 2019|
|Australia||19th November 2019|
|New Zealand||19th November 2019|
|UK||31st March 2020|
|Germany||31st March 2020|
|France||31st March 2020|
|Spain||31st March 2020|
|Italy||31st March 2020|
|India||3rd April 2020|
Can I use a free VPN to Unblock Disney+?
To be honest with you, no! Free VPNs just don’t offer many servers or features that can unblock hard to access streaming services like Disney+.
Besides that, free VPNs can put your privacy at risk too. In fact, there are many free VPNs out there that make money by selling your personal information. Because of that, I only recommend using premium VPNs like Surfshark, ExpressVPN, or PureVPN.
What devices Disney+ Support?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Disney+ online:
- Desktop web browsers
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Vizio TVs
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Fire Tablets
- Android TV
- Xbox One
- Sony Smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Samsung devices and TVs
Can I share Disney+ Overseas?
Yes, you can use your Disney+ account abroad or can share it with friends overseas. However, to stream the service in unsupported nations you still need to bundle Disney+ and VPN.