If you are wondering whether you can use YouTube TV outside the US, then it’s important to know that the service is geo-restricted.
YouTube TV is currently only available in USA. So, if you try accessing the streaming platform outside the region, you will receive an error message:
“Live local networks and video on demand aren’t available in this country.”
How to Watch YouTube TV Outside US [Easy Steps]
Quick Tip: To create a Youtube TV account, you require a US Zip code, like 10002 is a zip code from the New York area. If you want to watch channels from a specific area, these area-wise zip codes will help you.
You can either Google them or visit here to find the ones according to your preference. You can pay for YouTube TV with PayPal or you can use a YouTube TV gift card to complete your sign-up from abroad.
How to Sign-up for YouTube TV Outside US
Follow these easy steps to unblock & sign up to Youtube TV International outside the US:
- Download a reliable VPN application like ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and connect with US server.
- Visit YouTube TV > click on the “Start Free Trial” option.
- Sign-up with all the required information as mentioned below.
- Provide a “Zip Code” of any place located in the US.
- After submitting the YouTube TV Zip Code, a new screen will appear on the screen.
- It shows what channels you will get in the standard subscription at $64.99/month.
- Click on the “Next: Add On” option to move on with the sign up process.
- Now you will have an option to select (or not) any of the additional channels.
- Click on the “Next: Checkout” option and pay with “PayPal”
- Buy a YouTube gift card and you will receive it via your email address
- Redeem the gift card to add balance to your Google Play balance to pay for YouTube TV.
- Once the process is complete > Head to YTTV > Sign-in with your credentials and enjoy!.
Best VPNs for Watching YouTube TV Outside US
ScreenBinge has tested over 50+ VPNs and came up with this list of these top 3 VPNs that will let you stream YouTube TV Outside US.
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for YouTube TV Outside the US
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for YouTube TV outside US, due to its fast speeds. On a 100Mbps connection, it averages at 89.99Mbps in downloads. This is owed to its huge server count of 3,000+ servers in 90+ countries.
It allows up to 5 simultaneous connections per account which costs 6.67 USD/mo and comes with an exclusive offer of 12 + 3 months free on their yearly package, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Supports 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy
- Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS and Android
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- Slightly Expensive Pricing
2. Surfshark: Affordable VPN for YouTube TV Outside USA
Surfshark is the most affordable choice for accessing YouTube TV outside USA. It comes with an affordable tag of 2.49 USD/mo and also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The best part of all: streamers enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription, which comes in handy for unblocking a myriad of streaming services, excluding YouTube TV.
For connectivity, users have access to 3,200+ servers in 65 countries, among which 500+ servers are available in 20+ US cities. To get assistance, you have 24/7 live chat support available!
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- Requires a Broader Audit
3. NordVPN: User-Friendly VPN for YouTube TV Outside USA
NordVPN is perhaps the most user-friendly service for accessing YouTube TV outside USA. Its applications are quite intuitive and responsive. The interface allows for easy selection of servers for unblocking.
For bypassing geo-restrictions, users have 5,200+ servers in 59 countries, among which 440+ servers are located in the United Kingdom. These come in handy for watching this service outside USA.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Supports 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Dedicated IP Addresses Available
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on Android & iOS
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Some Downtime Issues
Criteria for Choosing a VPN to Unblock YouTube TV outside USA
While choosing a VPN for unblocking YouTube TV, there are three things that you have to take into consideration:
Security and Features
What good is a VPN, if it cannot ensure your safety. Always choose a VPN with a strong encryption protocol, so that your anonymity cannot be decrypted by any hacker, government authority or even your ISP.
The best VPN providers in the industry offer military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol. This is the best encryption that you can get from a VPN. Besides this, a VPN should also ensure no IP or DNS leaks.
Also, the provider should also have a strict no-logs policy, so that you may browse and stream freely without being afraid that your activity is being tracked.
No. of Servers
A VPN that has a large network of servers will help you to enjoy streaming without compromising on speed. You will not face any bandwidth issues as the load on the servers will be less.
And, if any server’s response time is slow, you will be able to switch to another one. For example, ExpressVPN has more than 20 servers in the USA and more than 3000 servers worldwide.
If you are using ExpressVPN for unblocking YouTube TV, you will have the option to choose from 20+ servers, and you will not be facing any bandwidth loads or lags.
The capability of Unblocking YouTube TV
Other than all the things, a VPN should be able to bypass the geo-restrictions and access the platform without being detected. after all, if a VPN does not have the capability to do that then it’s not useful at all.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock YouTube TV Abroad?
Your internet connection has your local IP address. So, when you try to unblock YouTube Live/TV outside the USA, the service immediately tracks your local IP and won’t allow you to access the service.
This is where the right VPN will help you to bypass YouTube TV geo-restrictions so you can watch it outside the US. With VPN you can change your local IP with a US IP address by following the mentioned above steps.
This is how to trick YouTube TV into thinking that you are residing in the USA and access the content from anywhere no matter where you live. With a VPN, you can also watch CNBC outside the United States and even download Adult Swim app outside the USA.
What if YouTube TV Detects VPN Proxy?
The YouTube TV VPN proxy server detected issue mainly occurs while streamers try to opt for sub-standard virtual network services or free options.
As these low-cost/free services lack the technical infrastructure to unlock YouTube TV or alike services one often expects to receive YouTube TV not working with VPN errors.
Another issue that is faced by many of the mainstream providers is the YouTube TV Block VPN problem, as YouTube continues to blacklist the IPs it’s a cat and mouse game. But all this can be easily resolved by switching your server location to a different US state or City.
Can a Free VPN Unblock YouTube TV Outside of the USA?
There are dozens of FreeVPN services that claim to unblock popular geo-blocked streaming services like YouTube TV. However, according to ScreenBinge testing, none of them unblocks YouTube TV outside of the USA.
And there are tons of reasons why these free VPN services can’t unblock YouTube TV and other geo-streaming services: First, these free VPN services offer a very limited amount of servers, and unlike premium VPN services they don’t replace their servers once they get blacklisted or blocked by YouTube.
Second, if surprisingly any of these free VPN providers server works with YouTube TV to watch outside of the USA, then there is a high chance that you going to face buffering and poor video quality issues as they are a large number of streamers using a limited amount of servers.
Third, it requires a hefty amount of money to run a VPN service. And most of these free VPN services cover this running cost and even earn handsome profit by selling users data logs to surveillance agencies, third parties, and social platforms.
On Which Devices is YouTube TV available?
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with YouTube TV
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Apple TV)
How to Unblock YouTube TV on Android Outside US
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on Android:
- Open Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for “YouTube TV” and tap to download it.
- Open the YouTube TV App outside USA!
- Tap on the “Try it Free” option if you don’t have an account.
- If you already have an account > tap on the “Sign-in” option instead.
- After signing in with your Google Account > Verify your location.
- Review the TV Networks in your area.
- Add any premium channels (optional) > then tap “Next”
- Once the process is complete > Open YouTube TV and enjoy!
How to Watch YouTube TV on FireStick
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV on FireStick:
How to Watch YouTube TV on Apple TV
Streaming YouTube TV on Apple is super easy. To do so:
Note: If you are not residing in US, you will need a VPN to access the content since it is only available in America
YouTube TV Channel List
YouTube TV offers various top trending titles to watch in collaboration with excellent online channel services like ABC Network, NBC, Fox, and CBS. Here is the complete list of channels (click on seel all channels) that you can watch on YouTube TV:
- ESPN 2
- Fox Business, Sports 1, Sports 2, News
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD and much more
Here are all the popular programs and shows by genre that you can find on YouTube Tv Directory.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
Here is you can cancel YouTube TV subscription:
YouTube TV Alternatives
While YouTube TV is an incredible addition for cord-cutters, there are other alternatives as well, such as:
- DIRECTV NOW
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- PlayStation Vue
Can I use YouTube TV in two locations?
How do I pay for YouTube TV outside the US?
Is YouTube TV worth the money?
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all binge-watching lovers who want to watch their favourite shows in one place. Hopefully, the above guide should help you watch YouTube TV outside US, but if you encounter any issues, feel free to drop a comment below!