It’s game night, and you are so excited to watch your favorite NFL team play. But at the moment you start watching the match, the screen gets blackout!
Ughh… the situation is getting hopeless, and now you wonder, is there any way to stream blackout matches on Hulu, Sling TV Canada, DirecTV now or how to use YouTube TV from Abroad? If you are a victim of it, then don’t worry because I got you covered.
In this blog, I will explain to you why NFL preseason and some regular matches get blackout on these online services. Also, how you can get access to all the NFL matches if they get blackout on these online streaming services with the help of a VPN. So without any further ado, let’s dive in:
Why NFL Matches Get Blackout on Hulu, Sling TV & DirecTV Now
First thing first, the reason why NFL preseason matches and some Thursday night football games blackout on these streaming services is because of the following contracts:
- A few years back, NFL sold mobile streaming rights like Verizon for cellular devices. This means you can only watch NFL matches on mobile devices if you have Verizon.
- Some NFL Thursday Night Football on NBC, FOX, and CBC can only be stream on Amazon Prime because of contracts with NFL officials.
- There are some old contracts of NFL with different sports channels because of which some of the matches still get blackout on streaming services like Hulu, Sling TV, AT&T TV Now and YouTube TV.
- In the USA, all NFL preseason games are broadcasted by local stations. This is why all the preseason matches are not available to watch on streaming services.
But thanks to VPN, now you can watch all the NFL preseason, Thursday night, and weekend live-action online in the USA, Canada, UK, or anywhere around the world. Here is how you can do it:
How to Watch NFL Live Online Games If They Get Blackout on Hulu, Sling TV, AT&T TV Now and YouTube TV from Anywhere Globally
If you want to watch all the NFL matches without getting a blackout, then NFL Game Pass International could be the best option for you. And the best thing, NFL Game Pass, offers a 7-days free trial too!
With NFL Game Pass pro subscription, you will be able to stream all live-action, including preseason, 250+ regular, playoff, Super Bowl, and all the highlights on multiple devices. But here is the bummer! If you are residing in the USA, you won’t be able to access live streaming of regular matches via NFL Game Pass. And some live games are also blackouts in different parts of Europe too. This means those users who subscribe for NFL Game Pass from outside the USA and European locations can access all the NFL live matches through the game pass.
But here is the good news! You can still access all NFL matches without getting blackouts in the USA, Europe, or anywhere in the world via NFL Game Pass with the help of a VPN.
Follow these steps to stream all the live games through NFL Game Pass from anywhere globally:
- Subscribe and download a VPN (I highly recommend Surfshark).
- Open the VPN app and login with your username and password.
- Connect to the non-US and non-Europe servers such as Australia or New Zealand.
- Now head to the NFL Game Pass website and sign up.
- Sit on your favorite couch, and enjoy it without any hassle!
This is how you can watch all live NFL games, including highlights from anywhere around the world. And the best thing NFL Game Pass and Surfshark support all the major devices including iOS (10 or later), Android (6 or later), Smart TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Firestick, Roku, Xbox One, PS4, Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
How Can I Watch Blacked-Out NFL Games?
The blackout schedule can be viewed on the homepage of NFL Game Pass. If you buy a subscription from anywhere else in the world, you will have unrestricted access to all NFL games. Live streaming of every game will also be available.
How to Watch NFL Live Online Games on Mobile Outside USA
If you are living outside the USA and want to stream live NFL games on mobile (iOS or Android) for free, then download the Yahoo Sports or the NFL app and enjoy via VPN. To do so:
- Download and subscribe to a VPN on your mobile device (I highly recommend Surfshark).
- Open the VPN and sign in with your account credentials.
- Now connect to the USA server from the list.
- Download the NFL app (iOS, Android) or the Yahoo Sports app (iOS, Android).
- Launch the app, and enjoy it!
Note: keep this thing in mind outside the USA; both of these apps are geo-blocked because of content rights policies. This is why you need a VPN to access these apps outside of the USA.
That’s all folks! Next time if you face the blackout issue while watching live NFL games on Hulu+ Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, or AT&T TV Now, you know what to do.
As of now, the best way to watch all the NFL matches is by subscribing to NFL Game Pass International Pro. However, if you are residing in the USA or Europe, you need a VPN to access all the NFL matches.
If you still have any queries, you can ask me by mentioning your comment below. Happy Binging!